• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Guide - Personal Speculation

Sevrah

Sevrah Lux
Years
  • What's up fellow trainers?

Do you know what I really appreciate when it comes to gaming (heck, even any topic), especially Pokemon?

That would be..

Guides... And in this example, Video Game Guides. Either videos, text, or image guides. Usually, these are called walkthroughs, playthroughs, or Let's Plays (LPs)

Anyways.

The part that I appreciate about video game guides, is the fact that the content publishers, almost 100% of the time, are not required to do it. These people have a passion for helping people with their voice, writing, or organizational learning skills.

In conclusion..

I felt like I'd just share my thoughts about this. If you wish, please reply to this post with your thoughts/ideas/opinions.

And also, feel free to add what you think it takes to write a video game guide, or perhaps, any guide.

Thanks,

-Sevrah

Years
  • I will allow discussion about Video Game guides in general, but not just Pokemon guides.

Personally, I haven't used gaming guides in a long time. The last one I used wasn't really a guide, just looking for Pokemon information about gaming mechanics.

lol Ironic post

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    i try to steer clear of guides unless im completely stuck or the guide im looking at is used to augment my experience rather than cheapening it or making the game obvious or too easy. a simple guide that would help me get through the learning curve without beating me over the head with spoilers or basically holding my hand and taking away any challenge is fine.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years

• I will allow discussion about Video Game guides in general, but not just Pokemon guides.

The guides for Pokemon Black & White (Volumes 1 & 2) were just awful.

Reasons for buying them, for any game I feel a 'guide' needed is for maps, artwork, item/Pokemon location.
    Paired with the internet, and my gaming gets easier than if i had no help. But I don't play multiplayer shooters, so my gaming life has it easier than some.

Most of my guides owned are for Pokemon. The other 'half' are for Grand Theft Auto's. Got a few for a few Xbox 360 games too, though I don't own a 360 yet.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I have a lot of guides from the N64, GBC, early-GBA, and early-GCN eras. I really only got them because I liked the artwork XD

I didn't have a computer (or had only just gotten one) at this point, so I wasn't on the Internet 24/7, so for some of the more hidden secrets in some games - they would be my only way of not necessarily knowing how to get them, but even that they exist.

I liked the Pokemon guides way back when. Lots of information and stats on all the creatures and now... there's no point. Just look it up on the Internet. The Pokemon Handbooks though, I miss those. It was nice to have a paper Pokedex to carry around

Back