• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Pokemon Game Editor: How do you fix Unhandled Exception errors?

DarumaLuge

Pokemaniac
    Years
    Last edited by a moderator:

DarumaLuge

Pokemaniac
    Years
    Please help, I know that some of you know how to. It's just an unhandled exception error, but I don't know how to fix this problem in PGE...

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    You will likely have to edit the .ini file. Here are some things you will probably have to edit, depending on what tutorial you use:

AttackNames
    NumberOfAttacks
    AttackData
    AttackDescriptionTable
    AttackAnimationTable (maybe, maybe not)

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    Once you edit the ini file, you need to make sure your game file is in the same folder location as your ini or you'll keep getting the error.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Once you edit the ini file, you need to make sure your game file is in the same folder location as your ini or you'll keep getting the error.

That isn't true at all. I'm able to edit my game despite the file being in a completely different folder.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    That isn't true at all. I'm able to edit my game despite the file being in a completely different folder.
    It depends how much you've repointed. If you've added in many new Pokemon, moves, etc, it likely won't work unless it's in the same folder.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2024
    Hello. I also have error. My problem is what when I wanted modify level-up attacks (learnable attacks) I copied code to paste in other pokemon and app send me error. Invalid argument=value 255 isn't value to 'selectIndex'

Back