• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Liquid

How d oyou think I'm progressing on this game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Yes, it's supposed to be like that.

I'm gonna say this again. Yes, there are bugs. Alot, but I only released a demo so that people could tell me what to improve on and what didn't work. If people don't talk or the grass doesn't have an effect, then I haven't put it in that area. The menu is not finished yet, so no, the pokemon won't be visible.

I still need a couple of spriters for 50 new pokemon.

And DarkDoom,
    I don't know how anyone can live without walmart. It's every store roled into one.

@Krim: I don't know, but if they don't have them in Diamond and pearl, then it won't be at it's full potential.

Edit: I put the trainer card machine in. This means your name will show up on your trainer card, and there's a machine in the professor's lab that actually does something.lol.

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Yah, I'll make sure to "leep" it up.XD

Hey, RM2K3KID, did you ever make a world map, or a sketch to show how the region is supposed to look?

Edit: And if anyone wants to help, you can make a custom name menu for RM2K3. I'm going to use a rip from RSE for now, but if you want your name in the credits then I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    ow do ya make a custom naming system...??

it would be hard lots of events, like for each letter for each space...if there was 10 slots for name input...( like 10 letters for the name) then that would mean theres 141,167,095,653,376 diffrent names...

Thats a lot

keep it up anyway!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    What I did was make the hero enter his/her name at startup likie usual. Then, after the hero talks to the professor, he has to use the trainer card machine before he can leave the lab. I made it to where you can only have six letters on the trainer card. So, I sprited a letter tileset and had 26 pages on each event, that each had if condition var:name(1,2,3,4,5,6)=(1-26) and applied the charset.

It's really not hard, Just alot of eventing and a whole lot of time.

DarkDoom3000

Years
    For the trainer card?,

Why dont you do what I did, just make a message showing, but make the textbox in the middle, make the text box transparent...

and make it type name with \n[1]....

Anyway
    keep it up!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    I want it to be like the original. Your way is fine, but I like the trainer card machine idea.

Okay, question for RM2K3KID: How did you get the numbers to appear back to back on the trainer card(no spaces between them)? I took your number charset and replaced the numbers with the font from RSE. I had to have two chaarsets, but I made them exactly how you made the numbers, and put them into the events exactly how you put them in the money events, but it didn't work. I have the basic structure laid out, but it's not working right now.

Edit: Nevermind. I found the part in the autostart event at the top of the map. WOW, I never would have thought of that, but it's genius.

Edit: I got the name system to wrk, but I have to fix some spacing problems, like with Z in this picture. I'm alo going to extend the character limit to 7, as that's what the GameBoy uses. I noticed that when I couldn't enter my full name, CHARZAR, which is the name I use on all of my GB games, which is also why there's a save named CHARZAR in the Demo. Well, here's a pic:
    Pokemon Liquid

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Looking great! I'm glad you had the idea of making a trainer card printer (I would have never thought of it :S). Keep it up!
    Cya! ;)!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Hey guys, I need your help.

I really need a background for the TCMachine. I ripped the one from FR but it looks like crap when you stretch it out. The dimensions I need are 320x240. I'm in no hurry and I could do this by myself, but once again, this is a way to get your name in the credits.

Edit: Hey, I applied the wait 0 sec. thing to all of my common events and it stopped it from lagging alot. My computer is running kind of slow so I don't know if it's running completely smooth or if it's my computer. I'll restart my computer after my downloads are finished and see what happens.

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

DarkDoom3000

Years
    I really need a background for the TCMachine. I ripped the one from FR but it looks like crap when you stretch it out. The dimensions I need are 320x240. I'm in no hurry and I could do this by myself, but once again, this is a way to get your name in the credits.
    Whats a TC machine?, and is there one on FR/LG!?!?!?!?

keep it up!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    I'm going to have the hero enter their name in the intro as usual. After you talk to the professor for the first time, he'll ask you to goto the trainer card machine and enter your name in the trainer database. This allows the trainer card to display the hero's name without text boxes. It also sort of bugs me that in the GBA games you start with a triner card before you even start on your quest. Anyways, it's a solution to a problem that I had to think about.

Edit: I'm going to start taking people to add as trainers in Liquid as soon as I figure out how many I need. When I tell you I'm taking trainers, here's the information you need to give me:
    1. The number of your request. I'll only be taking a certain amount of trainers,
    so the first person to request will put one, the nhe next person will put
    two. please do this, I don't wantr to have to ignore a request because
    somebody tries to lie.
    2. Your Name
    3. Your Pokemon
    4. Difficulty
    5. You sprite(add one if it's a custom sprite)
    6. Gender

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

Years
    Wow looks awesome, i cant hack or anything but if u would like some new pokemon i got lots of sketches

I didnt see that before i would love to be a trainer

Trainer info
    Name Jack (not my real name)
    Pokemon doesnt matter but if its ok i would like a scizor, steelix and maybe a scyther
    Difficulty Hard
    I cant sprite...
    Male

Please it would be fun being a trainer

Last edited by a moderator:

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    1. Don't triple post, edit your posts from before.
    2. I said don't request yet.
    3. I might put you in the game if I have enough spots at the end of the request
    period. SRRY, but you have to follow the rules.

Edit:This is not a hack, It's a game made with RM2K3. It's made from scratch(well, sort of). And yes, I'm looking for about 50 new pokemon and would love to see what you've got.

Edit:Due to pokecommunity cutting off every twenty minutes, I'm mainly going to be updating in my forum. The link is in my sig, and so that I can start getting people there, I'll only be taking trainers for my game in the thread there. Tobbelin, that means you get asecond chance.

Now, I'm thinking about searching on the internet and finding fake pokemon and making them better. If you goto Serebii, there are two from there that I'm going to use. I still needa spriter though.

Edit: Well' it looks like PC is back up at the moment, soo I'll post.

I really need somebody to help me figure out which colors the footprints need to be for the snow. That's right, snow footpriints. I'm going to us the same footprints as the beach, but a different color. I feel they need to be real dark blue, but I cna't figure out the color. If anyone can help, that'd be great.

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Hey, hows things? thats good.
    Anyway about those footprints... didnt you like the ones I made? If you havent seen them look at the snow_fp.xyz its in the character sets.. or better yet look on the Mt Sabre map.. thats where the footprints were used.
    Well cya and good luck! ;)!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Oh, Why do I keep skipping over things? Ilooked all over that map and didn't see the events and didn't think the snow footprints would be on a dif charset. They look good for the type of snow you used them on, but I may need a different color for the other snow. It looks like those will look good though.

Okay for new news: I just bought a midi keyboard so now I can actually make more music for the game. Believe me, this won't be crappy, as I'm pretty skilled as a musician. The only problem is that I don't have a midi to pc cord. Does anybody here know where to get one cheap? I looked all over the internet and rhe cheapest I found were $20, and that's on ebay. I'll be able to get one in a couple of weeks, but I really need it now.

Anyways,it's good to se somebody post.XD I plan on finishing up the battle system soon, so there will be more scrrens soon. Also, I've decided to put a clothing system in, but it's going to be much different than Illusion's or anybody elses.

We'll any feedback or comments are welcome.

Thanks,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

DarkDoom3000

Years
    Wow, cool, tell me when i can post my ultra cool trainer!!

I suck at music...hope you find a good cord thing...

Keep it up!

jadey

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2006
    PokeCreator_09 i sent you a message about maybe helping spriting but i haven't heard from you yet :(

but i love the way this is looking so far!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back