• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Johto - Poor Reference.

Elite MarcoPolo

Life Is All About Variety!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2007
    Okay the point off all Pokemon Games is to be the Pokemon Master, by beating the game and catching all of the Pokemon and possibly getting them to level 100.

They made a new Hoen Region, a remake or really an introduction to the GBA Kanto.

What about Johto?
    They made Game Boy (Classic) and Game Boy Color Generation Pokemon Games, those to systems can inter-trade.
    GBA cannot "inter-trade" with the classic gameboys, even if you are playing a Classic game on it.

Before A moderator may lock this because they think it is pointless, I want to bring up a good discusion.

They added some Kanto and Johto Pokemon in the Hoen Region, and Some Johto Pokemon in the Kanto Region.

Basically, they also added the annoying Pokemon Collesuem (PC).
    So then all Pokemon can be caught in Kanto or Hoenn.
    WHAT ABOUT JOHTO?
    They can't just make new retarted islands in Kanto featuring Johto Pokemon, that's just bad, and you can get the Unown so easily, you won't know what hit you... (Ow that hurt)

In GSC, they included Kanto, because of the story.
    If they make a Johto remake how would they approach it without critisms?
    They would most-likely have Kanto and if they do, that will make FR/LG owners made for wasting their money, and introduce 2 region capturable Pokemon...

Or the Orange League in Kanto, can be it's own island???
    How do you think they are gonna approach it, if they do even???

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I personally loved the feature of going back to Kanto in GCS. When RSE came out, I had all the hopes that you could back through Johto AND Kanto. But I was let down. Only slightly.

I know a fair portion of Johto pokemon can be caught on the Sevii Islands, but not all of them (unless I'm greatly mistaken). Making it virtually impossible to completely fill your pokedex (unless in the National Dex, they somehow 'did away' with the GCS pokedex, and put all of the available GCS pokemon on the Kanto or Hoenn pokedex... I can't be sure.)

I wouldn't worry, I'm certain Nintendo has something up their sleeves.

Years
    yeh, i looved the gsc, and the only other pkmn game with day/night feature isnt even out where i live!!! nintendo just dosent know what it's doing!
    they should have released the joto on ds; then released d/p...
    also, i dont like the idea of joto/hoenn pokemon in fr/lg... it is a bloody remake, why add more pokemon!!??

Elite MarcoPolo

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2007
    @Nekroboi
    I hear you, those games are great, but they have to stop making new gameboy's!

Pokemon red/blue/yellow/green, etc. are on the classic GameBoy.
    Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal are on the GameBoy Color.
    Pokemon (Basically the Hoenn and Kanto region) games for GameBoyAdvance.
    Pokemon Pearl/Diamond for Nintendo DS.

Gameboy and GameBoy color cannot inter-trade, whats the point of that.

Gameboy advance and Nintendo DS can "trade" to a certain extent.

They need to finish what they started.
    Pokemon must be made for GameBoy Advance!

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    Sometimes i just don't get Nintendo's (and Game Freak's) train of thought with pokemon. Why make it more open on just the handhelds. I think they should make a MMO with every region included and with each pokemon in thier respective areas.

But yes, i'd love to see the Johto region in a future game, it was so mysterious. In fact I still have areas on my Gold I've never explored.

Just my two scents

Elite MarcoPolo

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2007
    Pokemon Thinks it is really popular and everyone plays it.
    WRONG!
    Honestly the only people I trade with is my friend.
    They expect everyone to walk down the street saying:
    "Who wants an Electebuzz, trade you for a Magmar, WOW A Magmar Ub3r p4wna4g3!"
    Lol Pokemon is not that popular as they think it is.

They really need to make GOOD POKEMON GAMES.

Pokemon XD, and the things for Gamecube are retarted, look it's a evil Ho-Oh lets catch it before, we do not catch it?

WTF?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    The Johto region rocked and it ruled, but they really should make a remake and not only putting in Kanto but also the O.I also that will make it better than any game. You are right about how they screwed the Johto Pokemon and threw them in Houen and Kanto, that makes them feel bad

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Elite MarcoPolo

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2007
    Lol. I want them to make it for GameBoy Advance because I am sick of all companies makig new game systems.

It is so annoying, I don't fart dollars out of my butt, I cannot afford buying a new system just for a game, even now, a handheld like PSP costs like $225 dollars.

I am not a bank!

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Lol. I want them to make it for GameBoy Advance because I am sick of all companies makig new game systems.

It is so annoying, I don't fart dollars out of my butt, I cannot afford buying a new system just for a game, even now, a handheld like PSP costs like $225 dollars.

I am not a bank!

I know where your coming from, however pokemon gamers nowadays are demanding improved features in the new versions of the pokemon games and if they were just to stick with the GBA system then it would set back a number of things such as the enchacment of graphics. If no one actually bought the game then they wouldnt bother making newer versions of the pokemon games on developed new handheld consoles, but because pokemon games sells in large amounts they will need to indroduce new features to the pokemon games so that they can keep record sales up. By sticking with the GBA it prevents them from doing this.

~Kipper~

Elite MarcoPolo

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2007
    Dammit!
    They need to screw everything up for us.
    They need to make 3 games just for Hoenn, and 3 games for Johto, etc.

They can make 1 friggin game to catch all of the region's Pokemon!

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    i totally agree

when u defeat the elite 4 on r/s/e and u end up in ur room after the credits? when u go downstairs, ur dad gives u an ss ticket. i was %^£$*&* mental when i found out it was only for that ss tidal thing and that u can only take it to battle tower (whats that all about?), lilycove and slateport, and the only thing u can find is leftovers! explain yourself, nintendo!!!! ur playing with fire!!!

pokemaniac93, over and out

Years

A game with every region in it would be alot of fun. I would definitely buy it but I am annoyed that they keep making new consoles for the Poke'mon games. I do not have enough money to spend hundreds of dollars every time a new console comes out so that I can spend more money on the newest Poke'mon game. I don't have enough for the D.S. so I can't get Diamond or Pearl.:disappoin

Back