• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Infinity+1

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2011
    Well ive updated most things in the game graphics wise which is what im focusing on at the minute.

Spoiler:

The attached thumbnails that were here were old layouts but ive split that map in sections.
    First i've got some screenshots of it before i redone the graphics.

Map Shots

Spoiler:

Pokemon Available
    Spoiler:

On the story
    Spoiler:

Riding Dodrio eh?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    As there are only maps to comment on at the minute, I'll do that. Your map is horribly linear. It's too blocky and organised, which doesn't look good. Hopefully you're planning to mix up the tree lines to stop them from being straight lines, and moving your house tiles around in that area, too. It's also difficult to comment on the look of your tiles when they're half size and JPGed. :/

Still, keep going with this. I'm interested to see how a game like this might pan out, but you need to add a bit more work before we can really comment on it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback and your right that its horribly linear, this is a rough layout so things are subject to change. Im probably going to remove the top right section to a new map, bring the tree line down to the river and project them a bit here and there. I want to put an emphasise on a forested area and not just a border of trees so probably some new tree sprites will be needed. Its obviously not visible in that map but there are different weather effects on the different sides of the map.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    I noticed that the bulbasaur in one of your images is from a gen 1 card of bulbasaur. out of curiosity why use that as opposed to a sprite?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2011
    I noticed that the bulbasaur in one of your images is from a gen 1 card of bulbasaur. out of curiosity why use that as opposed to a sprite?

I suppose I like the pose of it better, I still have to edit it as it doesn't look 2 good at the moment. Its just so people see what I'm doing.

i have a few other pokemon done out roughly and most of the best poses are in trading cards as oppossed to sprites.. also I want the game to look alot different than other games so Im trying to stay away from images that are overused.

I also did charmander, its not finished but its from a trading card. It and the bulbasaur have been edited so they're not exact copies of the originals.. bulbasaur i added in the vines and charmanders tail in front of it so I moved it to the back

Last edited:

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    I like the fact that you have a seperate tile for shadows. lols am i the first one to spot that.

Back