• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Graphite Grey

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Pokemon Graphite Grey

Graphite Grey is my latest project which I wanted to put together to get me back into my Game Developer mode.
    This is set to be a small project for me to just practice using RPG maker and Pokemon Essentials. It's not set to be the best game in the world but I wanted to make it playable because why not?
    My main aim for this game was to focus on Pokemon who are generally not seen as very good and see if a world of these Pokemon could give a nice balanced game or not.
    I've also decided to remove the standard marts in each town and make items like Potions and regular Pokeballs a little rarer so the player can utilize specialized Pokeballs like the Apricorn Balls.
    Most of the tiles and characters are either Essentials defaults or from my other games.

Story
    Travel the Sire Region and collect the 8 Gym badges to earn entry into the Pokemon League competition.
    Those who are successful will be known as the Pokemon League Champion and gain access to face off against the Elite Four.
    On your journey meet Team Snare who will be set on their own money making schemes. Stop them if you can but their greed maybe too much!

Download Game
    Pokemon Graphite Grey Demo (Alpha)
    Pleases note this is the very first version of the game so save regularly and please do leave feedback so I know what needs sorting.

Features
    Pokedex mainly consisting of low BST pokemon (Mostly below 480 + a few extras i.e. Starters)
    Double battles as the main form of battles rather than the normal single battle style in most games
    8 Gym + Pokemon League (Currently 2 Gym Demo)
    New Level-Up move pools
    More focus on lesser used items such as berries and Apricorn Pokeballs rather than the standard marts found in each city which are now a lot rarer to find.

Plans for the Future
    MBD
    Mega Evolution

Screenshots
    Pokemon Graphite Grey

Q&A
    Spoiler:

Bug Fixes & WIP
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Mini Update to Demo V1.2
    - Some Minor Text fixes
    - Made Rock Smash more accessible to available Pokemon
    - Mart in Billow Town no longer crashes the game
    - Gift Pokemon from the creator in Billow town now works as expected

Years
    • Seen today
    Going into your House again makes your mother infinitely request if you want to rest - locks the game up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Hey, I tested your game.
    I really like the color choices of the map and having this little houses at the edge of the map makes the cities look bigger. Really cool effect. I love it.
    Pokemon Graphite Grey

What I miss is a speed up button, the animations during the battles are kinda slow. And the level curve of some trainers are wierd. The trainers on route 3 with Level 3 pokemon are kinda weak, while your own pokemon are between level 12 and 8. All in all a nice little game. Thanks for the experience.

Edit: The one wanderer infront of lab doesnt talk to you. (small bug report)

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Hey, I tested your game.
    I really like the color choices of the map and having this little houses at the edge of the map makes the cities look bigger. Really cool effect. I love it.
    Pokemon Graphite Grey

What I miss is a speed up button, the animations during the battles are kinda slow. And the level curve of some trainers are wierd. The trainers on route 3 with Level 3 pokemon are kinda weak, while your own pokemon are between level 12 and 8. All in all a nice little game. Thanks for the experience.

Edit: The one wanderer infront of lab doesnt talk to you. (small bug report)

Thanks for the feedback!
    I'm glad the extended cities idea worked.
    The level curve was something I was also worried about but it kept levels balanced for the gyms so maybe a bit more testing to really get the best levels would be a good thing?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Yes, getting the levels right is pretty hard. I think the level of the trainers on route 3 (before the day care), can be level 5. The player is already through two routes and has some battles behind him. His starter will be at least level 8 and the other pokemon should be around level 5 themself. A level 3 trainer at the start of route 3 isn't a challenge. Level 5 seems better to me.

And yeah, getting everything right is pretty hard. Your game was still fun and the overworld looked beautiful.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    can you put in an encounter charts to your games cause people love to ask where something is and i love the designs of your games good job and please continue making your games great could you do more than 8 badges though sometimes oh and how many badges for this game

Last edited:
    Back