• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Flare - Final Version Released! (1.02 as of 1/23/19)

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2020
    Hey,

I'm having trouble finding the Card Key in Silph Co. I've looked on the 5th floor but i can not find it. Help pls:)

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2020
    Hey, I saw the pokemon locations file, but for some reason I still can't find Charmander, and I've spent... well let's just say a lot of time. does "Pokemon Mansion (Land)" just mean the ground story? or what?

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2020
    Not sure if this was a feature or a bug - but my Pokemons keep ignoring my order and loafing around. I am currently at the first gym. Any advice please?

Hey I'm having the same issue. I'd like to know if this will go away or or if I need to start over now. I beat the gym and am on the islands, and they still won't always obey. Anyone know what's going on? Or is this normal for this hack?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2021
    Why you keep saying that Seadra evolve by leveling when it really doesn't? My Seadra is level 60 and she hasn't evolve at all (or has given any signs it will). Either Seadra needs King's Rock held, or it evolves after you beat the Pokemon league like the original game or it doesn't evolve at all due to a bug or whatever. Beside this, it's a nice romhack.

Also, to those asking for Magmar, Electrabuzz and Magneton. They don't evolve here because the Pokemon's here are from Gen 3 and below. Those 3 are Gen 4 evolution. However, if I am wrong, then they suffer the same issue like Seadra.

Years
  • Hey, how do i find the vs seeker in the hack? I just need to grind my whole team. Thanks in advance!

vs seeker is still in vermilion as always

Man, putting Fly in Indigo Plateau was a somewhat obnoxious move. Especially since you have not-Brenden blocking the entrance of Victory Road, so you have to walk all the way back to Vermilion, and back.

teehee, I like to watch the world burn

What emulator do i use for this one?
    I tried using the mGBA visual boy but it didnt work and said that there was an error with an invalid adress.
    How do i fix this?

VBA, mGBA, MyBoy! (for Android users) should all work, not sure why you're getting an error. Maybe you patched it wrong?

Not sure if this was a feature or a bug - but my Pokemons keep ignoring my order and loafing around. I am currently at the first gym. Any advice please?
    Hey I'm having the same issue. I'd like to know if this will go away or or if I need to start over now. I beat the gym and am on the islands, and they still won't always obey. Anyone know what's going on? Or is this normal for this hack?

It could be an issue with the rom you're patching with. Make sure it's fire red v1.0 (squirrels).

So i was playing the game and got all the way to the champion, and i lost to him, and then i beat the elite four again but i got softlocked because the clipboard that you interact with to get to the champion disappeared and doesnt exist

not sure why that's happening :/

I'm currently going through Silph Co. but I can't find the Key Card. Any chance you could tell me where it is? Thanks!
    Hey,

I'm having trouble finding the Card Key in Silph Co. I've looked on the 5th floor but i can not find it. Help pls:)

if you search the building high and low, you'll be able to find it around
    Spoiler:

hi where i can get cut?, i am getting waterfall from s.s anne

four island in icefall cave

I am currently building a team, and I was wondering if Magnemite has all 3 Abilities and not just Magnet Pull and Analytic because I've already spent an hour looking for one with the ability Sturdy.

nope

What level does Poliwhirl evolve into Politoed in this game?

poliwhirl evolves into politoed with a sun stone

How do you get the bicycle, I know you need the voucher but I don't know where to get it.

voucher is in vermilion fan club, just like vanilla fr

Can you add? Mega evolutions

nope, this hack has been out of development for over a year

Hey, I saw the pokemon locations file, but for some reason I still can't find Charmander, and I've spent... well let's just say a lot of time. does "Pokemon Mansion (Land)" just mean the ground story? or what?

charmander is in the basement at 1%

Great rom hack, but i cannot find the fly hm. Where could I find it?

fly can be obtained by indigo plateau

Why you keep saying that Seadra evolve by leveling when it really doesn't? My Seadra is level 60 and she hasn't evolve at all (or has given any signs it will). Either Seadra needs King's Rock held, or it evolves after you beat the Pokemon league like the original game or it doesn't evolve at all due to a bug or whatever. Beside this, it's a nice romhack.

Also, to those asking for Magmar, Electrabuzz and Magneton. They don't evolve here because the Pokemon's here are from Gen 3 and below. Those 3 are Gen 4 evolution. However, if I am wrong, then they suffer the same issue like Seadra.

seadra evolves at level 60 once you have the national pokedex

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2020
    On which floor in Cinnabar Mansion is Charmander?

Spoiler:

Charmander can be found in the BASEMENT of the Cinnabar mansion. It's a 1% catch rate, but honestly felt like less to me! I had emulator on full speed and took me FOREVER to find it. So get to that bottom basement floor and don't give up!

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    Am stuck here after beating Giovanni in his gym. That white-hair guy doesnt respond with a clue!
    How i should continue?

Attachments

• Pokemon Flare - Final Version Released! (1.02 as of 1/23/19)
      Screenshot_20200821-030915_My Boy!.jpg
      117.7 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    • Seen today
    So, I defeated the League, and although I should go to catch the remaining Legendaries (and I don't know if after them there should be any other thing to do), I can give my opinion already
    Good Job!
    This Hack has been nice to play, also the level scale is balanced
    But there was a Thing that I didn't enjoyed, and could ruin the experience: the Hidden Machines
    So, I accept Cut, but why Rock Smash is still so weak, and mandatory at the end of the main story? And also in Victory Road
    Spoiler:

For the rest, nice job

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2021
    I'm really enjoying the game so far!
    My slowpoke is already level 39 but it still won't evolve into slowbro.
    Help please :)

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • So, as my name suggests, I did a bit of cheating when I played, but then again, I'm not playing multiplayer Pokemon, so who cares?
    Anyways, my mind completely blanked on where to get the Fly HM, so I just used Walk Through Walls to backtrack and turned it off when I arrived where I wanted to be. Unless it was given upon completing that guy's request to go to Birth Island. In which case I didnt bother with that.

My overall thoughts on the hack- It was decent. I liked the Physical/Special split, I didnt feel like I had to grind too much cause all my Pokemon were late 80s-early 90s leveled by the time I got to the Elite 4. I ended with a team of a Muk (I used YAPE to swap his Physical ATK and Special ATK), Clefable (first place MVP), Kangaskhan (second place MVP), Kingdra (third place) and Skarmory (didnt have to use except as a sacrifice to revive).

Years
  • Am stuck here after beating Giovanni in his gym. That white-hair guy doesnt respond with a clue!
    How i should continue?

Spoiler:

So, I defeated the League, and although I should go to catch the remaining Legendaries (and I don't know if after them there should be any other thing to do), I can give my opinion already
    Good Job!
    This Hack has been nice to play, also the level scale is balanced
    But there was a Thing that I didn't enjoyed, and could ruin the experience: the Hidden Machines
    So, I accept Cut, but why Rock Smash is still so weak, and mandatory at the end of the main story? And also in Victory Road
    Spoiler:

For the rest, nice job

Thanks! I thought putting all the hm's in/around victory road would be a good way to trigger people, so I did :)

I'm really enjoying the game so far!
    My slowpoke is already level 39 but it still won't evolve into slowbro.
    Help please :)

Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro if Defense > Attack at Level 40, and into Slowking if Attack > Defense at Level 40

So, as my name suggests, I did a bit of cheating when I played, but then again, I'm not playing multiplayer Pokemon, so who cares?
    Anyways, my mind completely blanked on where to get the Fly HM, so I just used Walk Through Walls to backtrack and turned it off when I arrived where I wanted to be. Unless it was given upon completing that guy's request to go to Birth Island. In which case I didnt bother with that.

My overall thoughts on the hack- It was decent. I liked the Physical/Special split, I didnt feel like I had to grind too much cause all my Pokemon were late 80s-early 90s leveled by the time I got to the Elite 4. I ended with a team of a Muk (I used YAPE to swap his Physical ATK and Special ATK), Clefable (first place MVP), Kangaskhan (second place MVP), Kingdra (third place) and Skarmory (didnt have to use except as a sacrifice to revive).

Glad you enjoyed! HM02 can be found
    Spoiler:
    and completing Jake's request catches you a better prize. I feel like the cheating/changing the stats takes away from the experience but you do you, man.

You say that the trade evos evolve by level up but my scyther is level 56 and still hasnt evolved, Why?

Kanto trade evolutions evolve at Level 45, Johto trade evolutions evolve at Level 60

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Glad you enjoyed! HM02 can be found
    Spoiler:
    and completing Jake's request catches you a better prize. I feel like the cheating/changing the stats takes away from the experience but you do you, man.

Well, think of it like this- Grimer and Muk have access to alot of different moves that are all Special when you add the Split, but their stats are more geared towards a Physical ATK build. I figured that Slowpoke would be a better mixed attacker and Rhyhorn was the raw physical ATK, so it made sense to make Grimer/Muk a Special attacker in the end. Still, the only major cheating I did was a Gameshark code for Infinite PowerPoints and a code to buy items for 1 dollar when I wanted to stockpile. Otherwise, I played as legit as I could.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2020
    So every time i enter navel rock My game Like crashes or something....Is there a requirement i need to explore the place or is it something else?
    Also Thanks mlem For answering my other question! And I Love the game And the way it is!

Last edited:
    Back