• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon FireRed Johto Hack

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2023
    So I've recently come across the idea of making a Fire Red hack to add Johto into the game, able to be explored after beating the elite four. I'm not a rom hacking expert yet, but I think I could manage figuring it out for such a project.
    Theoretical Features:
    -A post-game Johto region.
    -New areas around the Sinjoh ruins, with Sinnoh Pokemon.
    -All Gen1-4 Pokemon obtainable in the game + later evolutions (Sylveon)
    -Fairy Types
    -Gen7 battle mechanics
    -Some reusable TMs, and consumable(but re obtainable) TRs
    -Day/Night, Weather, and Seasons
    -Changed "road blocks"
    -A slightly changed story

Story changes would include the protagonist of the opposite gender of the player, adding more character development for the rival, etc. I also- if there's enough space left, want to add the Sinjoh ruins, and create a new area around it for catching some Sinnoh Pokemon. Besides, are you going to try to tell me that there's ruins which have a great cultural, historical, perhaps even religious significance, and people aren't turning it into a tourist trap?

After collecting all eight Kanto badges, you can travel to Johto, and take on the Johto league. After collecting all Johto badges, you can challenge the Elite Four again, and they would be stronger the second time around.

Couldn't this be done in gen2? Yes, but it probably wouldn't look as good.
    Why not just hack gen4? While making a gen4 hack sounds like a "probably", a gen3 hack remains a "certainly." In other words, while a lot of the things I want to do might be possible in gen4, all of these things are definitely possible in gen3.

Last edited:
    Years
    I am interested in putting something like this in my hack for fire red. I have all 807 pokes up to gen 7 in along with most moves and items and mega evolution with proper stones. Would you be interested in editing maps for this? You would of course get a large amount of credit and I would want to help you document your methods for the community to learn. I am definitely looking to add sinnoh and johto into fire red for sure and maybe replace the 4th map with primitive unova or something like that but yeah. I have really been looking hard for someone who can pull something like this off and I really want this project to be legendary and this hack isnt about me or the dozens of others who put their hands into it, its about the community and have the largest and cleanest experience possible in a gen 3 hack. Its about giving us all something that we can for sure say is better than the original base game and it's a product of out whole community. Sorry for rambling lol please let me know what you think though.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    I think having just Johto is better than keeping Johto as postgame. The only Johto Demake I can think of is Liquid Crystal or Crystal Dust. They are all old and based on Gen 3 Mechanics. A Johto game with Gen 7 Mechanics and a revamped story , something like Dark Violet for Johto, would be a dream come true.

I'm not forcing you to change your idea or anything, I'm just giving my opinion. The rest is up to you.

Back