• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Genetic Version [RECENTLY BEGUN, TEAM MEMBERS WELCOME]

Years
  • PROJECT ON HIATUS INDEFINITELY AS OF 6-11-2016
    Unfortunately, due to being super busy with other commitments, I'm putting this project on hiatus. I will definitely recommence it as soon as I have some time off.

STORY

Ever wondered what it would have been like to push the limits of science and ethics, all in the name of the harrowing scientific enterprise that was the creation of Mewtwo? Ever wish you could have been the one to have first sighted Mew on that fateful expedition? Ever wanted to try a completely different kind of Pokemon story?

Pokemon Genetic Version is a game centring around Mewtwo's creation, and subsequent events leading up to Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. You play as a scientist on Dr. Fuji's elite team, a young but well-respected Pokemon researcher. Your task is simple: negotiate with the local people (and Pokemon) of the jungle, capture Mew, and participate in the cloning of Mew to produce Mewtwo.

Fuji's client has other ideas, and your team is pushed to make more and more extreme modifications to Mewtwo. Everything goes horribly wrong, and Mewtwo's vicious nature forms the catalyst for disaster after disaster.

This game is being created using RPG Maker XP, and the Pokemon Essentials kit v16.2

FEATURES
    Spoiler:

CURRENT PROGRESS

Spoiler:

GRAPHICS AND SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler:

MUSIC

Spoiler:

WANT TO HELP?

Your help would be so welcome on this project. I'd be grateful for the assistance of anyone with literally anything to contribute. While I'm quite artistically inclined, sprite/tile-making is quite new to me, and I would love some contribution to the graphics, to make this game as aesthetically memorable as possible. Drop me a PM and include a link to your previous work!

Credits
    RPG Maker XP: Enterbrain
    Pokemon Essentials: Flameguru, Poccil, Maruno
    Pokemon: GameFreak, Nintendo
    Everything else credit to me

Banner coming soon!

Last edited:

Makattack202

guy with the torterra pfp
    Years
  • Ooh. This is a neat concept. And your spritework is nice.
    Frankly I'd love to help you but I'm working on a game of my own and even then I don't have too much free time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Awesome music and sprites! With a good development of the story, this can be a great project

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2023
    I really like the idea of this game!
    And the new (younger) Oak Sprite is my favourite :D
    Keep up good work! xD
    ~~~

Back