• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Fire Red Music, What was Made Better/Worse

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green (which most don't know is an updaded version of the original green version) were considered a phenomenal decision by pokmon fans, and were an improvement to the games in almost any way.

Almost...

This is basically a thread discussing about what songs that were remixed seemed betterand what songs sounded like skewed clips of guitar sounds compaired to their originals.

_

Personally, I think the Pokemon Mansion theme was improved, compared to the original where it was difficult to tell the beeps apart from the actual tune.

As for the worst, Silph Co.'s theme sounded like a boss battle compared to the simplistic eerie and yet slightly disturbing tune of Red and Blues.

Last edited:

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    I think the idea of a Red/Green re-do was horrible. The first series was only fun on the original cartridge. And plus you could already get all those pokemon. G/S/C is needed!!

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
    I think the idea of a Red/Green re-do was horrible. The first series was only fun on the original cartridge. And plus you could already get all those pokemon. G/S/C is needed!!
    Yay for spam?

On topic, I think the Lavender Town music was an improvement. It was creepy before, but multilayer tracks made it even creepier.

I have to agree that the battle music degraded from the original. It just doesn't give me the same feel it did in the original games.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    Well, the battle music isn't as angry as it was in the original, but i miss that type of battle music. The remix in the remakes is good but it doesin't pump up the adrenaline like it used to in the old.

As for what was made better, i think i'd be the Cerulean/Fuchsia City theme. Though I always liked the theme from those cities, but the one in the remakes made it better in my opinion.

Years
    Somebody already mentioned Silph Co., and I have to agree; the new version wasn't as good.

Some of the tracks were ok, but I preferred the soundtrack to the original games more. Maybe it's just a nostalgia thing. =P

Shaterpie

Gold Caterpie > Red Gyarados
    Years
    A bit of a bump but I firmly believe none of the R/B/Y stuff can be bettered. It's got to be some of the best 8 bit music ever.

Lavender Town and Pokemon Tower were just so intense...

Silph Co
    Cinnabar Mansion
    Mt. Moon
    Team Rocket Hideout
    SS. Anne

Go back and listen to them again, so, so good.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I never really paid attention to the music most of the time...but the lavender town building with the *gulps* dead pokemon... *ahhh!* it has scary music in there...

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    Lavender Town was always my favorite. I think they did a good job with it in FR/LG.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    The Intro Music was better in RBY (even if it might be beacuse i play RBY on my Phone, which has better sound quality rather than the actual music), and the Battle Theme is better in FRLG

Back