• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Garnet; I need help...

zanaku

Trainer of legendries and Fire
    Years
    Hi there. I am using the Blizzy Starter Kit to create my new game, Garnet, but am encountering various problems. Mostly to do with walking through things, which I already started a thread about, but also things to do with the RMXP program itself such as making your character go behind certain tiles. This is very annoying and I dont have any clue how to fix anything as I have no scripting knoledge... only the ability to make limited games under the basic scripts that came with the program; not suitable for pokemon games. So therfore I have compiled what I have made so far, and uploaded it. You will find the link in my signature.

If you would like to participate in the development of the game, once this is fixed, PM me.

Also I will be using this for a sortof progress thread if this is the right place too.

So... Screenshots dont work until I have 15 posts... Ill just tag them to the bottom then.

Thats all just now. If mods want me to move anything, I will do so.

Zanaku~

Last edited:

som1unkn0wn

Hidden In The Shadows
    Years
    I can help you. 2 things
    1.)Don't use blizzy's starter kit, it is too full of holes. I am working on one now and it will be full. I am almost done with the CBS and then I'll be done and you can use that.
    2.) It seems like your new to RMXP If you want I can teach you and we can work together to actually finish an RMXP Pokemon fangame cause noone else has yet

NOTE I can only come on once in a while so if it takes me a while to help you please be patient and check here every once in a while

EDIT: let me know if you still want the help here or PM

Last edited:

zanaku

Trainer of legendries and Fire
    Years
    certainly I will accept your help. and thanks; I need a good working basis.

I have experience with rpg maker xp, but not with scrpiting.

edit:

here is a picture of the Dark/Fighting type legendry pokemon that will appear in the game.

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with som1unkn0wn... Don't use the starter kit... There always full of bugs and such and since you didnt make it... it makes it harder to find them.

And I'll help out if you need any help... The only thing I don't know is scripting... which i'm trying to learn on my own (slow progress).

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    Hum, I have a couple of things to say:

1) As it has been said, don't use blizzy's starter kit, if you don't know how to script I recommend you to learn to or just use events because as you can see there are excelent pokemon games in rm2k and rm2k3 with events only so rmxp can do them too.

2) I would also recommend you change the name of your game for a simple reason: there is already a Pokemon Garnet game here at pokecommunity and although the thread is locked the creator of that game is still active and making it. I'm just warning you as there have been problems before because of people copying other people's game names' and although I know you didn't do it on purpose I still recommend you change the name :)

Apart from that, hope you can make it

Back