• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon LavaFire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
Years
  • Sphere is probably the best as its most customizable. RPG Maker 2k/2k3 is the easiset. Most people choose RPG Maker as it is easier. So if you want a powerful game use sphere. A easy to make/edit game RPG Maker 2k(3). I am not sure about Game Maker but its somewhere in the middle.

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
  • its hard to start off with but with practice it will be easier (I am no good at it but...)

Silver Pearl

Vote ME for President!
    Years
  • if this goes off-topic forever im not gonna have any staffs on my game.. :(
    i dont make good games thats why. oh yeah and you guys are gonna argue of which rmk, sphere, etc is better and no need to argue about whiches better (i just said that) because its our personal opinion.

Last edited:

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Pokeflute said:
    if this goes off-topic forever im not gonna have any staffs on my game.. :(
    i dont make good games thats why. oh yeah and you guys are gonna argue of which rmk, sphere, etc is better and no need to argue about whiches better (i just said that) because its our personal opinion.
    Depends if you've made lots of games before

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Okay, this is really off topic. But why would I want to stop the natural flow of a conversation? That would be mean, wouldn't it. Until we have updates, lets just continue dabating.

My opinions:
    Game Maker is BEST for platforming/puzzle games, though it can be applied for other games
    RPGM is BEST for RPGs, though it can be applied for other games

THEREFORE: RPGM is inherintly easier for making an RPG-style game, even if RPGM users do have to make custom everything to fit the style of a pro game.

GameMaker is best if you pay. If you do, it trumps RPGM with particals and online. But RPGM is easier for n00bs and has the power to customize for advanced users, so that's why it's the engine of choice for most. As far as sphere is concerned, my position is that if you want to learn JS to program a 2D game, you might as well just go into the realm of 3D

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    I'd agree With DM. I've been programming for 10 years, and its my opinion that sphere is probably the best development tool for making Rpg's, except you will need more time, effort, and some knowledge of coding. Rm2k3 is a very good system with pokemon games, that allows for quick and efficient design and build. It may not be able to do as much as Sphere, but, development processes could excellerate quicker. Game maker, which I have used, was not specifically designed for rpg design, like the ones listed, and is not as efficient for this field of design. Albiet the design is efficient, just not for an Rpg, specifically a pokemon game, though it could be used.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Okay, since the flow of conversation has already been interrupted, I might as well go ahead and say that all off topic posts from here on will be burned. Or something like that :P Thanks guys

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • Sorry for this Darkmage but I just got to say this to umbreon.

"ANOTHER RM2K GAME? Whoa RM2K getting way too popular! "
    I might be wrong but how can you say that when you said you tried sphere to make a pokemon but you couldn't so you went back to rpg maker.

"Game Maker is better and all the rest of game dev environments."
    "Well since no one on this forum has tried Game Maker...I WONDER!!!"
    No offense but that is one of most ignorant things you could say on this topic.
    I've worked with all three of the engines in question quite extensively and it seems to me if you go to game maker for more freedom and end making an rpg in it you backtrack slightly even though sphere is available for making rpg's.
    The only reason I see why people would go to game maker for making an rpg is the bigger communtiy.

This just my opinion about people using leet speek or what ever its called or maybe it just a stereo type that only noobs use it but when some one has "Sphere is teh r0x0r$" underneath their name you know that person doesn't know what they are talking about when it comes to sphere.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back