• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LeafGreen hack: Pokemon Leaf Green Balanced Alolan Edition

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
A few months ago I made Pokemon Leaf Green Balanced edition, a hack that gave all pokemon a base stat total of 600. If you want to learn more about it here is the link: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=368796

But since then players have beaten the game and have asked for a more challenging version. This version not only adds challenge but also adds more content while keeping all of the features I added in the Vanilla version of Leaf Green Balanced Edition.
List of Features:
  • Much Harder Gym Leaders
  • Harder trainers
  • The game is much less linear, allowing players to travel and beat gym leaders at their own pace.
  • National Dex available early on
  • Gen 3 and 2 pokemon available early for better team building options
  • Most Alolan forms have been added to the game

New pokemon Added to the game:
  • Alolan Rattata
  • Alolan Raticate
  • Alolan Raichu
  • Alolan Sandshrew
  • Alolan Sandslash
  • Alolan Vulpix
  • Alolan Ninetales
  • Alolan Meowth
  • Alolan Exeggutor
  • Alolan Marowak
  • Alolan Persian
  • Mega Salamence
  • Froakie
  • Frogadier
  • Greninja
  • Lucario
  • Mega Lucario
  • Rowlet
  • Dartrix
  • Decidueye

Pokemon Cut:
  • Swablu
  • Altaria
  • Poochyena
  • Mightyena
  • Seedot
  • Nuzleaf
  • Shiftry
  • Lotad
  • Lombre
  • Ludicolo
  • Poochyna
  • Mightyena
  • Zigzagoon
  • Linoone
  • Wurmple
  • Silcoon
  • Beautifly
  • Cascoon
  • Dustox
  • Registeel
  • Regirock
  • Regice

Credit:
Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource
Gen. VII Pokémon GBA Sprite Repository (64x64)
Big thank you to all the users/artists who made the Alolan/Mega sprites. Without you this hack would not be possible!!

Tools used:
YAPE (lol): Silver314
Advance map: LU-HO Poké
Move Editor: FinalZero
Type Resistance Editor: FinalZero
Advance Trainer: Hackmew
Advanced Series: Wichu

Q&A
1. Where do I get the Tea?
A: The Tea can be now found near the Youngster at the beginning of the Viridian Forest.

2. Where can I obtain the National Dex?
A: On Route 1, you will see a trainer. Speaking to them will give you a blank text. But if you have already been given a Pokedex, he will upgrade it to National Dex.

3. What if I run into a bug/ have questions about stat?
A: You can PM me, but i'd prefer if you'd message this board, that way if others have a similar question, they can get the answer. But it doesn't matter either way ;)

Download Link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/f2a2x3x1l016nyq/Pokemon_LeafGreen_Balanced_Alolan_Version.ips
Version 2:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sdbg0s3elwlt0ra/2-Version.ips
Version 3:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/uwe6n6kt4d9fk5q/LeafGreen_Balanced_Alolan_Mode_V3.ips/file
Version 3 with no Johto Cuts:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/l54jowj7635d79l/LeafGreen_Balanced_Alolan_Mode_V3_NJC_Edition.ips/file

If you need help installing the game contact me on my Discord at @Halcyon#3476. For general questions post below.

Attachments

• Pokemon LeafGreen Balanced Alolan.PNG
    Pokemon LeafGreen Balanced Alolan.PNG
    5.9 KB · Views: 278
  • Pokemon LeafGreen Balanced Challenge Mode - Copy.png
    Pokemon LeafGreen Balanced Challenge Mode - Copy.png
    6 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
I enjoyed a good chunk of the first Balanced hack, but I hated the fact you cut out pokemon at all. We have rom bases with 650 pokemon, or even 720, so why limit yourself? Yes, you switch from a Leaf Green base to a FireRed base but is it that much of a difference?
I enjoy the idea, but I can not stand the fact you needed to remove pokemon at all. In the original, I wasn't fond of Mega pokemon since I think it's a terrible gimmick. I do like the alolan forms, but again, why remove pokemon to fit them? It's a third gen game. Why not make it the best third gen game possible?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
Good question Z34guy! The answer is that simply put, the more pokemon there are, the more difficult it is to balance them all. The original Leafgreen Balanced Edition took about a year to balance out all 386 pokemon. In the first version, several pokemon were broken in some way or another, as my beta testers pointed out. If you look at Gamefreak today, they rarely try to balance the game. With about 800 pokemon, I don't blame them.

Second, when I first started this project I made the mistake of using LeafGreen instead of FireRed. I didn't do it to be a hipster, I just should have been paying more attention X(. But at that time, I had a co-developer, an adviser, and several beta testers. But currently, there is just me. I am working on Pokemon Heartgold Balanced, and I would like to take a 650 emerald base and balance them all out, but again, I am only one person. If I can get a team started that would be wonderful.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Sorry. I think you misunderstood me. I have a hard time sometimes trying to express what I want to via words.
Ahem. Why ADD pokemon or forms from newer generations at ALL? Why cut pokemon out of the game at all to fit them? Why not just make the best third gen game with what the third gen had to offer pokemon-wise and adding a few events?

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Is the P/S split in this? Were stats, movepools, abilities, etc. played with at all?

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Is the P/S split in this? Were stats, movepools, abilities, etc. played with at all?

Not sure about the P/S split, but by balanced, he means that every pokemon has had their stats, abilities and movepools played with to make them actually useful. All pokemon in the original balanced game had a combined stat of 600 or better.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2017
You should try making this into a Showdown Pet Mod. Also about the "own pace" Gym fighting thing, does that mean once I get Surf I can fight the Cinnabar Gym immediately?

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Not sure about the P/S split, but by balanced, he means that every pokemon has had their stats, abilities and movepools played with to make them actually useful. All pokemon in the original balanced game had a combined stat of 600 or better.
Okay, but is there documentation for this? Thanks for the response.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
I think I get what you're saying Z34guy. Would you like a version that focuses solely on Generations 1-3? I am working on Pokemon Heartgold Balanced, which will contain Gens 1-4. But I could make a version of Pokemon Leafgreen with all gens 1-3 as a side project if you'd be interested in it. Pokemon Emerald Balanced edition is also in the planning stage, but no work has been done on it and it will likely be started around Mid-2017.

Ablahblah987 yes Z34guy is indeed correct. Stat, Movepools, and abilities were all modified to make each and every pokemon ingame more valuable, viable, and overall unique. Sometimes typing is changed too, such as Charizard becoming a Fire/Dragon. The Physical/Special split was not added. I don't mind the split, it will be in Heartgold Balanced, and it may be in Emerald balanced. But many Gen 1, 2, and 3 lovers aren't familiar with/don't care for the split. And they aren't shy about complaining XD
http://www.smogon.com/articles/physical-special-split
there is unfinished documentation. I'm currently creating basic visuals of gen 2 pokemon. Once I finish the basic visual, a more detailed version will be released. Here are all of the Gen 1/Alolan visual stat sheets. https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mdbxm13k9lozs/Stats

Yerpsnerp yes once you get surf you can immediately travel to Cinnabar Island. Have fun!

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Yes, I'd be interested in one that focuses on gens 1-3 based on either FireRed, Leafgreen or Emerald.
I can't stand Mega evolutions because it seems like such a gimmick to me. With Mega Evolutions being temporary, it seems no different to me than digivolutions... and this isn't Digimon.
Also, if you do do one, don't do it just for me. Most people will just see me as trying to nitpick. Also, an updated pickup table would be nice. No one ever seems to touch the pick up tables in hacks.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
First off:
Both The Alolan and Vanilla versions of Leafgreen Balanced have a mistake. Grass types are NOT super effective against ground types.
I've updated both links so for V4 of Leafgreen Balanced the one and only Alolan version link, simply redownload the ips. files that have now been updated.

Z34guy I've decided to call the Gen 1-3 hack Pokemon FireRed Balanced Edition, since i'll be working with FireRed for that one. I'm personally not a big fan of gimmicks. Would you suggest using something like
Mr.Dollsteak's patch? And should I put it in progressing hacks and slowly update it, or would it be better just to release the completed version whenever its ready?

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
First off:
Both The Alolan and Vanilla versions of Leafgreen Balanced have a mistake. Grass types are NOT super effective against ground types.
I've updated both links so for V4 of Leafgreen Balanced the one and only Alolan version link, simply redownload the ips. files that have now been updated.

Z34guy I've decided to call the Gen 1-3 hack Pokemon FireRed Balanced Edition, since i'll be working with FireRed for that one. I'm personally not a big fan of gimmicks. Would you suggest using something like
Mr.Dollsteak's patch? And should I put it in progressing hacks and slowly update it, or would it be better just to release the completed version whenever its ready?

I actually enjoy the physical/special split so Mr.Dollsteak's patch would be great. Games with the P/S split are easier for me to wrap my head around. I never could wrap my head around the idea that Fire Punch was considered a special attack in gen 3. As to the game, take your time and release it when it's ready in the sideshow showcase. No one's rushing anything. Hell, even if you never release it, I'd be happy. Your games so far have been fairly decent quality, all things considered.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
Z34guy would you mind if I change the starters, or the locations of pokemon?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2017
ive trained rowlet up to 20 but he just suddenly stops when it shows him evolving, it did the same with alola rattata

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
That means that you haven't yet updated your Pokedex. Go to Route 1 and talk to the guy in the green coat. He will update your pokedex. Then Rowlet will be able to evolve. ;)

Back