• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Ice Blue [FINAL VERSION 2.0 COMPLETED] NEW FAKEMON & MORE!

Years
  • This is probably the worst romhack I have ever played; and yes, I played Metal Red and Dark Rising before.

As soon as I started the game I couldn't access my home PC. I could access this at the Pokémon Center later, so that's no big deal.

There are a lot of grammar / spelling mistakes in this hack, which probably means that not even a single proofreading was made upon inserting the custom texts. Two examples: when I went downstairs and talked to my mum, she talks about something called "ATRICUNO". There is also a forest called "Elmwood Forrest" in the game.

The icon sprites at the Pokémon info screen and which Pokémon you get are inconsistent. I started with Muttpup but it has Poochyena icon in the summary screen. Caught Litten later but it shows as Skitty.

Some newer Pokémon sprites are aligned horribly wrong; Alolan Raichu's sprite is the victim of this; its tail is obscured by my mon's stat panel.

Several in-game caves are plagiarised from vanilla games; this is one of the things that I can't forgive about this hack. Jormungandr Cave is Altering Cave, actually. Spooky Tunnel is Diglett's Cave. The house behind Snorlax is actually where the thievery happened in the game in Cerulean. This connects to the Phoenix Lair, which is Ember Spa. Rock Tunnel also exists, but it is heavily mutilated from vanilla.

But the biggest problem of this hack is the level curve. Now, you start with a level 15 mon, and the route to Jormungandr Cave has mons up to level 2-3 at best. Then you can enter Jormungandr Cave, and you almost immediately face a level 50-ish Gorochu or Salamence. This is very bad. Especially the final part of the game the level curve is out of wack. Entrance of the final mountain features level 58-ish Vanillishes (remember that I had mons with max. level 56 at this point and no sensible way to level them up quickly). Then, the Seafoam Islands-esque area contains level 60-65 Cryogonals and Spheals and whatnot. But after this, the next area contains level 77-78 Cloysters, Leafeons, and Walrein, as well as level 91 Mamoswines and Regices. And the summit of the mountain is linked to one of the Elite Four members' rooms where a level 100 Articuno awaits to be captured. And I was forced to use a Master Ball cheat to catch Articuno to finish the game (sorry kalarie, I had to do it; I can't spend time grinding my mons to level up 10 or 20 times in a hack like this).

Yeah, that's it. More power to you if you and your daughter are having fun playing this, but I'm sorry, I really didn't.

Last edited:
    Back