• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Heartgold Ingame Help

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    This is my pokemon heartgold ingame team. Now mind you, I'm not worried about IV's/EV's. So don't ask or worry about that.

Ok, I just beat the elite four with this line up.

Gengar - Lvl 39
    Modest
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Mean Look
    -Sludge Bomb

he did pretty good, but could have been better if he had been at a better level. But i'm proud of him, he did very well.

Slowking - Lvl 40
    Serious
    -Surf
    -hidden Power Electric
    -Nasty Plot
    -Zen headbutt

Slowking did really well. the only thing he could have done better would be to take Houndoom better who i found out rips my entire team. I was so happy when I found out he had HP electric, which I found out after the fight with red Gyarados. With nasty plot he put Lances gyara to nothingness.

Magnezone - Lvl 40
    Quiet
    -Thunder
    -Lock On
    -Rain Dance
    -magnet Bomb

horribly, pure crap. Outside of standard he didn't do jack. especially since it is super hard t5o get a tbolt TM. He did nothing but take hits and allow me to heal allies.

Typhlosion - Lvl 46
    Modest
    -Fire Blast
    -Lava Plume
    -Swift
    -Quick Attack

he did really well in the E4, except for stupid Lovely Kiss Jynx.

Heracross - Lvl 42
    Jolly
    -close Combat
    -Brick Break
    -Aerial Ace
    -take Down

Hera did really well. Especially vs stupid Umbreon. Wish he had megahorn though.

Mamoswine - Lvl 46
    Relaxed
    -Avalanche
    -Earth quake
    -Dig
    -Ice Shard

WOW. MVP of this team for the E4. He did SOOOOO well vs sooooo many things. Especially vs Lance.

Sobriquet

Show me the way...
    Years
  • This is my pokemon heartgold ingame team. Now mind you, I'm not worried about IV's/EV's. So don't ask or worry about that.

Ok, I just beat the elite four with this line up.

Gengar - Lvl 39
    Modest
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Mean Look/Thunderbolt
    -Sludge Bomb

he did pretty good, but could have been better if he had been at a better level. But i'm proud of him, he did very well.
    Thunderbolt is just more coverage if you can get the TM.

Slowking - Lvl 40
    Serious
    -Surf
    -hidden Power Electric
    -Nasty Plot
    -Zen headbutt Psychic when he gets to 48.

Slowking did really well. the only thing he could have done better would be to take Houndoom better who i found out rips my entire team. I was so happy when I found out he had HP electric, which I found out after the fight with red Gyarados. With nasty plot he put Lances gyara to nothingness.
    Slowking's attack stat isn't too great and Psychic will also take advantage of Nasty Plot.

Magnezone - Lvl 40
    Quiet
    -Thunderbolt - if you can get it.
    -Lock On Never found this useful. Find a damaging move for coverage.
    -Rain Dance Don't want RD to lower Typhlosion's usefulness. Put in Toxic or something if all he does is stall.
    -magnet Bomb Raise it 6 levels and get Mirror Shot.

horribly, pure crap. Outside of standard he didn't do jack. especially since it is super hard t5o get a tbolt TM. He did nothing but take hits and allow me to heal allies.
    Make use of Magnezone's excellent SpAtk and he should be pretty good.

Typhlosion - Lvl 46
    Modest
    -Fire Blast Sunny Day
    -Lava Plume Flamethrower
    -Swift Brick Break
    -Quick Attack Solarbeam

he did really well in the E4, except for stupid Lovely Kiss Jynx.
    No need for two fire and two normal type attacks. Made to cover weaknesses

Heracross - Lvl 42
    Jolly
    -close Combat/Megahorn
    -Brick Break/Megahorn
    -Aerial Ace Earthquake
    -take Down Find a Rock-move for those pesky flying types.
    Hera did really well. Especially vs stupid Umbreon. Wish he had megahorn though.
    Covering weaknesses + Getting STAB. Only need one fighting move.

Mamoswine - Lvl 46
    Relaxed
    -Avalanche/I prefer Ice Fang.
    -Earth quake
    -Dig Get a Stone Edge TM. Nao.
    -Ice Shard

WOW. MVP of this team for the E4. He did SOOOOO well vs sooooo many things. Especially vs Lance.
    No need for 2 ice moves but since one is priority I'll let it slide. Def. no need for 2 ground ones though.

changes in bold

I haven't rated in a long time so I'm kind of rusty. That said, you seem to get a general knowledge of Physical vs. Special attacks but you really need to get more type coverage in your attacks. It would have made the E4 tons easier.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    I know a lot about coverage lol.

It's just lack of TM's and general care for training.

I see your point though. The suggestions seem to be mainly to me blatently obvious.

Thanks though.

Back