• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Land Sea Disputes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
    most ten year olds cannot even save their allowance from bullies, so by that are you saying that the entire pokemon franchise, every fan game, webcomic, and fanfic is wrong in saying that in a game, a ten year old can save the world? If your answer is yes, then why are you a member of the pokecomunity?

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    You can tilt it to any angle you like, but that does not negate the fact that you're not catering to a large audience of five/six year olds; you're catering to nasty critics like me, for example. We wish to hear new tunes, not the same, cliched stuff over and over again.

And what is the protagonist saving the world from? You have not yet established any decent, world-threatening problem. The possessed maniacs go from region to region? Yeah...you really should consider some of my points instead of brushing them off because I am not the only one saying this.
    ~

Now, on your point to Theik--the world was never saved by a single ten year-old. Strength in numbers...I credit DPPt to Saturn, Player, Rival, and Cynthia...RSE to Player, Steven, Wallace, Archie, and Maxie...there's at least one adult per list. No ten year-old single-handedly stopped the foes in either of those two pkmn games, and let's get one thing stright: these plots are not any good.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Yes, true. If you want to cut it by using the norms found from the original games, you're not. Which blows this whole idea to pieces. Being original is not optional- it's necessary. You're going to need supporting characters, rising action, exposition, you know, what you might find in a coherent piece of writing. So far, all I see is a character thrown into a poorly constructed world all alone, without any redeeming factors. What makes this game more interesting than any other? How does this game have enough plot to even carry through one region (I would figure the plot could feasibly only last about as long as R/S/E, which was intermittent in the first place)?

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
    I never said that the hero/heroin would be the only person that was fighting for the sake of the world, if people are put in life threatening situations, they are going to try to fix it. Jhoto is geographically lower than kanto, so the flood waters also go to jhoto. A drought does not just stay over one island, it will spread all over the place.

I am not brushing off your ideas, however, I cannot take every idea from every single person that gives one, because if ANYone did, their game would be terrible.

On the subject of the nintendo games, Nintendo obviously does have good plot ideas, or they would not have been some of the best selling games of all time, and withought nintendo and the pokemon company, pokemon would not exist, so everyone in the community can thank nintendo for making a wonderful franchise

EDIT- also, I have used some of your ideas, check the first post

Another Edit- update
    Pokemon Land Sea Disputes

The top two and the one on the left are pictures of new bark town and route 29. The fourth is a town in the koro region that I have not yet decided a name for

Last edited:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    This again? Have you actually changed anything other than the few maps you added in? Well, I suppose I'll give it a second chance, but just one thing: your maps. You do realize that without a way to actually SCALE the mountains on route 57, all that work will be for nothing.
    Secondly, don't be afraid of the back edges of mountains! A little problem solving could help you out. Use layers to stack mountains in one space at the back, and then you'll have a cleaner look, and will actually be able to put grass on that one line. Plus, Route 56 has a tree glitch somewhere, just look closely and you'll see.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Uhh, it came back...?
    I am not brushing off your ideas, however, I cannot take every idea from every single person that gives one And why not?, because if ANYone did, their game would be terrible You, sir, have a lot of learning to do. Even the most mundane projects recognise that anything good must be criticised and shaped by others; why do you think there are TEAMS of writers for professional games and not only a one? One person's ideas are too slanted to be good. While you cannot take every last idea, you should take as many as you can because we all see from different vantage points and, ultimately, can help your game appeal to a wider audience. And where's this everyone you speak of, anyways :S.

On the subject of the nintendo games, Nintendo obviously does have good plot ideas Uhh, no? Gamefreak's games are pretty plotless..., or they would not have been some of the best selling games of all time Don't be naiive; you know that a fun game will sell better than a well-written and dramatic one. The catch-22 here is that you're probably using RMXP, so your game won't be any more fun than 80% of the other fangames..., and withought nintendo and the pokemon company, pokemon would not exist, so everyone in the community can thank nintendo for making a wonderful franchise ...sure? What does this have to dom with anytthing? When you work for Gamefreak, get back to me...for now, you cannot defer to them.

Could you consider a little plot improvement instead of stubbornness? I'm not going to use names, but, using the word 'stuborn', some users here should come to mind...you do realise that I'm here to help, right?[/b]
    How come there are so many flowers on the route with the screenshot?

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
    To any people that might possibly actually like this game, I have asked avatar to close the thread. this game is just not happening

This again? Have you actually changed anything other than the few maps you added in? Well, I suppose I'll give it a second chance, but just one thing: your maps. You do realize that without a way to actually SCALE the mountains on route 57, all that work will be for nothing.
    Secondly, don't be afraid of the back edges of mountains! A little problem solving could help you out. Use layers to stack mountains in one space at the back, and then you'll have a cleaner look, and will actually be able to put grass on that one line. Plus, Route 56 has a tree glitch somewhere, just look closely and you'll see.

I am still learning with scripts, so you are right that the maps are the only major changes as of yet, although as I become a better scriptor, there will be several systems added. What do you mean about scaling the mountains? are you suggested taht I make the mountains look groomed after I was criticized so much about groomed maps? I noticed the tree glitch and have fixed it, I just haven't had time to do the updated map picture

Uhh, it came back...?

How come there are so many flowers on the route with the screenshot?

I will have a few overworld pokemon standing there, probably a first form pokemon, just to add a little cuteness
    And I have used several of your ideas, the island that is cubical has been redone, I will soon post the new picture; and I find it hard to believe that you came to the pokecomunity before you played any of the nintendo games; I do realize that you are trying to help and I am very grateful for many of your ideas, and I am considering changing several parts of the plot; that is one of the reasons that I asked avatar to move the game to the plot and story idea space rather than the game showcase.

Thank you all for posting in my thread again, I have a new update coming soon that I think many of you will like

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back