• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon goes to school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
  • >_> Way to shoot a guy a down.

Encouragement is what he needs, lets offer him help instead.

Comments like that do nothing to help out, considering he has clearly explained that he has trouble in certain areas of writing.

Did you not read the post Phanima made? He obviously chose to ignore it. I honestly don't care if he's 11, 16. 25, 93, etc. This is a forum, on the internet, and he indirectly opened himself up to criticism when he posted that story (because we all tell the truth about our ages online, right?). I'm not purposely trying to be rude; I simply get incredibly annoyed when writers blatantly disregard the reviews that were supposed to help them, expressing either blindness of the lack of enthusiasm to read that post. If he has trouble in certain areas of writing, why don't I see the effort to get better?

@Phanima

Are you reading this? I'm not going to sugar-coat things I say. I never do. I do apologize if I came off as offensive, but next time, please indicate an effort to improve or else I'll assume the worst. Age is no excuse. Act in a way you know will get you farther -- actually read the reviews.

Also, if you have difficulty writing, don't rush. Never rush. Take your time. A month, two months, three, I don't care. Trying to rush things will not earn you the recognition you desired in the fanfiction forum. If you find it that hard, perhaps try looking at other stories and see how they do it. We all started at some point. Good luck in the future.

Years
  • Did you not read the post Phanima made? He obviously chose to ignore it. I honestly don't care if he's 11, 16. 25, 93, etc. This is a forum, on the internet, and he indirectly opened himself up to criticism when he posted that story (because we all tell the truth about our ages online, right?). I'm not purposely trying to be rude; I simply get incredibly annoyed when writers blatantly disregard the reviews that were supposed to help them, expressing either blindness of the lack of enthusiasm to read that post. If he has trouble in certain areas of writing, why don't I see the effort to get better?

How can he get better when you simply tell him to stop writing? Surely age must be a factor. Maybe because your writing and grammar skills are above many people your own age, does not mean that everybody has to try to match your standards. Turning something around doesn't happen overnight so a bit of patience wouldn't go amiss. Yes he has clearly ignored the reviews which he shouldn't, but maybe he didn't understand. At least he is trying, 1 thing more than a lot of people here do. You can clearly see people offering him help and he is now starting to take it which is good :). I do appreciate where your coming from, but why tell him to stop writing? I'm sorry but I don't think thats necessary.

Sorry for the essay, just stating my view :).

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Because my age isn't a lie, right?

Because my post was meant for him to 'get better,' right?

Because if he ignored the first review, he obviously ignored my own, right?

Because, God forbid, when Lily says 'stop writing,' you should listen to her and completely halt in what might have been a successful writing career, right?

Because sarcasm rules, right?

Years
  • Because my age isn't a lie, right?

Because my post was meant for him to 'get better,' right?

Because if he ignored the first review, he obviously ignored my own, right?

Because, God forbid, when Lily says 'stop writing,' you should listen to her and completely halt in what might have been a successful writing career, right?

Because sarcasm rules, right?

Good grief calm down! =S, wow... We going way off topic anyway so lets just stop. Just trying to get people to help thats all instead of running him down.....

Last edited:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Good grief calm down! =S, wow... We going way off topic anyway so lets just stop. Just trying to get people to help thats all instead of running him down.....

I love ya, too. <3 =D
    Friggin' character limit.
    Carry on.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    I dont really know what to say. I'd say its got a decent story but could be improved on. I'm 11 too and pratice really does help, reading other books is a great thing to do. Dont be disappointed, when I started out I was far more run down than you. With long practice, reading other books you'll become a brillaint writer.

Believe in yourself dont give up on writing- Googlebug.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
  • Seriously, I'm 12(almost 13) and I write way better than it though. I'm not trying to flame anyone, but I'm just saying. All you have to do is practice, and you'll do good. Really good. So age doesn't matter.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    I totally agree with Woody Mcwoot. Age dpsnt matter. Practice, time, proof reading. It all pays off. Now go do us proud and write a great story!- Googlebug.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Yeh I made a typo, no need to lay into me. (my ts are very close to my ds) Anyways ON the subject you follow everyones advice and I'll keep reading to see how you'll improve. Dont expect to get better in a day, but take your time and you'll see just as much as we will.-Googlebug.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm so sorry guys, It's just that, Im' only 11 years old, and Im' not really good with my grammer and Putiation. And I can't write THAT long, because I get tired. Somtimes I rush trough a chapter so I can have time to do want I want to do. And I can't ask my Mom to help me, beacuse she's to busy. She says she will try to help me this saturday or sunday. Anyway Again, Im' SO sorry. Please forgive me! PLEASE!

Hey! I'm elven too, but as long as you LISTEN to what you Grammar/Spelling/English teacher says writing will actually come to you MUCH more easily. In grade five I was the worst writer in my class! But now that I listened to her, I became better, and eventualy I was her most prized student. And after I listened that grade went from like C all the way to A. And if you don't have enough time or patience to write a whole chapter at once, just come back and edit it.

By the way, the writing process helps A LOT!
    Prewriting, Drafting, Revising, Editing, Publishing.
    Just PM me for any help or possibly ideas!

Pikachu Jr

It's showtime!
    Years
  • Alright, I am fianaly countinuing my Fan Fic, but before I start I need to say one thing, one single thing! If this Fan Fic still needs some improvment, please don't say, "Your still ignoring reviews" or somthing like that. I am trying the best I can, oh BTW, I am not trying to command you of not saying "Your still ignoring reviews". It's up to you guys if you want to say it not me. Anyway, here we go!

Pikachu started to open unfold the envolope, and pulled out of sheet of paper. "What does it say?" Asked Turtwig in a censerned. Pikachu started to read the letter. " Dear Pikachu and friends, you may not know who I am but that doesn't matter. I want Piplup to meet me at recess, I need to tell him somthing important. From, ???."

Pikachu put down the letter away from his face. " Who would write a mysterious letter with three question marks at the end?" Asked Pikachu. " I have no idea," Replied Piplup, thinking about his name on the letter. " Anyway, we don't know if this is a good idea to meet this guy at recess." Said Turtwig, looking at Pikachu. " It could be a trap." Replied Pikachu.

Pikachu, Turtwig, and Piplup both stood there in the middle of the hallway, quietly thinking about the mysterious letter. While they were thinking the School bell interupted them. " Well, I guees it's time to go to Art Class." Said Piplup still worried about the letter. " We'll talk about the letter once it's time for recess." Suggested Piikachu, pulling out the books from his locker. "Ok then." Both said Piplup and Turtwig. Pikachu started walking towards Art Class.

Piplup and Turtwig began to walking up to they're locker and dialing they're locker number. Once they were done, they opened the doors and pulled out some books. Piplup and turtwig started to follow Pikachu to Art Class.

Gengar appered from the shadows, and made a large, evil grin on his face. " Just you wait Piplup I'll have my revenge soon enough." Gengar started to laugh like a manic. to be countinued...

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2007
    I ask again just like when you come to my house for baby sitting(underline the word baby in baby sitting) why are you making this stupid story.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    Ok - when I was eleven (two years ago) I wrote a fifty six A4 pged book for a competition in under three weeks. Perfect grammar, no help.

Age doesn't make a difference, ok?

If you want - PM me the next chapter and I'll tell you where you are going wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back