• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Hunter - Prologue and Chapter 1

JeisonKen

Legendary Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    Here I come.

I worked my hardest and sorta wrote what came to mind, but here is the (incredibly short) Prologue and Chapter 1 of Pokemon Hunter. Tell me how you like it? I'm pretty sure this'll have to go into the DREADED REVISION BIN. Lol. Anyway, here we go. THIS IS RATED PG-13 for some langauge.

[FONT=&quot]The Pokémon world is vast, as most people probably already know. And everyone had a part in the balance of the Pokémon World. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]About six years ago, a new Pokemon League Champion was inducted in Kanto. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Two years afterward, a new region was established. Citizens from Kanto and Johto were chosen to move to this new region. I was one of those people. It was me and my parents. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Then I met her…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It seems like it was only yesterday…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I remember it as if it was.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CHAPTER 1: Regrets[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Up and at 'em, Hunter."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I remember when I first got into this whole thing…mess or otherwise. When I was 13, someone came to my doorstep. He was dressed in a black coat along with a bandana covering his head, and I could see blue hair sticking out of the wrap. I asked politely, "What do you want?"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He chuckled, and I just stood there in my boxers wondering, "Who the hell do you think you are?" He finally spoke. His voice was awfully deep, and I wasn't sure whether or not he was actually speaking or just muttering under his breath.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I have come to your household for an audience. May I come in?"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I had nothing better to do, so I let him in. We talked about matters involving Pokémon. I was not comfortable with the conversation because of what happened a couple years ago…But that's all history now. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He then asked me what I thought of Pokémon. I said, "I have no comment." I became impatient. I was becoming angry from his questions. And for what purpose was he asking me these questions? "Excuse me, sir; I think it's time for you to leave." The man calmly pleaded to let him have more of my time, but I was finished with him. "Get out. Now." I pushed him out of my house and he stood there for a minute or two. He finally left. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"What a weirdo."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Well, since he killed a good hour of my day, I decided to visit Aria before it was too late in the day to see her…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Aria…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]She was probably the only thing keeping me alive. I have no place in a world like this. Everyone's got their own thing going…But I have nothing. It makes me sick. So sick. I just wish it would end. However, whenever I see Aria, I am invigorated by her very presence. But I felt too young to start something more with her. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I walked outside, hands in my pants pockets and got on my motorcycle. Seems weird for a 13-year old to be riding a motorcycle, right? True, but the Takyu region was only established a few years ago, so not all the laws are in effect and really, the police force in this region were a bunch of lazy bastards anyways. I could care much less.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Westport[/FONT][FONT=&quot] City[/FONT][FONT=&quot] was my hometown, and one of the first established when the Takyu region was first discovered three years ago. It was incredibly peaceful and friendly. I tend to suffocate on its innocence. Aria's house was down the road. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pokémon…I always considered them a nuisance and a burden to everyday society. I felt sorry for the people that actually used Pokemon for whatever sick reason they did. Those things should have been left alone from the start. I can't even bear to stomach the fact that they fit into our lives…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Fine. They can frolic with those things; I'll stay human.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And there was Aria's house. It was small, but after her parents died, it was big enough for just her. Like I said, the Takyu region is still trying to be stabilized as I speak so no foster homes or whatnot. That was perfectly fine with me. If foster homes were set up, I wouldn't be able to see her.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I've known Aria for about 4 years now. I met her when the first citizens were transferring from their respective regions to the Takyu region. We chatted and spoke, and we promised we'd see each other again. Fate just had it that'd we be practically next to each other.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I knocked on her door and she answered immediately like she had Future Sight. She welcomed me in and I sat down.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"So, what's new?" I said to her.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Nothing...that's the problem." She said with moderate discomfort.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Why would you want anything to happen? I like it this way." I said with pride. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And it was true. I could care less about what happened to this world, as long as it doesn't involve me. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    "C'mon…it's been too boring around here. You'd think that with this new region, there'd be something cool to do around here?" She looked at me longingly. She gave me this look whenever I didn't agree with her. And normally it would work. But this time, no. I was strict on my opinion.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"No. I like it the way it is." Aria looked at me even more longingly. I wouldn't give in. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"No."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]She kept looking at me. I couldn't stand it. I was about to punch something. I….I...I couldn't….[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]* * *[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]"I couldn't control my anger."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Is that so, Hunter? Tell me more."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Sure."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]That day, my relationship with Aria changed. Of course, anyone with a brain in their head would probably know that if they had witnessed what I had done. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My rage took me over. I yelled at her.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"NO, I DON'T WANT CHANGE! I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT CHANGE!!! I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO THIS REGION, THE WORLD, OR YOU!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I stormed out and…that was it. I had completely dumbstruck Aria…and I think I broke her heart. I haven't seen her since that day. Every time I think of her and what happened…my heart aches with incredible pain.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If I had a heart. I have no heart. Nobody with a heart would have done that. I thought of myself as a monster. I didn't fit into this world at all and now I had become an unapproachable entity. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"So, how did you become a Hunter?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Hmph…I was 'chosen' normally, like all Hunters are."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I see. That's very interesting. And yet you're one of the Elite Hunters?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Yeah…I prefer not to talk about how I actually 'became' a Hunter…"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Please. Tell me."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Whatever."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I went home faster than the time it would take for me to make up a corny metaphor. I couldn't believe what I had done. I had broken her heart…and I think I broke my own. I wanted to go apologize to her but every time I tried to call her on my PokeGear, I couldn't press the CALL button. Something prevented me from pressing it. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I laid down for about an hour just thinking of what had happened…what I had done. Finally, I went to sleep sometime after that. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I slept well, which was awfully weird, because I never got any sleep at all. Sometimes, I would just stay up, looking up at my house's ceiling. But not that night. I woke up around noon and of course the first thing on my mind was Aria. I picked up my PokeGear. It was one of the newer models, created about a year ago. I sent Aria a text message that I was coming over. I waited about a half an hour, but no answer. I decided to just go over. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I rushed and nearly fell over as I got on my motorcycle and drove east, toward Aria's house. As I drove, I rose up on 90 MPH. I was determined to see Aria, to tell her that I---Well…that didn't happen.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Nothing happened as I planned. It all fell into little pieces.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As I reached 100 MPH, it happened.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I saw it up ahead. A man took out one of those Poke Balls and sent out a Pokemon. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Probably some training", I thought.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I was horribly wrong.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Pokemon that was released from the Poke Ball ran up to my motorcycle and punched it square in the front, sending me flying right onto the pavement. My sight was growing dim and I was bleeding from my head…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I think…I went out cold.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"You were given the usual Pain Inclusion test, huh?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Right. They brought me to a secret underground location and told me that I would be forced to become a Hunter."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"So why did they think you were chosen?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"They told me that 'past experiences' were their source of information on me."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What had happened in the past."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I prefer not to talk about it."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I see."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Now you know my story. As soon as they forced me to join their ranks, I was put through rigorous training. The first test was surviving against wild and untamed Pokemon…without any Pokemon to aid the Hunter. Many rookies died. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Unfortunately, I didn't.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I rose into the ranks without even knowing it until I was no longer a rookie, but now an Expert Hunter. I was introduced to my commanding officer. I recognized him immediately as the man who came to my door that day. He had the same look too, except his blue hair struck out of his head wrap more than it did when I last saw him. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Well, well. I didn't expect I'd see you again."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Fate is mysterious."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I really didn't expect you to become an Expert Hunter, either. Only the best of the best can become one. You must be really talented."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I don't accept flattery."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Whatever. Name's Zenos. You're with me now, so show some respect."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And I did. I had to. The Hunter business was tricky. What is a Pokemon Hunter?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Zenos treated me with respect in return, so I was a bit thankful. I had apparently become a powerful force. We performed Hunter Missions together. We were considered an inseparable team. I liked the idea…and yet I loathed it. I was working for this organization that kidnapped me, erased my life and took away all I had to live for…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And that was Aria.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I missed her ever so much when I became a Hunter. Everyday I thought of her and how we always were together…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now, things were different.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Now, I guess I had to live without her.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Now…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I was a Pokemon Hunter.
    -----------------------------------
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This introduces the three main characters to the story.

The Main Character - he has yet to have a name right now. He is also the Narrator of the story.
    Aria - Main Character's best friend, they have a close relationship, but not romantic as of the moment.
    Zenos - An expert Hunter, who serves as the main character's Hunter Commander in the ranks. His history will be revealed later on.
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

JeisonKen

Legendary Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    Pokemon Hunter - Chapter 2 (PG-13)

Finished with Chapter 2, and more stuff happens.

MAKE SURE YOU READ OR HAVE READ CHAPTER 1 FIRST!!!

I can't post the link though, cause I haven't posted enough...

Ok, here it goes. Make sure to comment and stuff, and let me know if you like it or not.

Oh and BTW, this has a bit of foul language, so keep that in mind when reading, OK?

IT STARTS NOW.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [FONT=&quot]The Hunter business is tough.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Tougher than any other occupation.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If you have any objections…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Just try living my god forsaken life.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Chapter 2: Hunter Business[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As soon as I became a Hunter, I knew I couldn't go back to my old life. And I could never see anyone I knew from my old life…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And that meant that I could never see Aria again.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]One would think, "There's gotta be a positive side to all this." The answer to that rhetorical question is a big, fat no. There is no, or ever will be no positive side to being a Pokemon Hunter.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"And you seriously believe that?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"You guys took me away from my life. The life I was perfectly happy living. And you expect to think that being a Hunter is a happy go-lucky job? HELL NO."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Sir…you are chosen to become a Hunter long before you are born. Like Pokemon Trainers, a Hunter is initiated at age 10.…However, you dodged the bullet for three years due to your previous occupation."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Hmph."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What was your previous occupation, by the way?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I said I'd rather not talk about it."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ok, ok. One more question then."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What. Now?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What is your name, Hunter?"

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]My name? This guy must be kidding himself. When one becomes a Hunter, they are given a name to go by. My real name…is long forgotten. But my Hunter name…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Zara."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"My name is Zara."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The name they gave me when I was administered into the ranks. Zara. It was a weird name. However, I never argued. It was useless to anyway.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Oh, looks like this hour is up. It was a pleasure to meet you, Zara."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I walked away from my psychiatrist and went back to my quarters. I used to room with another Hunter, but Expert Hunters get their own quarters. I went into my room and sat on my bed. Things were going slow today. No jobs. No clients. That's just fine with me. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Unfortunately, I spoke too soon.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]My in-room telephone rang. It was Zenos, my commanding officer.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What is it now, Zenos?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I know I said it was your day off, Zara, but…"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"But what?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Well...I guess I lied! Ha ha!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ugh…what do you want me to do?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"We have some strange Pokemon activity going on in Shore City. We need you to look into it."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What kind of strange activity?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"We've detected a massive influx of Solar energy in the area, along with three trainers."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Probably just a bunch of scum that want to force their Pokemon to be stronger."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Whatever the case, Zara, we need your talent."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Yeah, whatever. Just promise me I get my day off after this."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Sure. Sure. By the way, we're sending a Hunter Contact for support."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"You know I hate working with other people."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Deal with it, Hunter."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He hung up. I guess I was headed to Shore City. I went into my bathroom and changed into my Hunter clothing. It was an all black body suit, with ridges on the arms and legs. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I left my room and headed for the Briefing Room. I passed many a Rookie Hunter. I got multiple looks from them. Some were salutes of respect, some were smiles of encouragement…and some were scowls of disgust. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I hated my job. More than I hated my life.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I entered the Briefing Room and met up with Zenos.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Zara, Zara, Zara."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Yes, my name is hard to memorize, I take?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"No. But I am very proud of how you have rose in the Hunter business."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Shut up. You know I hate being a Hunter."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"You joke ever so much, Zara. Down to business."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Zenos turned on a monitor, showing a detailed map of Shore City. Shore City was located to the far north in the Takyu region, but had an incredibly warm climate. In fact, the city was so big, it had to be separated by compass directions. There is North Shore and South Shore City. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]According to Zenos, I was to drop-off in South Shore City and meet my contact there, and then head up to North Shore City to find this group of scum. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Now, in the Hunter business, we didn't own Pokemon. We rented Pokemon that we thought useful for the mission, and then brought them back afterward. I never liked Pokemon, as I've probably said before. However, it was necessary to rent one for transportation. And that did not mean I was not educated in the ways of Pokemon. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Beside that point, I rented a Flying-type Pidgeot to provide transportation to Shore City. I made sure I had my PokeGear and sent out the Pidgeot. Now, as most would expect, these Pokemon are wild to the point of hurting humans. Luckily, the Pokemon Hunters were the first to design a device that artificially heightens a Pokemon's tameness. So, I attached the device to the Pidgeot's stomach. In no time at all, the Pokemon was calmed down. I got onto it and commanded it to fly to Shore City. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]While in the air, I got a call on my PokeGear. I pulled it out and the ringtone played.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]♫I wanna be the very best♫[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]♫Like no one ever was♫[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Looking at the ID, it was an Unknown Name, but it was calling from Shore City. I expected it was the Hunter Contact.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Who is this?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"How far are you from Shore City, Hunter?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"About another 100 miles. Shouldn't be too far on this Pokemon."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ok. Meet me next to the Poke Mart."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I saved his number but didn't name it. Not yet. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]10 minutes later, I touched down in Shore City. Of course I made a scene. ****. Couldn't this Pokemon land a bit quieter? Whatever I case, I saw a figure wearing a blue jacket and equally blue pointed hat standing next to the Poke Mart. His black hair covered one of his eyes, and his other eye glared fiercely at me. Even though I was across the street from him, he could somehow tell that I was the man he was meant to meet. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]That glare…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]For some reason, it seemed to tick me off.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I walked over to him. I said to him, "My contact?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"You'd be right, Hunter."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Hmph, I had some suspicions."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ok. My name is Riley."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Are you also a Hunter, or just a Contact?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"You can say I was a Hunter."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What? He used to be a Hunter? Is that even possible? From what I've read…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Deserting the Hunters is grounds for…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Execution.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I acted calm though. I didn't want to act too interested.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What do you mean 'used to be a Hunter'?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I was promoted to a Hunter that has proven himself worthy to "hunt" on his own."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This guy must be extremely talented to be a Hunter that doesn't have to follow orders from the main headquarters. He interrupted my train of thought, reminding me of the mission.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ok, enough talk, we have to get to the North Shore and take out these Trainers. You have any Pokemon on you?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Just this Pidgeot. Look, I'm not one to use Pokemon. I'll fight, but I'll fight the Trainers. You deal with any Pokemon resistance."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Alright then. There's our plan. Follow me, Hunter."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I followed him up the street. He was fast, almost superhumanly fast. That doesn't mean I would be left behind. It was just a bit shocking. I should've expected it, though. Training as a Hunter has improved my agility twofold, so his training level must have heightened to a level of near sonic speed. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We arrived in North Shore City, but we still had a ways to go. I could easily tell we were in the Northern Area, due to the multiple villas in the direct area. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I managed to get beside Riley and I asked him a question.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"So, have you done any reconnaissance?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Yeah, I sent my Salamence to the area with a camera attached and got a visual of the Trainers."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Using Pokemon again. Can't humans do anything for themselves? Can they even take a crap without using Pokemon? I was at the point of nausea. It sickened me the amount of burden we put on these freaks of nature. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What did you see, Riley?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"It's three trainers alright. They all have Grass-type Pokemon."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]That made perfect sense to me. Grass Pokemon relied on the sun a lot. Solar energy was their bread and butter.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ok, and what's with the Solar energy influx?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Apparently, the Pokemon are causing it..."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Riley showed me the visual his Salamence took. The Pokemon were struggling to stay on their feet.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"But the Pokemon look like they're in pain..."
    "They are. The Trainers have them on some sort of artificial stimulator. I can't tell what it is, but one thing is for sure."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What's that?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"It's nothing that's legal."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]****. We're talking a Pokemon drug craze here or something.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"And this drug is causing the Pokemon to strain themselves and not care about the permanent injury that is being dealt to their bodies?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"That's what it looks."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Trainers were on a hill. No doubt it was Shoreside Cliff, a hot tourist spot in the North Shore City. Apparently, even the Gym Leader came there every now and then to "enjoy the view". [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We got up to the hills and saw the Trainers. They were whipping the Pokemon. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]They looked like normal teenagers, but something was off. Something was seriously off, because they all had evil grins in their smiles...[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Riley tapped my shoulder and we prepared to sneak up on the currently distracted trainers. I looked at Riley's hip. He had his hand on a Poke Ball. Riley gave me a hand signal and I rushed to the first Trainer. He saw me, but it was too late for him. I gave him a mean punch in the gut and then kicked him aside. His Pokemon, a Torterra, darted straight for me and prepared to use Body Slam. Suddenly, out of nowhere...[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Go! Lucario!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Riley's voice echoed painfully into my ears. He sent out his Pokemon, a Lucario. It dashed straight in front of me and used a Double Kick attack, sending the Torterra on its back.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Lucario looked at me. Hmph, expecting some form of thank you? Get out.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I gave the Pokemon a slight nod of recognition. I proceeded to the second Trainer and with a sweep kick, I sent him to the ground with a thud. Riley's Lucario dealt with the Pokemon, a Venusaur, using a quick Force Palm attack.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The last Trainer took out his PokeGear and was rushing to dial someone up. I wouldn't let him call for his so-called "backup". I nearly flew straight at him and punched him halfway across the field. Once again, Lucario dealt with that Trainer's Pokemon. I could care less.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I picked up the Trainer's PokeGear. It was still in a call. I said into the phone, "Who the hell is this?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The phone talked back. There was someone on the other side.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ah. You must be a Hunter."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The voice was camouflaged.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What's it to you?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Nothing, really. You might find out in the next few weeks."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"As if."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I hung up. If the business got to me soon enough, maybe I wouldn't even be around in the "next few weeks".[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Riley walked over to me. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Who is it?", he asked.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Couldn't tell, the voice was camouflaged."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I see. Take it back with you to the Hunter HQ. You could try getting it spliced and maybe matched."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ok, sure."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I stared at the unconscious bodies of the Trainers. I walked over to one of them and look at them. Something caught my eye, on their neck. It was a three-digit number. 147. The others, with close observation, had the numbers 261 and 718. I took pictures of this with my PokeGear's camera. My PokeGear was one of the newer models, that could hold tons of features. More than the usual phone, map and radio, at least.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It was time to head back. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I took out the Poke Ball that contained the Pidgeot. Poke Balls owned by the Pokemon Hunters are much different from the normal ones. Not only are they colored black on the top, they have multiple ripples in the black area. I sent out the Pidgeot and got onto it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"HEY, HUNTER!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I looked down to see Riley.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What's your name, Hunter?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Zara!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"That's your name?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Yeah, you have a problem with that?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Not at all, but if you need any help along the way, just call me!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"...Whatever, man."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I didn't need help...not one bit. But on my list of Contacts in my PokeGear, I renamed his number "Riley".[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He waved good-bye to me, but I just nodded. I have no interest in good-byes. Not when you might never see that person ever again.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Pidgeot flew in the southwest direction, toward the Backpoint Mountains. I sat on the bird and thought once again about my life...[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What I was...[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What I had become...[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A tool. A tool that works for a group that barely exists.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What is this?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This is what the Hunter Business does to you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] -------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]

JeisonKen

Legendary Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    Pokemon Hunter - Chapter 3 (PG-14)

Ok guys. Here it is. Chapter 3.
    This contains mild language, violence, use of alcohol and some weird plot devices.
    And read Chapters 1 and 2 or this won't make sense.
    Since I can't yet post links, go look for them in the Main Forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    [FONT=&quot]As you probably realize already, my life is a complete wreck.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And when your life is taken from right under your feet…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    There's nothing you can do…
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But when you mess with my life…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'll find a way.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Chapter 3: Defiance[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As I continued flying toward the Backpoint Mountains, and the base of the Pokémon Hunters, I kept thinking to myself about my "profession". What I did. What I had to do. I was being forced to complete these frivolous tasks. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And for what?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What sort of goal did the Hunters have anyway? All the time I had been a part of them, I felt like I had just joined them. They had so many secrets that I felt I had a right to know.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What was I fighting for?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What were they fighting for?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Then again, what is anybody in this world fighting for?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Pidgeot I was riding on started to tire. I had not used it for any heavy battling, but the Commander device uses up the Pokémon's energy quicker and it must rest shortly afterward. It managed to pull through just long enough to get me to the entrance of the base.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"What a useless creature." I said this with all honesty.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I called it back to its Hunter Ball and walked into the entrance. Immediately, I saw Zenos. I paid him no mind.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"So Zara, how'd it go?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"As good as it gets…"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Wonderful, wonderful. What's the diagnosis?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"All three trainers were subdued, their Pokémon were put in Seal Balls."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For those who can't tell, a Seal Ball is a Poke Ball that cannot be activated to release the contained Pokémon unless cracked by a certain machine that, obviously, the Hunters have. The Seal Ball, however, is not Hunter made. I didn't read my Hunter History book, so I forget who made the device. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Great, you can have your day of---"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Wait." I interrupted him quickly.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What is it, Zara?"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I showed Zenos the pictures on my PokeGear of the Trainer's necks. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"These numbers on their neck. Do you have any idea what it is, Zenos?"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Zenos stood for a second, closely examining the photos. He finally spoke.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Your PokeGear can take pictures? Where'd you get the upgrade card?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"It came with it, it's got more too, like an Mp3 Player, Video Player and a----Hey!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Don't change the damn subject on me!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Oh. Sorry. Yeah, I don't recognize these marks."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"And I retrieved one of the Trainer's PokeGear."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Why's that important?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I managed to record a call with a currently unknown receiver. His voice was disguised."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Alright, I'll send it to Hunter Forensics."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Good. Thanks."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I stepped away from Zenos and got into the Elevator. I pressed the button to go to the 3rd floor. As I stepped out of the elevator, I was greeted by the Gym Leader of Shore City. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"What's up, Hunter?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Hey."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gym Leaders were high figures of authority in the Pokémon world, but that doesn't mean they'll break. Three years ago, before I was forced to become a Hunter, the Gym Leaders of the Takyu region did not take kindly to the Hunters dropping in and just doing things as they please. I can understand that. If random figures wearing black came in and beat up some Trainers and their Pokémon for all the little things, I'd be a little pissed off too. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So the Hunters were forced to bribe the Gym Leaders of the region. All but three did not comply, but the Hunters did threaten them with death if they were to go against them. Jamie, the Shore City Gym Leader, was kept in the Hunter's pockets quite nicely. However, he didn't mind. As long as he could keep his position, he was perfectly fine with being a bit used.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I passed him in the hallway toward my room. I took out my room's Card Key, and more Rookie Hunters passed being led by a Lieutenant Hunter. The Rookies looked at me, and I saw that they respected me, liked me…but also feared me. I could see it in their faces. I walked into my room and fell onto my bed. Though comfortable, there was a weight on my shoulders.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I thought about the life I had, and the life I had now.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]They weren't much different.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I was stuck in a world where nothing made sense.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Except in this world…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The world of the Pokémon Hunter…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have people who make me feel whole…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What I was doing…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I knew it was wrong but…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Suddenly, a feeling of awful burden was descending upon me. I could feel it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I don't know why now but…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Maybe this is what the Hunter business does to someone…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Then, all my feelings of anger against the Hunters came back…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Why?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Why now?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I thought my therapist was supposed to help me deal with this![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I realized the truth that these Hunters pulled me from the life I was semi-happy living, and made me one of their thugs…their punks…their tools…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I was a tool.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That definitely struck a chord.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I was a tool. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A tool that is so dumb, that he cannot control his own fate.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It is controlled by the owner of the tool.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The owner that has a life.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]They felt no remorse for pulling me out of my life…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]They felt none for pulling anyone out of their life…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And I felt no sympathy for them…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I couldn't take this hell anymore.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I had to leave. And I would.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'll break out of these chains that are binding me from my own life, my own destiny. Not the destinies of these twisted minds that control me…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It doesn't matter what the psychotic truth is…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I had to get the hell out of this place.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I slept well that night. And my plan would come into action soon.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The next day, I began plotting my escape from the Hunter HQ. I was currently on the 3rd Floor East Wing. The exit was on the Ground Floor. However, the Ground Floor in this Hunter HQ is equal to 10 stories above ground, due to this headquarters being situated on one of the Backpoint Mountain summits. Before I could even begin to think, Zenos entered my room, due to him having permissions to enter the rooms of any of his team members. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He was stumbling and it was easy to see that he was drunk.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Zara! Wassup man?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Oh Zenos, what a 'pleasant' surprise."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ah, you're a funny guy Zara buddy boy!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"You've been drinking. Someone in your position should probably be sober."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Nawwww…I'm just havin' a little fun, man!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ugh…"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Zenos stayed for a bit, but eventually left, claiming that "he needed something to quench his thirst". He would obviously be gone for some time, so I took the time to lay out my plan. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I spent nearly five hours plotting. My plan was easier said than done. Getting to the exit is easy…on a normal basis. At night, the security cameras are in full force, and biometrics beyond a card key are required to get anywhere. Even I was to get past that, there are highly trained Hunter Guards that use radar to spot any enemies or intruders. This means that unless the security is dealt with beforehand, I wouldn't be getting anywhere anytime. I had to deal with the security first. I got onto my PC. The screen popped up saying, "Pokémon PC: Platinum Edition". It took more time than it needed to get to the desktop. About two months ago, I went on a Hunter Mission that required computer hacking to obtain hidden files. The virus I used also worked as an equally powerful jammer. It can disrupt electronic devices and signals. This would work as a perfect way to shut down all the cameras and the Hunter Guard radar systems. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Five hours passed, and someone knocked on my door.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Come in."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It was Jamie. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Oh, hey. What's going on?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Nothin' much. I just have a question."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"And that would be?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Are you troubled, Hunter?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    The sentence rang through my head a few times. I was surprised.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Exactly why do you ask?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Because doing a job like this…you're either troubled, or not human."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"You can say I'm a bit troubled. This organization pulled me from my life just when I needed to be there."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"That's what it does to all of us…"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"But, you're a Gym Leader. Not a Hunter."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"True, true. All I'm trying to say is, if there is anyway I can help, Hunter, don't hesitate.'[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I looked at him with slight confusion.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"What's with the sudden charity?"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He stared up into my ceiling and stepped onto my bed. He looked into the corners of my room. He took a small hidden camera out of each one.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I stared in shock. He then whispered to me.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"You're gonna try and escape, aren't you?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Well, lucky for you, I've been on Security Center duty. Some charity for the Hunters in order for me to keep my position."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ooh…"
    "I saw you take out the blueprints of the base and mark your path. You're one lucky person, 'cause thankfully, the other Security Hunters were out taking break."
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I looked at him for a second and then a split-second later I leapt at him, a kick ready to be performed. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]However, he grabbed my foot and slammed me down on the floor.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Look, I'm not gonna tell. I understand why you want to leave. I know who you are. Your name is---"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"No. Don't say it."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Alright, then what do I call ya?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Call me Zara."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Your Hunter name, I'm guessing?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Yeah."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ok, Zara. Put this number into your PokeGear when you get the chance. And call it if you need some help."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I don't ne---"
    "You will. Trust me. Now, act like nothing happened. I asked you how to get to the Briefing Room. They'll believe you. I have a bad memory."
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Jamie, why?"

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He walked close to my door and pulled the knob.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Because I was once in a similar situation."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He exited my room.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I had to escape tonight. It was my fate.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Nighttime fell on the Hunter base and I had just finished my dinner. Usually, Hunters were supposed to eat in the Dining Hall, but my team hated me (except for Zenos, who was probably still drunk), and I had no reason to dine with the likes of them. I chose to order Room Service every night. I would put my plan into action in one hour.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I turned on my TV and played some Nintendo Wii. Video games always passed the time fast. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Finally, my phone vibrated to tell me that the time was now. I got onto my PC's Mail program and sent the virus to the security center's database. I could tell it was working, because the computer's screen fuzzed up. I forgot that the security center also controlled all the wireless connectivity in this whole headquarters. Crap.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It didn't matter, my work was done. I took out my map and look closely at the 3rd Floor East Wing hallway. I still wouldn't be able to use the elevator, as I wanted to make a stealthy getaway, and the biometrics would be recorded and sent to the Security Center. When they got back online, they would know who escaped. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I exited my room quietly. I made sure to be in my Hunter outfit, as it blends in with darkness. It was made for stealth as well. However, I've heard that some Hunter clothing have a Camouflage System build inside of it. It was just a story that Zenos told me, so it's probably not true.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I looked to my side while running down the hall, and the camera was malfunctioning, so the virus worked. Since I couldn't use the elevator, I had to go for the stairs, which did not have any biometric security. I had to traverse it quietly, however.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I darted down the stairs, nearly tiptoe running, and then paused as I saw a Hunter Guard. Hunter Guard wears special headgear called the Hunter Eye, which makes them looks like a Cyclops. The headgear basically gives them thermal vision, x-ray vision and radar. However, its feed is given from the Security Center, so the virus wipes out their amplified vision and radar, allowing me to sneak past. I heard one communicating with his buddy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"So what do you think is wrong with the Security Center?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I dunno, probably because they upgraded the computers to Service Pack 2."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Ugh…you have to wonder whether those things do good or harm."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I'd say harm. Do you know that the Pokémon PC Company is making another OS?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Already? C'mon, we just got Platinum, what's this one called?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"HeartGold and SoulSilver editions. Each one has different perks, I believe."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Wow, they must be desperate to sell."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"In this economy, yes."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I rolled my eyes and walked past the guards. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Did you hear something?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Can't tell, but it was probably just a mouse."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I ran quietly in the 2nd Floor hall. The Security Center was on this level, but with the virus I just implanted, I should have no trouble getting past.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Unfortunately, things never go according to plan.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]They must've had some pretty damn good Antivirus, because the cameras began to function once more. I had to act quickly or else I would be seen. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Once again, nothing ever goes according to plan. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A Hunter Guard saw me, but couldn't identify me because he said:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Intruder! We have an intruder on the 2nd Floor! West Wing!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He began to call for backup, but I wouldn't let him.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I kicked his hand, disarming his radio and then punched him in the face, sending him straight to the floor.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]About to run, I got a call on my PokeGear?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Why the hell am I getting a call at a time like this?"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I pulled it out and looked at the ID. It was an Unregistered Number…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I answered it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Who is this?"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A mysterious voice answered back.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I suggest you haul your ass out of there, Hunter boy. Those guards are about to unleash hell on you once they arrive."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What the--…How the hell do you know this?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Stop asking questions. There a vent to your left. Go through that and head to the second vent exit you find. That will lead to a place closest to the exit. You'll be home free."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"And why exactly should I trust you?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Because I'm the only one in this building that doesn't want you dead."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"What?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"We'll be meeting again, Zara."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Wait! How do you know---"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He hung up. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Should I trust him?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]There was no time to think, as multiple Hunter Guards were running down the hall from both sides. I punched open the duct and crawled inside. I could hear the Guards getting confused. I crawled as fast as I could to the second exit cover. I kicked it down and I jumped into a room, prepared for combat.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But, there was no one here. Probably because they were all looking for me. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That's when I realized I was in the Pokémon Storage Room. I decided I needed a Pokémon in order to survive out there…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I remembered how much I hated Pokémon…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I remembered what trouble they caused me…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But this was no time for that; I had to run, before the Guards caught up. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Unless I turned on the extremely loud machine that scans the Hunter Balls, I wouldn't be able to tell what was inside the Poke Balls. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And I didn't have the time or the patience to do that. I had to pick and go. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Suddenly, I heard a Guard.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Radar shows a lifeform in the Storage Room!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Let's flush 'em out, boys!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I quickly took a Hunter Ball and a Commander, in case the Pokémon did not obey.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I ran out of the room, and the Guards all began chasing me![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"There he is!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I kept running and thankfully, they still couldn't identify me. I ran down the main hall and saw the elevator that led to the bottom of the mountains. I couldn't use it though, because it can be shut down from the now working Security Center. I made a sharp right toward the Mountain View. This was just a room to relax. I often entered it to get away from all the chaos of being a Pokémon Hunter. The good thing about this room is…it has a window. A big window.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I started to pick up my feet and run faster, the Guards still chasing me with all their indistinct chatter. I blocked my face with my arms and made a leaping dash into the window, breaking it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I fell. I fell 10 stories.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"AHHHH!!! ****!!!!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There was nothing I could do…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I closed my eyes…I thought I was done.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Guards thought I was done too, because they stopped the chase and gave up.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I could tell I was starting to fall faster to the ground. Faster…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I kept my eyes shut, and the most important rule of being a Hunter rang through my head.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Desertion…means death.[/FONT]
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Comment and give me feedback, plz.

Back