• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon gone bad :(

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
    I haven't seen a thread on this yet so.

I have played diamond for a while and i finnaly bought pearl. So I decided to breed me a really good team to play on pearl. So once I could trade I sent over 4 level 1 pokes. All was well In pokeland haha. But once they got to like level 10-15 they won't do what I tell them too. there under the level cap for having 1 badge. And they still don't work, I'm just wondering if its gonna be like this through all 8 badges, or does it stop after a little while, thanks!

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
    That doesn't help me at all.

If your talking about the last badge then that doesn't help me at ALL. :(

Years
    Before you get the second badge, only traded pokemon up to level 10 will obey you. When you get the second badge, traded pokemon up to level 30 will obey you. If you're past the second badge, I don't know what's wrong.

If you're not past the second badge, here's the full list:
    0 badges - level 10
    2 badges - 30
    4 badges - 50
    6 badges - 70
    8 badges - all

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    once your trade pokemon from your other game and you trade them to ur new game you got they will won't listen to u until you get more gym badges. ;)

Years
    Before you get the second badge, only traded pokemon up to level 10 will obey you. When you get the second badge, traded pokemon up to level 30 will obey you. If you're past the second badge, I don't know what's wrong.

If you're not past the second badge, here's the full list:
    0 badges - level 10
    2 badges - 30
    4 badges - 50
    6 badges - 70
    8 badges - all

Does this answer the quesion? Also, it is always best to start with only two or three pokemon in your party and slowly build up to six. You don't want to be a noob like Ash and have six pokemon for the second badge. You can't keep up with all of them.

Exokriz

Delete.
    Years
    I have a question, why didn't you just send the eggs over when they were close to hatching? they would have obeyed you when they hatched then.

How do you trade eggs? I've never been able to do that, I've tried it.

Jonbo

The Sunflora Savior
    Years
    o_O You trade eggs just like you trade pokemon. I did it to get a Yanma on my Pearl right when I started. It works a lot better than just trading it over already hatched.

Exactly, they work much better, first of all they have your OT since they were hatched by you. They also dont get their EVs stunted as they would if you just traded. I suggest you just make eggs of the pokemon you had originally traded over and start from there.

Mr.Mystery

.:-:. Froggy
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Does this answer the quesion? Also, it is always best to start with only two or three pokemon in your party and slowly build up to six. You don't want to be a noob like Ash and have six pokemon for the second badge. You can't keep up with all of them.

I could keep up with all six of my pokemon for the second gym. Does that make me a big noob or an advanced trainer?

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
    when i start i have 3 pokemon only until i get to the 4th or 5th badge i get my 4 pokemon then my 6th i get my 5 pokemon then my last one is the legendary thats what i do in every pokemon game.:classic:

Years
    I could keep up with all six of my pokemon for the second gym. Does that make me a big noob or an advanced trainer?

If you can keep them all the level of the gym leader's pokemon that you have to fight, you're advanced. But I know a lot of noobs who take a Shinx, Budew, Starly, Chimchar, Geodude, and Bidoof as their party from the beginning, and they end up sucking really bad. >_>

On topic, I forgot the Lucky Egg. It works wonders. Just try finding Chansey on the route south of Solaceon.

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
    Ya thanks 2nd badge fixed it,

this is the first game I traded over pokes from a diffrent game.
    thanks for the help, and ya training 6 is pretty tough.

Sneasel
    Geodude
    Bagon
    Piplup
    Budew, which is never happy with me, with a soothe bell haha
    Magbi

thats the 6, but thanks agian.

Back