• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver English Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2010
    I Love this patch a lot, nice job and i felt like helping so here

Incorrect Translations i have spotted/mistakes
    Red orb is incorrectly the fruit of life and its description runs off screen
    Cheer bell is incorrectly Mother of Tin and its description runs off screen
    Desperate hook also seems to make no sense its sescription is, "Key and opening the door to the hollow"
    Berry Planter is incorectly Cheer bell and its description is, "Cultivation of cheerfulness used to be r(it runs off screen here)"
    Blue Card says, "Live Program Earn Points"
    Soothe bell has no description
    Mewtwo's Power swap and guard swap are grammatically incorrect and make little sense

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2010
    Will someone do a complete translation?
    you can wait for the official one to come out in america next year for that. I am using using the old silver/gold walkthroughs to help me here =) I am just glad that the menus are translated ^^ items, and moves, makes things sooo much easier! i am not expecting a full translation, not their job ^^ lol

EcoReck

Just that guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Oh, sorry! Didn't know you had a duplicate topic! Are you planning on translating the in-game dialogue? Because part of my enjoyment of the game is the story. :)

Years
  • I have a problem.
    I can't save my game with this patch on my DS (with an Itouch DS).
    Someone know how can I fix this?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    Problem

I put the rom in the rom file and all that , but the patched rom doesnt appear. Where it is?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    how do you get msg.narc from a heart gold rom? i hav thenewpoketext and nds tool but in just creates an empty folder. also if you tell me, i will start translating some overworld dialougue text but use your patch as a base. i'll copy some text from crystal
    but translate most of it.

after you open the rom in thenewpoketext, you need to copy a/0/2/7 to msgdata/msg.narc then you can edit the text. afterwards move it back befor rebuilding the rom.

also

Update 4 is out!

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Thanks for version 4! It's great! Seems as if you are almost done with what you started off translating, so will you start to translate the dialogue soon?

Damn this! I have downloaded various roms for no$gba and every single time it crashes saying "FATAL ERROR - The rom image has crashed" and takes me back so far in the game!! How do you get rid of this stupid error? Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2009
    P0kelegend i had this problem and i think it is to do with the saving of the rom if you go into options emulation setup in nocash and change nds cartirage backup media to flash 512kb and restart the emulator it should work fine

o and keep up the excellent work magius

EcoReck

Just that guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Pretty nice! Still gonna wait until you start translating Dialogue though :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2011
    Man, you are making some serious progress on this. Excellent job. I still cannot believe how fast the thing's going.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    Fixing Patcher

Figured out how to fix the xdelta glitches when you get

Code:
    xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Instead of this

Code:
    xdelta -d -f -s temp\hgss.nds temp\patch.patch patched.nds

Use

Code:
    xdelta -n -d -f -s temp\hgss.nds temp\patch.patch patched.nds

Think it is a glitch to do with amd cpus.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back