• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Garnet/Turquoise Advanced!

What do you think?

• Perfect

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Great

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Good

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
If I'll be honest, your title screens are really ugly. The fonts you chose are unappealing to the eye and so are the shades they were wrote in. It's hard to look at without blinking.

Your second screen is nice, but it looks like the map is more under construction than the bank. You need to add more to it, or else it looks barren and deserted.

The 'Choose Your Gender' screens are fine, excluding the font you choose. It's not very solid, so it's difficult to read, and the color red conflicts with the yellow greatly.

Sorry if I was very critical... It's just the mood I'm in today. :) ;) And it's better to list things to improve than to heedlessly praise you. My criticism is a sign that I enjoy your work and your game and wish to help you sharpen it.

Au revoir.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
blueguy said:
If I'll be honest, your title screens are really ugly. The fonts you chose are unappealing to the eye and so are the shades they were wrote in. It's hard to look at without blinking.

Your second screen is nice, but it looks like the map is more under construction than the bank. You need to add more to it, or else it looks barren and deserted.

The 'Choose Your Gender' screens are fine, excluding the font you choose. It's not very solid, so it's difficult to read, and the color red conflicts with the yellow greatly.

Sorry if I was very critical... It's just the mood I'm in today. :) ;) And it's better to list things to improve than to heedlessly praise you. My criticism is a sign that I enjoy your work and your game and wish to help you sharpen it.

Au revoir.

Hey! that wasn't very nice!

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Excuse me? What part of it wasn't 'very nice'. All of it was valid, valuable and constructive criticism. You should approach a rebuttal in a more cohesive way. If you were offended, specify what offended you, though none of it should.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
blueguy said:
Excuse me? What part of it wasn't 'very nice'. All of it was valid, valuable and constructive criticism. You should approach a rebuttal in a more cohesive way. If you were offended, specify what offended you, though none of it should.

Basicly it all did. I worked a long time on that Title Sceen and what's wrong with the fonts? Also, I specificly said that Topaz Village was in early development.

Neo Genesis

The Wanderer
Years
I think I should start critisisim lol! Well Topaz village has a really long way to go! And also Turtle fountain is really ugly as well.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Before you criticize... look at a full screen... the inside of Turtle fountian will amaze you.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
Years
blueguy said:

Au revoir.
The tittle screne isn't ugly, blueguy. It may look a little weird because Chris had to font the size way up to match the regular shape. The shadows there were small to start with, and he increasted their size greatly. As well as the background. Still. Thanks for your oppinoin. ^_^

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
Years
The tittle screne isn't ugly, blueguy.
You can't tell people what they find ugly or not and I agree with Blueguy the Title IS ugly.
Some of the screens look ok but nothing that impressive.
Sorry for the criticism but it doesn't look like you put much effort into this so you can't expect major praise.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Booda Sack said:
You can't tell people what they find ugly or not and I agree with Blueguy the Title IS ugly.
Some of the screens look ok but nothing that impressive.
Sorry for the criticism but it doesn't look like you put much effort into this so you can't expect major praise.

You know, maybe I should quit! If everybody thinks I don't put any effort into this.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
OMG... listen, Mooshykris... this is getting out of hand. You did put effort into this. And by 'everybody' I believe you're being far too ambiguous. In fact it was only Booda who said that, and he said and I quote "put much" not "put no" effort. You really can't be so sensitive. Everything said was valid and acceptable and there is no reason you shouldn't acknowledge it.

To nicoleb: As Booda has stated before me, my opinion is my own and no one else's, so if I find it unattractive that is what it will appear through my eyes. You can't devalue my opinion just because you think yours is worth more. It's a little thing I like to call 'freedom of speech', meaning I am allowed to express my point of view, whether you like it or not.

Now seriously, people, this is getting to the point of spam. From now on shall we talk about Mooshykris's game rather than how bad Mooshykris's feelings have been hurt. This thread's purpose is to discuss the game itself, not necessarily its creator.

There.

I'm done.

:P

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
Years
To nicoleb: As Booda has stated before me, my opinion is my own and no one else's, so if I find it unattractive that is what it will appear through my eyes. You can't devalue my opinion just because you think yours is worth more. It's a little thing I like to call 'freedom of speech', meaning I am allowed to express my point of view, whether you like it or not.
I think you're the one over-exaggerating there, Blueguy. I never said that your oppion didn't matter. And I certainly never said that mine counted more. I was standing up for my friend.

And in case you didn't know, Booda Sack, programing isn't just putting sprites all over the place, in the right place, screwing with them to make them look good, etc.. The program Chris is using will not allow certain things. If they have too many pixles, or too big, or too many things, too many prgrams, and so on. And maybe you should look at the top poll. 2 perfect, 3 great, and 2 good. See any in bad or terrible? So why don't you have a go at it before you start saying that he put no effort in it, hm?

And, Chris. Blueguy was right about saying that not everyone was bashing you. Just Booda Sack and Neo Genesis. They are intittled to their own oppions, however stupidly Booba Sack put it by saying "you put no effort into that!" without even giving a proper reason.

I doubt that this one would fit. It has way too much stuff on it. But I want to post it, anyway:

Pokemon_Tittle_Screen-1.png

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Nice title screen you got there! The silhouettes in the background make it so... curious! Keep up the great work !

Ooh, in the intro, the girl sprite, I think the shading isn't too well, but, it's great ! :D

Neo Genesis

The Wanderer
Years
If me and Booda were bashing him he would have recieved tons of pms and emails giving him our "opinions". And use inproper language too.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Peekimon said:
Nice title screen you got there! The silhouettes in the background make it so... curious! Keep up the great work !

Ooh, in the intro, the girl sprite, I think the shading isn't too well, but, it's great ! :D

Mine or Nicoleb's? Probly nuicoleb's.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Neo Genesis said:
wow........I love them! by any chance may I use them In my game? Ill give you credit.

Which ones?

For anyone who would like to know, editing music is my talent.

Back