• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen pokemon fire red : blue koffing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    i was playing fire red and was at the pokemon mansion and saw a blue koffing, so i caught it. has anyone seen one of these before?

pkmnhippy

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    i was playing fire red and was at the pokemon mansion and saw a blue koffing, so i caught it. has anyone seen one of these before?

They can delete your file, give it to me and I'll get rid of it safely.

j/k
    It a rare Pokémon called a Shiny.

CombatArmsWarrior

A new Year is about to begin..
    Years
    Um, I think I know what these r called. They r called Shiny pokemon, A pokemon that has different colors from the original ones. Don't worry It's not a giltch, but a rare pokemon. I hope u caught it!

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    one more question. I caught it and i am wondering if i evolve it will it still be shiny?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Yes, it will stay shiny. Personally, I would much rather have a Pokemon with flawless IVs than one that is a different color. At least gives you some sort of benefit.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Yes, flawless EV's is better, but a Shiny cann be Traded for almost enything!
    Everyone wants Shinies!
    And a Shiny WITH flawless EV's(was about to write IQ...) would be EVEN better!
    And, did you know that a Shiny has a 50% chance of making Shiny Eggs, so you can Breed Pass the Shinieness to a Better Pokémon than a Koffing, for example a Tyranitar or a Heracross!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    And, did you know that a Shiny has a 50% chance of making Shiny Eggs, so you can Breed Pass the Shinieness to a Better Pokémon than a Koffing, for example a Tyranitar or a Heracross!
    O rly? I don't think so. That's pretty fake. Otherwise everyone would be walking around with shinies. -.-

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Ummmm, no that is not true. Breeding with a shiny Pokemon does not increase the odds of getting a shiny baby one bit. It still follows the 1:8192 odds.

And no, a Pokemon with flawless IVs that is shiny is in no way any better than a Pokemon with the same IVs and of normal color.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Yeah, like it's been said, that's called a Shiny. They're pretty rare, so I'd hold on to it if I were you.

Regardless, this thread has no real discussion anymore o.o

-Closed-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back