• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Great Tenkaichi

What battle screen do you prefer? [i](Please read the new battle screen description before voting.)[

• New battle screen ([url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9751247#post9751247]described

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Classic Pokemon battle screen

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LorisC

Nothing is real, everything is permitted!
Years
Here's another fusion I'll definitely include, but I still haven't decided with which forms!
Here's some examples:
eSMxQSE.png

The first one is the official normal form, and it's the only sure form I'll use!
The other ones are hypothetical forms he might have...

Another possible thing is:
GZlj7fi.png

Let me know what you'd like to see in-game!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
In front views, the whole character must appear, so, for example the Roshi's one isn't good.
In any case, don't worry too much about front views, as I said above, the back views are the main problem!

Anyway thanks for the help you're giving me!

P.S.
If you want to paste images here resizing them you have to use something like CIMG=max-height:200px; instead of IMG (and /CIMG instead of /IMG).
But that's not a big issue!
Something like this:

Jiang Roshi

Jiangshi Roshi

Yurin

Probally some of them wouldn't be useable. I need to rewatch the episode to remember if their where other ones. Been a while I rendered but I might be able to help with that.

And thx for the CIMG tip. I wasn't aware this function exist.

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
Something like this:

Jiang Roshi

Jiangshi Roshi

Yurin

Probally some of them wouldn't be useable. I need to rewatch the episode to remember if their where other ones. Been a while I rendered but I might be able to help with that.

And thx for the CIMG tip. I wasn't aware this function exist.

Probably I'll manage to do something with roshi, they seem good enough!
In the Yurin's ones there are too much missing parts.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
Probably I'll manage to do something with roshi, they seem good enough!
In the Yurin's ones there are too much missing parts.

Yurin's frames on full body wheren't that easy to find. This is what I have found in the episode:

Kid Yurin

Yurin

LorisC

Years
Yurin's frames on full body wheren't that easy to find. This is what I have found in the episode:

Kid Yurin

Yurin

Ehehe, I know! It isn't so simple to find images of some characters!
Anyway the back of kid Yurin is perfect!

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
Ehehe, I know! It isn't so simple to find images of some characters!
Anyway the back of kid Yurin is perfect!
For Yurin this is probally the best we can get for now. I have checked possible Yurin game mods but their are just no available.

Most of the head is visible so I guess drawing the missing part is probally the best thing we can do right now.

As far kid Yurin front, this is the only frame available in the episode.

LorisC

Years
For Yurin this is probally the best we can get for now. I have checked possible Yurin game mods but their are just no available.

Most of the head is visible so I guess drawing the missing part is probally the best thing we can do right now.

As far kid Yurin front, this is the only frame available in the episode.

I'll see what I can do!
Thanks!

LorisC

Years
This time I'd like to hear your opinion regarding a possible battle screen overhaul I may adopt, here's the details;
First of an image showing how (more or less!) the new Battle Screen will look:
bV5I3KH.png

For now what you have to consider are just the positions of the various things, I'll make everything look as it should after the final decision!

As you surely have noticed, the main difference are the positions of the fighters, they aren't on the corners anymore, and they both uses their front sprites.
The main reason for that changes are the followings:
  • It'll be a lot easier to insert new characters, as they won't need back sprites.
    • That change will also reduce the overall game size by a nice amount, because there will be almost an half of the sprites.
  • it'll be a lot easier to create moves animations, because I'll have to create them following an horizontal line instead of a diagonal one.
The only downside is that, maybe, I'll have to change some sprites to better fit to the new screen.

The other choice is to maintain the classic Pokemon battle screen everyone knows!

As you may have understood I prefer the new one, but I want to hear to someone else's opinions!

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
This looks awesome! Any chance that Super 17, Omega Shenron, Goku Black (regular and Rose form), Zamasu (and his merged form), and Jiren will be in the game?

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
This time I'd like to showcase one of my favorite villains!
WKIwxqY.png

And with him, the mechanic to turn someone into a Tuffle Hybrid.

The starting point is the same of the other Mind-Control mechanics... in this case Teen Baby and Adult Baby have an additional command:
hbwaDkr.png

The condition for a successful Tuffleization is that the target mustn't be at full health, otherwise it fails:
rqMb281.png
xupe2gR.png

If the process succeeds, the target becomes a Tuffle Hybrid and Baby itself is removed from the party because it's inside the target's body!
The newly created Hybrid will gain a new command:
phW3yqx.png

Once selected, Baby leaves the target body, but before doing that, he has an additional possibility:
CKOYjW2.png

If the answer is "yes", the hybrid won't revert back to its normal form, remaining a Tuffle Hybrid, otherwise it reverts back to its regular form.
In both cases Baby leaves its host and returns to your team.
Keep in mind that if you decide to leave an egg, it'll be an hard task to revert the infected fighter back to its normal form... it won't be impossible, but neither simple!

The last thing that can happen is, when Baby tries to Possess certain fighters, a Fusion will occur instead of a Tuffleization:
t82F9Gn.png
VVUT7P6.png

Only Adult Baby is able to perform that kind of fusion and, In those cases, it won't be possible to separate him from the other fusee anymore.

I hope you like my work... to the next time!

LorisC

Years
Added Buu, a fast explanation on how its evolutions work.
9YwEtm5.png

Basically the type of evolution is the same as Cell (explained here)).
The evolutions after super Buu can evolve into each other by Absorbing the proper fighter, so, for example, a Buu (Gohan) can become a Buu (Piccolo) by absorbing Piccolo.

Another particular one is the Fission of Buu into Evil Buu, that one isn't a real evolution, but the ability of Buu to split and create Evil Buu.
Buu will be greatly weakened in the process, and Evil Buu will be at a slightly lower level than Buu.

The last thing to mention is the Purification process.
Every stage of Buu, excluding Kid Buu, will have the possibility to perform the Purification Process, to revert back to the Kid Buu form.
I still haven't decided on which conditions that process will be available... I?ll let you know something once decided!

I know that some evolutions are still missing, I'll add them later!

EDIT
I added the slim Buu evolution, the form that Good Buu takes in DB Super while training for the Universal Tournament.
The evolution type will be a bit particular... it won't be a simple level evolution, but something involving training!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
I think it will be a big challenge to ballance out Buu entirely mostly because his primary form suppose to be his strongest form. Giving the option to revert back to Kid Buu will give some ballance issues because their would never be a reason to not do it (unless their is some good moves he would learn in one of his forms).

What I suggest is that the reversion of reverting back to Kid Buu comes with a level requirement. Let's say it requires to be level 60 to revert back to Kid Buu. Doing so your level drops back to level 30. This way you are able to get different moves from different forms but with as price you have to level him again.

The "Super Fit Buu" maybe you can add this as a mega evolution for Good Buu.

Edite: Also are you going to evolve Uub from Kid Buu or keep him as a seperate fighter.

Edite2: I also came up with an idea for a new fighter that is using a similar mind controle concept. Fortuneteller Baba, (or Baba for short). Has the ability to bring fighters back from the death. This concept can easy be implemented as an ability in the game. Similar to mind controle you change a fighter into their "Revival" form. The requirement would be that the fighter has fainted and the form will only last x steps. After that the fighter faints again and cannot recieve the revival form until the next pokémon center visit. Healing in the pokémon center will automaticly revert the Revival Fighter back to normal.

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
With the addition of Trunks, I also added some fusion with him as 1 of the fusees.
The most famous one is Gotenks, but not everyone knows that an adult version of him exists:
7DqOoL6.png

In the game you'll be able to "evolve" the teen version of Gotenks in the Adult form (that is called Xeno Gotenks!) in the same you you'll be able to evolve a Kid character into its adult form... using an Item in the same way as an Evolutionary Stone.

Now the less known fusions!

Future Gohanks, the metamoran fusion of Future Gohan and Future Trunks:
nEeMDdJ.png

Xeno Gohanks, another metamoran fusion, but between adult Gohan (not the future version) and future Trunks:
iHmVnK6.png

EX Gohanks, the EX-Fusion of Kid Trunks and Kid Gohan:
2Fq8O9L.png

Actually the 3 Gohanks are different persons!
The first 2 are both Metamoran Fusions, but 1 fusee changes, so they can't be the same person.
EX Gohanks would be a kid form of Xeno Gohanks, but the fusion method changes, so even those 2 aren't related!

For those reasons, you won't be able to transform a Gohanks into another one!

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
I think it will be a big challenge to ballance out Buu entirely mostly because his primary form suppose to be his strongest form. Giving the option to revert back to Kid Buu will give some ballance issues because their would never be a reason to not do it (unless their is some good moves he would learn in one of his forms).

What I suggest is that the reversion of reverting back to Kid Buu comes with a level requirement. Let's say it requires to be level 60 to revert back to Kid Buu. Doing so your level drops back to level 30. This way you are able to get different moves from different forms but with as price you have to level him again.

The "Super Fit Buu" maybe you can add this as a mega evolution for Good Buu.

Edite: Also are you going to evolve Uub from Kid Buu or keep him as a seperate fighter.

Edite2: I also came up with an idea for a new fighter that is using a similar mind controle concept. Fortuneteller Baba, (or Baba for short). Has the ability to bring fighters back from the death. This concept can easy be implemented as an ability in the game. Similar to mind controle you change a fighter into their "Revival" form. The requirement would be that the fighter has fainted and the form will only last x steps. After that the fighter faints again and cannot recieve the revival form until the next pokémon center visit. Healing in the pokémon center will automaticly revert the Revival Fighter back to normal.

Kid Buu isn't the most powerful form, Buu (Gohan) is the most powerful one (for now! I'm preparing things to add another one that is even more powerful than that one!).
In the anime they said that Kid Buu was more dangerous for the complete lack of self-control, but in terms of power he weakened releasing everyone for his body.

Anyway with each evolution he will be able to learn unique moves, so there will always be a reason to evolve him and try all the forms.
Another thing to keep in mind is that it isn't obvious that Kid Buu will be so easy to be captured in the wild... maybe the fat one will be more common... >:)

Anyway I was thinking to put the level requirement too... we'll see!

I agree with "Super Fit Buu"... I think a Mega Evolution will do the work!

Regarding Uub, I think I'll leave it as a separate character, with the option to fuse him with Fat Buu to obtain Majuub.

Baba can be interesting... I'll what to do!

Thanks for your contribution!

LorisC

Years
Working on the battle screen:
INWOEM6.png

There are still some things to do, but you can get my idea!

LorisC

Years
Hi to everyone; sorry for the extremely long wait but I'm busier than I thought!
Anyway, as I promised, I haven't forgotten this project.

In order to speed up things a little, for the first release I decided use a Kanto map I found, I'll be able to edit it later once other parts are done.

Said that, I'll try to release a first version as soon as I can with Pokemons replaced by fighters and the new mechanics I already posted. After that I'll add maps edits and other stuff.

Again, sorry for the long wait.

P.S.
Everyone who wants to help doing something would be welcome!

LorisC

Years
Added all the Universe 3 fighters:
5hKdKKu.png

Universe 2 ones:
6vSYjM6.png

And Universe 4 ones:
PMhzZT3.png

Then, Universe 6:
wSma8NP.png

Qi6E0Jl.png

and Universe 9:
ZqGVy5U.png

Now the plans are to complete the remaining Universes and, after that, I'll try to reach a playable state and release a first beta version.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
Nice,

Here's another line of feedback:
- Super Ribrianne should be a mega
- Frost has in theorie all Freeza's prior forms. Maybe a small recolor on Freeza's forms can be done. Also you forgot the "100% Full Power" form. Frost has show to have this in the anime.
- The evolution order from Kale is a bit wrong:
- - Berserker Super Saiyan was first (I would recommand to use this as a mega for her base & 1st form)
- - Super Saiyan (perfect energy control), use this as first form
- - True Legendary Super Saiyan, use this as 2th form

Other ideas
- Botamo & Auta Megatta should have some kind of interaction mechanic like was show in the anime (like that Botamo would block incomming hits that where used for Auta Megatta). However an move could solve this as well and expand it to other fighters.

Back