• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen pokemon help?

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2004
    i need to strengthen my party to beat the elite five
    im going to keep 2 pokemon:

swampert lv.59
    groudon lv.55

please tell me the best 4 pokemon to put in my party besides swampert and groudon
    i also need to know the best movesets for swampert and groudon
    thankyou

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    Well i can give you some stuff for Swampert and Groudon for

Swampert

Muddy water
    Surf
    Ice beam
    Earthquake

Groudon

Fireblast
    Solor beam
    Overheat
    Calm mind

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Take
    Swampert-surf, ice beam, earthquake, rest@chesto berry
    Groudon -brick break/fire blast, bulk up, rest, ancientpower@chesto berry
    or Groudon -fire blast, rest, bulk up, earthquake@chesto berry

I suggest using the first Groudon without fire blast with an adament are jolly personality.
    If must take the second one, use quiet personality.
    For more help u have to tell us what other pokemon u want to use.We can't tell u what pokemon to use it will take the fun out of it.However we can help u with the move sets if we get the pokemon + personality + item ^_^.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2004
    pokemon help again

i want zangoose but i never caught him so how do i raise a lv.17 zangoose up to like lv. 45 or 50.i also need to know where to catch bagon or is he only on one game ?

Dragon Man

Milk and Cookies!
    Years
    You can catch Bagon in Meteor Falls in the 4th Basement. Can't remember how to get there...*Scratches head* But you can catch them from Level 25 to 35, I believe.
    Groudon @ Chesto Berry
    Rest
    Bulk Up
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower
    Swampert @ Chesto Berry/Leftovers
    Rest
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    (Same as Ice Demon's)

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2009
    Ah! A Place Where I Am Good At!

My Main Team Members For Beating The Elite Four:

Blaziken L61 - Charcoal

Secret Power
    Blaze Kick
    Sky Uppercut
    Slash

Kyogre L53 - Amulet Coin

Dive
    Ice Beam
    Hydro Pump
    Waterfall

Heal After EAch Battle. Grow Lots Of Leppa Berries. They Restore 10PP. Buy Lots Of Potions.

You Ought To Even Have Little Potions like Potion Or Super Potion. Just For A Small Top Up

Buy Lots Of Revives And Full Resores.

Thats About It.

If You Havent Got Lots Of Strong Pokemon, just get some weaker ones that can withstand ne hit. that way, if your pokemon faints, switch to them and use a revive. then switch back to the strong one! ^-^

Bagon is found in meteor falls. here are the directions:

From The Entrance South Of Fallabror.
    You Need A Pokemon With Surf.
    You Need A Pokemon With Waterfall.

Go Left, Across The Bridge.
    Surf Up The Water, And Go Up The Waterfall.
    Straight Ahead And Through The Door/Entrance
    Go Right And Down The Ladder
    Go Down Left Up And Up The LAdder
    Up Up Up! ^-^
    Then Right And BOING BOING BOING! Down! STICK TO THE LEFT on the way down!
    When You Get To The Last Thingy, Go LEFT, Not Down The Jump
    Go Down The Little Ladder My Friend! =P
    Go Down And Surf!
    Up, Onto The Land.
    Through The Door!
    Surf Up
    Nothing There? O.o

You DID Come All The Way For This Empty Cave. Yup.

Walk Up and Down. A Bagon Will Appear! Catch It! You Have A Bagon!

O.O

This Is The Only Place Bagons Come. ^-^ On That Lil Strip Of Land! There Are Also The Golbats Zubats And Lunatones/Solrocks

Bagon Are There Though. Yup. They Are There. o.o

Hope That I Detailed It Enough! XP

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    For salamence- rest, dragon dance, brick break/HP fighting, aerial ace@chesto berry
    Zangoose- slash, aerial ace, sword dance, crush claw

How about some other pokemon.I am not very sure about Zangoose i have never used him or looked him up.For the elite four just have high levels and a few good pokemon and u win.There is no need to have any fancy move sets.

Swampling what kind of Kyroge is that 3 water moves?????? Did u delete calm mind :shocked:
    Try this -calm mind, surf, ice beam/thunder, rest@chesto berry.
    Use calm mind until u are at max SpA and SpD and then rest.After that use your attacks and destroy everything.I like ice beam but,thunder works great with drizzle.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    keep in mind that Shedinja's nickname is the "Kyogre-maul"... watch out for that.

Zangoose is pretty good with this...

Zangoose- adamant @ leftovers/lum berry
    -return
    -sword dance
    -shadowball
    -brick break

Covers a lot of good elements as well as Snorlax/Skarmory mauling... Pretty effective against Claydol and Dusclops (before DT) as well. If you want, you can substitute quick attack instead of shadowball to rid endure-abusers as well.

@ Ice Demon: never use slash. it's worthless now because the critical rate is so low... plus it ignores stat buffs so sword dance with slash is pure contradicting. NEVER USE SLASH!

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Wait.......WHAT!!!!!!Slash ignores sword dance???
    Well i guess i wouldn't know since i have never really used it along with sword dance.Anyway now i know ^_^.
    What sort of personality to use on shedinja/ninjask.I mean what sort of personality should be looked for in a nincada - adament or jolly or what ??????

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    for shedinja, it's beyond doubt anything that increases attack power is good (preferably scarifice one of the defense as you have no defense ;p)

for ninjask, i suppose that adamant works too... but you may want to buff one of the def actually because ninjask is meant to chain pass not to sweep anyway...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Shedinja is pure chaos if you're not careful enough if you're up against one. It can possibly just stand there to sweep your entire team. Usually Shedinja automatically destroys the usefulness for half of your team due to WonderGuard, and its shadowball is pretty deadly within itself.

latias rocks

dragon trainer
    Years
    If i were you i would have a shedinja but also not buy any potions but keep doin the elite 4 so you can cain levels(dont buy potions till you are ready because it will waste your money) that might take a long time so you could also catch some ok pokemon like larion at victory road. That what i did.

Last edited:

Yamichu

o.O;
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    Latias Rocks, he probalby just wants to beat the E-4 quickly so he catch Lati@s/do the battle tower. So I reckomend having a team of around 3-6 Lv. 50-60 pokemon and buying lots of Full Restors but thats just my opinion. On Sapphire it's simple...Kyogre and Blazkiken plus alot of Full Restors...
    btw Lairon/Aggron isn't that good...it has to many weaknesess...

~HORN!

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Aggron is pretty terrible with x4 weakness to the very common earthquake and brick break... ingame well anything is usable but just have to beware (for competitive play it's still usable but I fail to use this due to my lack of skill)

please... don't train with elite 4. Rare candy your way. Check the advanced trainers' guide for explanations.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Tig said:
    Also max ur pok?'s stats b4 lv. 100, cuz if u give them stat boosters when they're lv. 100 it says it has no effect:P
    *knows that that is not true... it has no effect because either you have given them 10 vitamins already, or EV is already maxed (meaning that you didn't rare candy your way through which is the much much preferred way to prevent EV scars)*

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2005
    The Elite Four and Steven isn't really a threat. I actually defeated them with four pokemon that I've caught and stuck to. They aren't really strong. Here they are at my first attempt:

Blaziken Lv61 - Slash, Blaze Kick, Sand-Attack, Sky Uppercut.
    Gardevoir Lv61 - Thunderbolt, Psychic, Hypnosis, Dream Eater.
    Groudon Lv61 - Slash, Rest, Earthquake, Fire Blast.
    Pelipper Lv61 - Wing Attack, Surf, Fly, Ice Beam.

Matter of fact, if I go online with this quarter-baked team, I'll be trashed in no time. My standby items are:

Full Restore X12
    Lava Cookie X9
    Revive X7
    Lemonade X6
    Soda Pop X3
    PP Up Berry X6 (whatever you call it)

None of my pokemon are boosted in any way, except for Blaziken, Gardevoir and Pelipper having the Effort Ribbon, since I caught them quite early in the game. The only problem you will have is facing a pokemon you utterly have no knowledge of, that's really all. :D

Back