• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Game with rm2k3, anyone

NeoBlade

Child of Origon
Years
  • It would be really great if someone's finally completing a pokemon game on rm2k3, so it would like to give it a try.
    But I do needs some help, so instead of trying to make a game that I cannot make alone, I hope that someone wants to make a team.
    I don't need people who say:"sure I will help, but where can I download rm2k3 from.", i really want to make a team that have good experiencewith the program, and knows how switches and variables can be used.
    I hope to soon have a (good) team, and hoping that the game will be a good one.
    When the team is made, more of the story,etc. will be shown.
    PM me if you want in the team (but I do want to see what you can add to the team)
    eather way, i'm looking for artist and experiënced rm2k3 user (don't need mappers.)

Current Team:
    NeoBlade: Project leader
    jtveclipse12: Mapping, "Systems"

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    it is possible to make a game alone take a look at my game pokemon twisted i have finished the battle system and lots of other features and now only have mapping and events left to do on it and i did it myself so it is possible but is easier with a team.
    i would help but as i said im makein my own game
    also maby you should releace some info about the game that will make people want to help you make it

NeoBlade

Child of Origon
    Years
  • The story isn't my main priority, but I can tell you that the pokemon in it are the first generation pokemon+50-100 new pokemon (mainly pre-evo's and evo's)
    maybe you(spike6958) want to join the team, or maybe want to help the team?

Years
  • Yeah I have to agree with you to... I'd really like to see a Pokemon Fangame completed too... not just from rm2k3, but from rmxp, gamemaker, sphere, etc....

I'd like to help ya... but I don't know if I'm qualified.. Because I've only been using rm2k3 for about a little while, but I do know how switchs an variables works. And all the Event Commands.

I can do a wide variety of things in rm2k3... I've done somethings like make a cms, cbs, pokemon spirites, and mapping (Which you said you dont need).

I made the "Simple Pokemon Battle System" over in the Tutorial section. If you wanna check that out..
    Check the attachments for Pics....

If you like what ya see just send me a pm...

NeoBlade

Child of Origon
    Years
  • your work looks good, consider your self as a member of the team (if you still want to). I hope we (and maybe others) can make a hell of a good pokemon game. I'm glad you've already made a cbs and cms before, because it proves that you have some experience with program.

I will add you in the first post at team. (if you have msn, can you pm for the address.)

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • Well, Jtveclipse12...I have to see that tutorial ^_^ Can you change the Battle System at the middle of the game ??

BTW...They're some nice pics!! ^_^

NeoBlade, I have a PKMN tileset...If you want it...Please PM me ^_^

NeoBlade

Child of Origon
    Years
  • Thnx for the offer tracey, but i think the tilesets from the resource tread are good enough, and maybe customs will be made. (btw, are they ruby or diamond tilesets/style?)

Years
  • Neoblade... yeah I'm still up for it. Right now I'm working on a New CBS. It goes by the stats of pokemon... unlike the tutorial I did. And it also uses the pokemon battle menu... altered to fit the rm2k3 screen size. Also working on a new CMS to fit the screen size of rm2k3. The navigation is mostly done...
    Check the attachments for the CBS... ps its a work in progress!

_Tracey_... I'm not sure what your talking about.... change the battle system in the middle?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    @jtveclipse12: the CBS in that screen size is a little bit... empty. You'll need to do some work on that, I guess.

Good luck with finding a team. Be aware, though, that people often quit in the middle of the project, so just start it if you really trust people in your team.
    It's better to have a few people on the team than having.. like.. ten.

~Azura.

Years
  • @jtveclipse12: the CBS in that screen size is a little bit... empty. You'll need to do some work on that, I guess.

Good luck with finding a team. Be aware, though, that people often quit in the middle of the project, so just start it if you really trust people in your team.
    It's better to have a few people on the team than having.. like.. ten.

~Azura.

Yeah I know it looks empty... thats why I said it was a work in progress.
    I might extend the bottom text box up... also with no Health bar a such it looks pretty bare..

NeoBlade

Child of Origon
    Years
  • I think it eventually will be a good cbs. I hope that all members that are going to be in this team, will stay till it's done. Something that's going to be in the game are the diamond/pearl graphics.

Years
  • I hope the CBS will turn out good... I've filled the screen out more by moving the pokemon here and there and adding those patchs of grass. Most been working on the CMS... I've got pretty much all the navigation done on the CMS and CBS... ie going from menu to menu... Now I just have to figure out how to add items, pokemon, pokedex system, etc...

Anyways NeoBlade who is all on the team, is it just me and you right now?
    And I'm gonna agree with AzuraBR... I like to a good size team for a couple of reason.... Get this done faster... and if you get stuck you can get help cause some ones bound to know the solution.

NeoBlade

Child of Origon
    Years
  • Yes, I also want more people, but besides you, no-one responded yet. I think i'm going to (try) do a pokedex-system. I send it to you on msn or by mail. But how much have you done on the cms?

Back