• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon MMORPG

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I've been a huge fan of Pokemon since I was 3. During the past few years, I somehow got hooked up with Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (MMORPG). So I decided to ask if anyone would hope Nintendo would have an official Pokemon MMORPG where you can catch and train Pokemon and really battle. This is apart from those lame MMORPG games that you find by googling.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Nintendo was planning to make one, but, they abandoned the project because "Pokémon is a game to trade monsters with your FRIENDS", although they have been taking profit of the wifi use.

Other than that, fan-made games that are usually played by fans are PWO (PokemonWorldOnline) and PG (PokemonGlobal).
    There was a very good (in my opinion), but they closed it some months ago (PokeCyrus).

Aero Shock

Avalanche!
    Years
    This idea is very strong indeed. But The AliveTrain is right, Nintendo does not want unsafe pokémon games where theres unfriendly people and you can meet them very easily in the Web. Thats why every nintendo wifi game has a built in "Friend Code " system.

Back