• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Metallic (2nd Release) (Pokemon Gold Hack)

How should legendaries be included in the game?

• Make them unobtainable, but make it possible to see them for the PokeDex.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I'd like to share my thoughts. Keep in mind that these are merely my opinions and you are free to ignore them.

Bulbasaur - I would recommend Ground-Typing so that it differentiates from your Charmander and gains access to STAB Ground for Steel-Types.

Charmander - I agree with this, but not immediately. You should wait until its a Charizard, THEN make it a Dragon-Type. So both Charmander and Charmeleon stay Fire, then Charizard becomes Fire/Dragon.

Squirtle - No arguments here. Would make him a lot more interesting.

Chikorita - Chikorita and its evolutions are based off of an extinct dinosaur, so why not Grass/Rock? You'd be taking a hit off of fossil Pokémon and give Chikorita a unique typing that's very effective.

Cyndaquil - If you take my advice above, try Fire/Ground. If not, then I agree with Fire/Rock. Similar to Charizard, I recommend waiting until it evolves into Quilava. Quilava and Typhlosion are known as the Volcano Pokémon, so it makes sense.

Totodile - Water/Dark would be what I would go for. Its a great typing and it fits Totodile and its evos.

Sentret - That works. It spaces it out from other Normal-Types and gives it two immunities.

You're doing a good job bud. Keep it up.

I'm loving these ideas you've presented. :) definitely gonna consider these for sure. Nobody else had any ideas and the ones you posed are super nice too :D. Also, I was planning on doing what you said with making the secondary type come in in its final form especially charizard. :p
    Thank you so much for the input. It's very much appreciated and needed here. :)

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I would agree with Typhlosion being fire/ground, the latter is the type a lot of other rom hacks give to it mainly, same with Feraligator being water/dark.

The Bulbasaur line makes zero sense being dragon personally, they are plant dinosaurs after all and I think staying Grass/Poison is fine. Its the only starter line across the entire series to be part poison after all.

The Chikorita line I feel is the one starter of them all to hugely benifit from having the Fairy type added had it exist in this hack, but since it ain't I suppose Rock would be a interesting thing to try, for a lack of a better secondary typing to think of.

As for the rest, I agree with Aurane, especially keeping Dragon away from the Charmander line till it becomes 'Zard.

Aurane

💀
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 2, 2018
    I'm loving these ideas you've presented. :) definitely gonna consider these for sure. Nobody else had any ideas and the ones you posed are super nice too :D. Also, I was planning on doing what you said with making the secondary type come in in its final form especially charizard. :p
    Thank you so much for the input. It's very much appreciated and needed here. :)
    You're welcome, bud. Always happy to lend a second opinion.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    keep bulbasaur grass/poison, and make sure it get access to sludge bomb. Few rom hacks ever give bulbasaur's line sludge bomb in gen 2. Venusaur also needs earthquake.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    keep bulbasaur grass/poison, and make sure it get access to sludge bomb. Few rom hacks ever give bulbasaur's line sludge bomb in gen 2. Venusaur also needs earthquake.

I can see what you're saying :) however the point of the hack is to change things around including the typing, moves, evos, stats, all that. So I was thinking Bulbasaur may be used as grass/ground. Every edited Pokémon learns four different types of moves throughout their growth (usually stops at about lvl 40-50) so it having poison type moves would definitely be a thing especially since sludge bomb's edited stats are great. The only reason I thought of dragon was solely because of its dinosaur roots and because I didn't have many other ideas. I do believe on the original note with Bulbasaur it was written with Grass/Ground as an optional type ;) so I'll probably be going with that. Yes, he will learn Earthquake, or preferably the new strongest ground move, Fissure. :p

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I would agree with Typhlosion being fire/ground, the latter is the type a lot of other rom hacks give to it mainly, same with Feraligator being water/dark.

The Bulbasaur line makes zero sense being dragon personally, they are plant dinosaurs after all and I think staying Grass/Poison is fine. Its the only starter line across the entire series to be part poison after all.

The Chikorita line I feel is the one starter of them all to hugely benifit from having the Fairy type added had it exist in this hack, but since it ain't I suppose Rock would be a interesting thing to try, for a lack of a better secondary typing to think of.

As for the rest, I agree with Aurane, especially keeping Dragon away from the Charmander line till it becomes 'Zard.

Think I'm probably going with Bulbasaur as a Ground/Grass type and Typhlosion as a Fire/Ground type. There may be no original poison starters but my game has Sandshrew as a starter who is Ground/Poison. I will be keeping dragon off of Char until it hits Charizard. Thanks so much for your input. :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Oddly enough the overall apperance of the bulbasaur line hints it wasnt based on a dinosaur but a mamallian therapsid (characteristiics being the leathery skin, differentiating teeth, and notably the external ear flaps in particular), and one or two are believed to have been venomous sort of like the modern komodo dragon. But I see your reasoning overall.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Oddly enough the overall apperance of the bulbasaur line hints it wasnt based on a dinosaur but a mamallian therapsid (characteristiics being the leathery skin, differentiating teeth, and notably the external ear flaps in particular), and one or two are believed to have been venomous sort of like the modern komodo dragon. But I see your reasoning overall.

You make a compelling argument here. :o

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I?m looking for Pok?mon to edit that haven?t already been edited. List your Pok?mon and what you think it?s types/stats etc should be. (:

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 14, 2018
    i've played like 30 hacks so far and this is 1 of my favourites

i can't really explain why i like it that much, its just some kind of magical, its a SPESHUL game

all the little details and everything ... wow! i know it's just an improvement of Gold but i really find GREAT DELIGHT in playing it

LOL i've even registered to say that and to express my wish for more gbc type games like pokemon prism, but i can imagine how unbelievably time consuming it must be to develop something like that

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 14, 2018
    don't know if it has been mentioned yet, there's a small glitch in Fuchsia City: when u enter the Warden's House u can't get out anymore, at least that happened to me

still luving that game very much, its my favourite right next to Prism

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    don't know if it has been mentioned yet, there's a small glitch in Fuchsia City: when u enter the Warden's House u can't get out anymore, at least that happened to me

still luving that game very much, its my favourite right next to Prism

Thank you so much!! I am so glad that you're enjoying the game. It's unfinished so the second region has a ton of glitches that I have yet to fix yet. Thank you for pointing that out for me though, I will list it in the original forum. The game may not be finished for a while as my laptop is almost completely dead and if I mess with it too much I just may lose all of the data I've entered :( I'll be posting updates as soon as I get a chance. Again, thank you for your kind words <3

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Update for you guys. I don't know when this hack is going to be finished. My laptop is very old and it's on its last limb. My fear is that if I mess with it too much that I may lose all of the data that I've done and the data for the newest version to come. I apologize to you guys so much, I honestly have been so sad not being able to work on it for you guys as this has been one of the funnest experiences for me. I do plan to finish this hack eventually as soon as I get access to a laptop that works and I can transfer the data via flash drive. To be honest I'm unsure how I even did as much as I did on it for the time I did. It was extremely difficult to work with as the internet does not connect anymore whether I'm close to WiFi or not and not to mention, the hinges of the screen are broken and don't even hold the screen up by itself unless it's leaned against something. I do have plans for another hack after this, but first things first, I really want to finish this one up this one especially for all of you who have supported, played and given feedback. I apologize again for all the delays as I know how common this is for people making hacks. However, rest assured I'll be doing more with this game as soon as I can no matter how long it may take. Thank you all for your support, especially this being my very first hack, it flatters me that I've had even a small following with it. I'll keep you guys updated as I go. :)
    -Baylor (Metallic Creator)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    Make legendaries give a challenge to player after its done u can battle to capture them

Back