• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red Battle Edition (Version 1.2)

Are you interested in a discord server for this hack

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2020
    I think every time I noticed the 'Lv' missing was on the Sevii Islands, but I could have overlooked such a detail.

No, I meant Zangoose. I know it's not a competitive pokemon, but I just love the guy.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    The squad.
    Pokemon Fire Red Battle Edition (Version 1.2)

I finished this hack last night. You can read a full write-up of the playthrough here.

I'll make a condensed version of that. I liked the hack. It was definitely harder than the average FireRed game. My team was not great, a common Water-type weakness. I needed an Electric-type move as Gyarados popped up several times. I was too impatient and stubborn to change my team. Camerupt would be on the chopping block. Most situations where I thought I needed Numel/Camerupt, other Pokemon did more of the work. I lost dozens of time, especially in the early part of the game and the Pokemon League. I underestimated the difficulty of the hack early on, sometimes I made bad plays too. There were some good strategies used by the AI, but it does feel a bit limited. I understand that it's because several Pokemon can only do one role. Still, if I analyzed more during the playthrough, I would've predicted sets better. Espeon, Jolteon, Electrode, you just know they'll set up Reflect and/or Light Screen.

The AI did make stupid plays, not realizing I had Lightningrod and Magic Bounce. Several wins came from me exploiting the AI. Towards the end of the game, Piloswine was the MVP, mainly because it was overleveled. At one point, I had to try and limit my use of Piloswine. For the Altering Cave battle, I had to do the battle again because I wasn't satisfied with Piloswine doing all the work. Despite that, Piloswine usage ramped back up for the 2nd round Agatha, Lance, and Champion battles. I wish grinding would be better. I had to grind for the first Pokemon League challenge, and needed the Vs. Seeker for that. I used it in Kindle Road, also battled wild Pokemon sometimes. That took longer than I would've liked. I had to grind again for the 2nd round Pokemon League and the postgame boss battles, but it was less exhausting due to access to the Chansey/Blissey spot.

Some map designs are nice, some remind me of SinisterHoodedFigure's Kaizo hacks. I played Emerald Kaizo before this, so the memory's fresh in my mind. Route 24-25 required going through all the trainers on your first visit. That was annoying, but that seemed to fade away for the most part. Route 14-15 was ridiculous too. You know about "7.8/10 too much water?" Here it's too many ledges.

I think that's it. This is a solid hack

laser_dolphin

BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    The squad.

I finished this hack last night. You can read a full write-up of the playthrough here.

Wow. Thank you. I feel honored to recive 14 pages of feedback.

The AI did make stupid plays, not realizing I had Lightningrod and Magic Bounce. Several wins came from me exploiting the AI.
    Yeah the Ai is not very good when it comes to handling the new abilities (I might have to remove these problematic abilities in the upcoming batch)

Piloswine was the MVP, mainly because it was overleveled. At one point, I had to try and limit my use of Piloswine.
    The trade Pokemon are kinda the easy mode of the hack with them having perfect IVs in nearly every stat and greater exp gain. So Pilowswine should definitely feel like a MVP

I had to grind for the first Pokemon League challenge, and needed the Vs. Seeker for that. I used it in Kindle Road, also battled wild Pokemon sometimes.
    I also used the Kindle Road spot for my test run but it did not feel like I needed that long to train my team. Upgrading the Machokes to Machamps here might be a good solution.

Some map designs are nice, some remind me of SinisterHoodedFigure's Kaizo hacks. I played Emerald Kaizo before this, so the memory's fresh in my mind. Route 24-25 required going through all the trainers on your first visit. That was annoying, but that seemed to fade away for the most part. Route 14-15 was ridiculous too. You know about "7.8/10 too much water?" Here it's too many ledges.
    I know the ledges feel like a bit to much from time to time but I think they are worth it in the end for the challenge they provide.
    On an unrelated note: I have never played any of SinisterHoodedFigure's Kaizo hacks and any resemblances were coincidentally.
    You definitely do have a point with the cut trees though. That is now on my update list.

For the Altering Cave battle, I had to do the battle again because I wasn't satisfied with Piloswine doing all the work.
    Since I have not read about them in your documentation: do you know that there are three trainers stronger than the altering cave battle (superbosses) in the Viapois chamber?

Cheers LD

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Since I have not read about them in your documentation: do you know that there are three trainers stronger than the altering cave battle (superbosses) in the Viapois chamber?

I didn't know. I had to grind everyone to level 75. Piloswine was already level 80. I lost to 1 twice, and another once. I beat them all, pretty difficult. Good job on the music changes, especially the top superboss in that chamber. I adore the Frontier Brain battle theme.

laser_dolphin

BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    Version 1.2 available now​

It includes:
    • Adjusted game balance (better grinding spot, removed Magic Bounce and Lightning Rod, nerfed trade Mons)
    • Small reworks of maps (around Fuchsia and Celadon City, Route 2, 10, 14 and 15)
    • Minor bug and documentation fixes

Saves should be compatible with prior versions.

Big shout-out to futeen0815 and SevenChurches for their detailed feedback.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Version 1.2 available now​

It includes:
    • Adjusted game balance (better grinding spot, removed Magic Bounce and Lightning Rod, nerfed trade Mons)
    • Small reworks of maps (around Fuchsia and Celadon City, Route 2, 10, 14 and 15)
    • Minor bug and documentation fixes

Saves should be compatible with prior versions.

Big shout-out to futeen0815 and SevenChurches for their detailed feedback.

Have you considered using the CFRU. It has an updated AI which accomodates all Gen 4 -8 Moves Abilities and Items in its AI (which fixes the Lightning Rod and Magic Bounce issue) Its also compatible with in-progress ROM Hacks and since yours is already so similar to base Fire Red, it should be easy.

laser_dolphin

BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    Have you considered using the CFRU. It has an updated AI which accomodates all Gen 4 -8 Moves Abilities and Items in its AI (which fixes the Lightning Rod and Magic Bounce issue) Its also compatible with in-progress ROM Hacks and since yours is already so similar to base Fire Red, it should be easy.

If I will ever work on another hack it wil be a decomp one. This one stays binary though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    Pokemon Fire Red Battle Edition

This hack aims to make the game more difficult and your xth visit to Kanto a bit different while still trying to stay true to the original.
    You can download the current version (V 1.2) here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kk7qhfqbun5ch9x/FR_Battle_Edition_V1_2.zip/file
    You have to find Pokemon Fire Red US 1.0 yourself.

Discord Link: Server no longer exists

Best of Gen3 Kanto Dex
    151 of the best Pokemon of Gen3 have been condensed into the Kantodex with 50 more Pokemon catchable on the Sevii Islands.
    The majority of the Pokedex can be completed before the E4 and most of the Pokemon can be caught after obtaining Surf which means you have a wide variety of possible candidates for your team.

Higher Difficulty
    Each and every trainer has been gifted better Ai and better IVs as well as new teams.
    Special attention has been given to the Boss battles which were made considerably harder.
    To up the ante even more, in-battle item use has been disabled (not including hold items) and the battle style has been permanently set to set.
    The exp curve has been alterd as well to accomodate these changes.
    The Fairy type as well as the physical/special split have been implemented in this hack.
    In the post game you can earn Mega Stones by battling the Gym Leaders that are visiting the Sevii Islands.

Graphical Updates
    Most places on your journey have slightly changed and should look different but still feel familiar.
    With the world changing its inhabitants had to as well. Look forward to new overworld sprites.
    The soundtrack has also been improved (look forward to hearing pieces you most likely have not heard before).
    Sprites and Icons for each and every Pokemon have also been polished by using MrDollSteak's Sugimori Palettes Sprites and Icons.

Pokemon Modifications
    Trade evolutions are triggered by a new item called Link Cable
    Updated Base Stats to current game standards (Electrode +10 Speed, Dugtrio +20 Attack, etc.) as well as giving Magneton, Rhydon, Piloswine and Dusclops their Gen4 Evolution stats.
    Every Pokemon's moveset is updated to Generation 7 standards, with minor tweaks.
    TM learnsets updated to modern standards (Fire types learn Solar Beam, etc.).
    Abilities updated (some Pokemon have their hidden ability readily available others have abilities they do not normaly have e.g.: Snow Warning Snorunt).
    New attacks and items have been added.

Quality of Life Changes
    99.9% fully decapitalized text
    Running indoors
    BW repel system implemented
    Natures have colored stats
    Deleteable HM's and Infinite Use TM's and Move Tutors
    Hidden Power typing is directly shown to you
    Pokedex shows stats instead of size comparison

Media:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Bugs:
    Spoiler:

Older Versions:

can some one make a guide about this game pls

Days
    • Seen Feb 14, 2024
    Pokemon Fire Red Battle Edition

This hack aims to make the game more difficult and your xth visit to Kanto a bit different while still trying to stay true to the original.
    You can download the current version (V 1.2) here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kk7qhfqbun5ch9x/FR_Battle_Edition_V1_2.zip/file
    You have to find Pokemon Fire Red US 1.0 yourself.

Discord Link: Server no longer exists

Best of Gen3 Kanto Dex
    151 of the best Pokemon of Gen3 have been condensed into the Kantodex with 50 more Pokemon catchable on the Sevii Islands.
    The majority of the Pokedex can be completed before the E4 and most of the Pokemon can be caught after obtaining Surf which means you have a wide variety of possible candidates for your team.

Higher Difficulty
    Each and every trainer has been gifted better Ai and better IVs as well as new teams.
    Special attention has been given to the Boss battles which were made considerably harder.
    To up the ante even more, in-battle item use has been disabled (not including hold items) and the battle style has been permanently set to set.
    The exp curve has been alterd as well to accomodate these changes.
    The Fairy type as well as the physical/special split have been implemented in this hack.
    In the post game you can earn Mega Stones by battling the Gym Leaders that are visiting the Sevii Islands.

Graphical Updates
    Most places on your journey have slightly changed and should look different but still feel familiar.
    With the world changing its inhabitants had to as well. Look forward to new overworld sprites.
    The soundtrack has also been improved (look forward to hearing pieces you most likely have not heard before).
    Sprites and Icons for each and every Pokemon have also been polished by using MrDollSteak's Sugimori Palettes Sprites and Icons.

Pokemon Modifications
    Trade evolutions are triggered by a new item called Link Cable
    Updated Base Stats to current game standards (Electrode +10 Speed, Dugtrio +20 Attack, etc.) as well as giving Magneton, Rhydon, Piloswine and Dusclops their Gen4 Evolution stats.
    Every Pokemon's moveset is updated to Generation 7 standards, with minor tweaks.
    TM learnsets updated to modern standards (Fire types learn Solar Beam, etc.).
    Abilities updated (some Pokemon have their hidden ability readily available others have abilities they do not normaly have e.g.: Snow Warning Snorunt).
    New attacks and items have been added.

Quality of Life Changes
    99.9% fully decapitalized text
    Running indoors
    BW repel system implemented
    Natures have colored stats
    Deleteable HM's and Infinite Use TM's and Move Tutors
    Hidden Power typing is directly shown to you
    Pokedex shows stats instead of size comparison

Media:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Bugs:
    Spoiler:

Older Versions:
    It would be absolutely lovely to be able to find gen1 pkm in the bushes :/

Back