• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon MMO

sobeman459

????????
Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen May 3, 2007
    Okay i havent been around in awhile and my scripting has inproved and i have the full MMO system. If i start how many would be interested in making this and helping me out? I know how i would go about it. What do you guys think?

-Sobeman459

EDIT:All i want to know is if i do this will i have support cause i do not want it to go to waste.

Last edited:

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • I think I have a simpler idea for you than making an entire mmorpg. Make a union room for w/e game and that'll be that.

sobeman459

????????
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen May 3, 2007
    I know i could pull it off with time but mappers and writers would need to help.
    Ovously we wil need a much larger world then the gameboy games and new gyms.
    Please pitch story ideas. so i can get to work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    There is always a couple of these projects going on. Before seeing what people have to offer you, what do you have to offer the people? What skills do you have?

I know how i would go about it.
    Well then, how would you go about it?

I'm sure such a project would conjure up much support, but keep in mind how many times projects like these have been attempted only to fail. What is special about yours?

sobeman459

????????
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen May 3, 2007
    Well i have access to the mmo engine, a year and a half of scripting knowhow. As far as how i would go about it is start with the battle system and menu. then on to any other features i will add.What would you guys like to see in it because i was adding everything in the gameboy games. I want to do this to challenge myself as a scripter to see if i can do it.

sobeman459

????????
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen May 3, 2007
    UPDATE:I have been working and the game is online and some of the menu is finished. Basicly you can get on and chat now but thats about it. Im setting up 3 comps to host this game so you can at least get on and chat by the end of the week lol.

j.a

awesomenesses!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    sobeman459 said:
    Okay i havent been around in awhile and my scripting has inproved and i have the full MMO system. If i start how many would be interested in making this and helping me out? I know how i would go about it. What do you guys think?

-Sobeman459

EDIT:All i want to know is if i do this will i have support cause i do not want it to go to waste.

i could be a mapper and tester if you want.

sobeman459

????????
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen May 3, 2007
    Do you have aim or msn? And the trainer card is done ecept for the badges. and im working on the pokemon screen.

sobeman459

????????
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen May 3, 2007
    Is anyone even interested in this because i dont wanna waste my time that i should work on my other game and no1 will support me. So should i continue or not?

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    This idea has been tossed around continuosly, people starting the idea, quitting, running out of time, etc. It takes a major dedicated team to develop a MMO, and I doubt your going to find anyone in the pokemon fandom who either #1: Has enough free time and #2: is deciated and #3: who is knowledgable. Most pokemon fans don't even know the first thing about a computer, let alone scripting a MMO. This is somewhat just the wrong fandom to want to code a MMO for. I mean, I'd love to see one, I'm telling you the truth, I'm fully behind the idea; but it just takes too much work and theres not anyone who really WANTS to make a pocket monsters related MMO.

sobeman459

????????
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen May 3, 2007
    I just finished the pokemon screen and triing to set up the server so ppl can get on and see what its like.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    sounds great, can't wait to hear more, but seriously, most of the MMO projects are dropped later on...... soon you will get bored with it.

sobeman459

????????
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen May 3, 2007
    I hope i wont for only going a week. i made wonderful progress on the systems.(all my own)Im working on the cbs now and i could really use a few mappers to help make the 2 regions.

sobeman459

????????
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen May 3, 2007
    Im going to plan out two new ones.But i need help because im focasing on scripting right now. The cbs would be done now but my computer finally died(thank god for bk up hd) So i'll start working when i get it bk up and dont have to use my parents comp.Updates soon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2006
    Ive Admined and Mapped a MMO before, id be glad to help you out here check out my old game....

vengeanceonline.tk

(no space)

or throw me an E-mail

Kronos

Shooting Star
    Years
  • I've mapped and made a few sprites before (I've made a hack before on the hacks showcase and started a game here a while back.) If you need mapping help just PM.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2006
    Ill map...just how o I map for somone else will you give me an edit or somthing

P.S I dont play pokemon games so you will have to explain!

sobeman459

????????
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Here
    • Seen May 3, 2007
    Wow thanks for the support. Any one who has wanted to help get me on aim sobeman459 or msn [email protected]. the thing is im working on 3 projects and i doing 3 day rotations. And i just started my 3 days on my main project. but friday i will move bk to the pokemon game.

Back