• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon is a lot different than what it was at the begining

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2008
    Pokemon before was pretty much Gotta catch em all now it is pretty much Try to catch em all.

Also the card game has lost intrest.

Do you think Pokemon is going to keep changing for the best or worst?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    What are you talking about. Gotta and Try to? Are you saying there's too many?

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2008
    What are you talking about. Gotta and Try to? Are you saying there's too many?

Yes, they have madeto hard on a person to get every Pokemon because you pretty much have to buy a second game or a third and travel to events or spend time setting up trades.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    It makes it more of a challenge. Everyone loves a challenge don't they?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Wireless trade center says hi.

Although many people will disagree with me, I think Pokemon is better than it was in the Red and Blue days. Not that they were bad or anything, it's just that people make them look better than they really are. I suppose some of that has to do with that those were the games that they grew up with, but seriously, thats no reason to blindly praise them and say the new games are crap. I guess I'm done with my extremely short rant now. Goodbye.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Well i agree with you Vance a challenge is great but what about the 5 or so pokemon that can only be obtained through an event or cheating? Then what. Then it is try. But i do agree with you a challenge is great

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It makes it more of a challenge. Everyone loves a challenge don't they?
    Not when it's ridiculously tough as it is now.

Pokemon has apparently changed to the point where someone could get away with comparing the legendaires to the mecha in Power Rangers. That's all I know though. :|
    It's going downhill without a doubt.

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    Well, I've noticed a dramatic drop in Pokémon quality from the third gen (Hoenn) and forward. I mean, the 3 Regis/3 silly apes and all those new Pokémon just can't match the originality and the coolness of the first 251 IMO.
    The Hoenn region (the landscape and such) was nice though, can't really say the same for Sinnoh.
    Johto/Kanto had the finest Pokémon, Johto had the best designed overall map IMO.

Years
    I understand with the events pokemon. They do offer events to a lot of places once in a while (not widespread for every legenadry though) but I honestly don't think it was fair to those who never have the chance to see an event.

Especially since not all of them can be traded. It only encourages cheating.

It's all about money in the end. Nintendo, like most big companies, have little regard for the minority of their fanbase that are unable to take full advantage of the games.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    TC it seems you are just growing out of it..

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I doubt the phrase will change, but i agree, it is changing A LOT

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    The game just gets more complex with the time, but also better. I was really satisfied by this generation personally.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I honestly think that it varies...
    I didn't really like this generation with Diamond and Pearl. But I think they did get better before this gen...
    Yeah true about trying to catch them all..

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Completing the dex is easy, especially with WiFi trading. In fact, I'd say that it's even easier than it was in RBY- if you didn't know anyone else with the game, good luck on getting any version exclusives, along with the Eeveelutions, starters, and fossils. And without breeding, making a Live Pokedex was straight up impossible.

And the TCG is not boring. >:(

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    And look at what the difficulty of catching them all has given us. It's given us a game that we still play (not REplay, but still play the original file) even years after its release. In the original games, I could have gotten all 151 pokemon 3 times and then thrown the game away out of boredom in the amount of time that D/P has been out.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I loved the Johto days...

Games: Ruby/Emerald/Saphire sucked, I'm sorry... but that was the most unimpressive pokemon series... ever.

Anime: It's like they're trying to appeal with an even younger crowd now...

It feels...Corporate now.

Quiet Pichu

I'm The Man who can't be moved
    Years
    The series and the games are so over-rated now.
    Can't they stop using random named leagues I mean what the hell is Sinnoh?
    and the games.. Can't they stop using names of gems etc?

Back