• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen: Roaming Roar Glitch

Brodensson

Broden
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2017
    Hi, I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I am currently working on a ROM hack and am attempting to fix the roaming roar glitch found in Pokemon FireRed. All I currently know on this subject is that when Entei and Raikou use roar, the game will treat it as if you have defeated the pokemon instead, effectively rendering the pokemon uncatchable. From what I understand, this glitch actually applies of ALL wild pokemon that can learn roar or whirlwind, however it only significantly effects Raikou and Entei as they can only be encountered once (in multiple locations) throughout the game. If ANY fix in any form can be found, I hope that someone can help me to fix this. Thank you.

UPDATE: I have found the offset for the effect bytes of the move Roar/Whirlwind at 0x1D6CB1 with the next move effect starting at 0x1D6CD9

[NOTE]: Just to clear up this is NOT related to the roaming IV glitch, which I have already fixed using a hex edit I read on this other thread: I'm Fixin' It: The Roaming Legendaries IV Glitch by HackMew (sorry, I can't post links as I haven't made more than 15 posts).

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    Hi, Brodensson! Unfortunately, I'm not type of hacker to know that kind of glitches. Because there's only a specific thing I can do when it comes to hacking. But our mods can surely answer your problem by shooting them a pm or rather ask here.

Don't bother asking if your question belongs here, from what I think it doesn't. But sorry the leave your problem unanswered :c Well, as the link I gave you, Beginner's Lounge is where you can ask for help, and I find your problem perfect to fit there!

Last edited:

Brodensson

Broden
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2017
    Ok, thanks for telling me! :) I think I may be better off posting in research & development though, as they seems be the ones discovering fixes and new features to incorporate in ROMS. Thanks for your help anyway :)

Last edited:
    Back