• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] pokemon incorrect name and number pokedex

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Hello all, I just started to make a pokemon game in version v19.1, but I ran into the problem that when adding a new pokemon the name of another pokemon appears and the pokedex number is ???, I can't solve it, can someone help me?

here I leave the pokemon.txt data and a screenshoot.

pokemon.txt :

[1001]
    Name = Torv
    InternalName = TORV
    Type1 = GRASS
    Type2 = POISON
    BaseStats = 45,49,49,45,65,65
    GenderRate = FemaleOneEighth
    GrowthRate = Parabolic
    BaseEXP = 64
    EffortPoints = 0,0,0,0,1,0
    Rareness = 45
    Happiness = 70
    Abilities = OVERGROW
    HiddenAbility = CHLOROPHYLL
    Moves = 1,TACKLE,3,GROWL,7,LEECHSEED,9,VINEWHIP,13,POISONPOWDER,13,SLEEPPOWDER,15,TAKEDOWN,19,RAZORLEAF,21,SWEETSCENT,25,GROWTH,27,DOUBLEEDGE,31,WORRYSEED,33,SYNTHESIS,37,SEEDBOMB
    TutorMoves = ATTRACT,BIND,CONFIDE,CUT,DOUBLETEAM,ECHOEDVOICE,ENERGYBALL,FACADE,FRUSTRATION,GIGADRAIN,GRASSKNOT,GRASSPLEDGE,HIDDENPOWER,KNOCKOFF,LIGHTSCREEN,NATUREPOWER,PROTECT,REST,RETURN,ROCKSMASH,ROUND,SAFEGUARD,SEEDBOMB,SLEEPTALK,SLUDGEBOMB,SNORE,SOLARBEAM,STRENGTH,SUBSTITUTE,SUNNYDAY,SWAGGER,SWORDSDANCE,SYNTHESIS,TOXIC,VENOSHOCK,WORKUP,WORRYSEED
    EggMoves = AMNESIA,CHARM,CURSE,ENDURE,GIGADRAIN,GRASSWHISTLE,GRASSYTERRAIN,INGRAIN,LEAFSTORM,MAGICALLEAF,NATUREPOWER,PETALDANCE,POWERWHIP,SKULLBASH,SLUDGE
    Compatibility = Monster,Grass
    StepsToHatch = 5120
    Height = 0.7
    Weight = 6.9
    Color = Green
    Shape = Quadruped
    Habitat = Grassland
    Kind = Seed
    Pokedex = Torv is a small whirlpool who loves to fly over whirlwinds, as he cannot fly by himself.
    Generation = 1
    BattlerPlayerX = -4
    BattlerPlayerY = 0
    BattlerEnemyX = 3
    BattlerEnemyY = 24
    BattlerShadowX = 0
    BattlerShadowSize = 1
    Evolutions = WINGED,Level,16

https://ibb.co/yNdm7F7

If I change the number from 1001 to 810, for example, the name of groudon appears
    i'm using v19.1 Hotfixes
    Sorry for my bad english. Thanks in advanced.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yes, i'm using Following Pokemon EX, Overworld Shadows EX and v19.1 Hotfixes, but I have tried without using it and it is not fixed, which gives me to understand that it has to be something else.

Years
  • Can you share your Pokemon.txt file? I don't see anything wrong with your "Torv" alone. I added that TORV Pokémon you created to my game, and It showed the name and internal correctly.

Years
  • Again, I put your txt file inside my game, and the names are correct. The only thing is when compiled, my game changed the internal number to 810. So, I don't know what is wrong with your game for real, sorry.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Don't worry thanks for trying, I think I'll go back to v18, v19 is all very changed and I don't like it.

Back