• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] Pokemon Growth & Decay is Recruiting!

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Pokemon Growth and Decay is currently Recruiting members for its Dev Team!
    Pokemon Growth & Decay is Recruiting!

The Plot
    The story of Growth and Decay takes place in the region of Montrea, based around real world Canada.
    At the beginning of your story you receive a letter from your mother, which sets off your adventure in this new region.
    Further on in the story, your told by a group of wackily dressed hippies that a "ruffian gang"of sorts named team Decay
    wishes to bring back a great calamity from over 1000 years ago.
    Features
    In the montrea region you will be able to find more than 200 new pokemon with regional variants included, and animations to boot! There are gimmicks planned as well!
    Though nothing is quite set in stone
    What we need
    Story Writers
    No fangame can be complete without a story right? Were lookin for people to help build this ever expanding story, and bring this game to life!
    Mappers
    You also cant have a fangame without Mappers huh? At the moment we only have one mapper, with how much we have planned, one or two more would greatly increase the speed of development, and the speed we can get a demo out to you!
    Tilers
    Since this game is pretty large based on canada and all, we need people who are able to make tiles for trees, homes, and everything well, being a tiler would include! We
    want this game to be unique, and stand out amongst the crowd!
    Character Spriters
    For this game, we plan on taking our own crack at the character classes that seem to return in every game to stay faithful to the source material, cant have a fangame without a youngster on route 1 huh?
    Composers
    Currently, we have 1 composer for this project, which is a bummer, since music is alot of work to put on one person, if we could get even 1 more person, thatd be amazing!
    Spriters (Overworld and icon specifically)
    We have spriters currently, yet all of us are pretty bad when it comes to overworlds and the lot, having these would be amazing! as we want to have follow mons and overworld encounters!
    And finally, programmers
    I cant happen to program for the life of me, and we currently are in search of programmers, any help would be massively appreciated!
    Contacts
    Squip#7873

Credits
    Sprites-Me, BruhBupper,Nyx
    Concept art/Sugimori style art-Me, BastionPheonix
    Animations-Me,Antiant

Canal_do_Lontra

Oshawott uses Razor Shell
    Years
    oh the starters are really so looks like original, they are really amazing, nice combo that you made of starters, one of the best starter combos that i saw ever of fakemon, and my choice when i am going to play is Kitfisk.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2023
    Hello!
    I would like to volunteer for the story writing part. I can come up with an interesting story line. Please consider me.
    Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2022
    Hello, I would love to help and get your project started!

I have experience with Essentials and tons of experience with writing. My biggest shortcoming is the art part of a game with limited experience in scripting (but I am learning Essentials scripting through Thundaga vids). I can create the world with the correct tileset and do simple events. (Here is a link with map examples I created using pokemon Reborn and Essential assets - https://imgur.com/a/LVPvgow )

My discord is Voltorbflip#5350 if you need it.

If you have room in your team, count me in!

Back