• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Evolve so late....

Years
    Personally, I don't really mine. Sure, it is a little annoying, but it is more of a challenge that you have the 'worst' form of the Pokemon till later.​

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
    Years
    I can't stand it! I'm trying to complete the dex and it's such a pain!

Also, I really want the electric lamprey, but it takes so long to evolve!

Quillz

Enlightened
    Years
    The dragon types like Hydreigon don't really count towards the late evolving thing, as most dragon types don't evolve until they're in the 50s anyway (with the exception of Altaria, but it's the weakest Dragon type so...)
    And why exactly shouldn't it count? Prior to this generation, nothing evolved later than Lv. 55, now we have a number of Pokemon that don't reach their final form until Lv. 56 or greater.

I think it's great, it makes trainers really have to work for that full pokedex. But on the training front they are a pain in the butt to train (My stupid Deino didn't get to a Zweilous without 4 rare candies because it can't stay alive...) but they do have the highest leveled wild pokemon of any region, which makes training them a bit easier.
    Doesn't Platinum technically have these games beat, with Lv. 100 wild Magikarp?

Last edited:
    Back