• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Moms, Are they all single?

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Are they all single? Well clearly not RSE, cause we have Norman, and in RBY, as well as FRLG, we have a script in the Celadon department store that mentions Reds father, but still, who is Reds dad.....

Giovanni is Silver´s dad, didn´t you know?

Yes, but there have been a ton of rumors that Giovanni was Ash's dad, until we got to the Five Island Warehouse, where we get the scientist who says that Giovanni has a son with long red hair, then we got the FR/LG chapter of Pokemon Special, which told us that Silver was Giovannis son, now with the Celebi event in HG/SS, it's cannon in the games too, so that leaves the players dad's identity a mystery.....

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Your character's dad is a fugitive wanted by the FBI for his part in the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme fraud.

They're probably off on their own Pokemon journey or working for some huge conglomerate like Silph (not Devon, because it's already established that Norman's your dad in R/S/E).

Either that or three words: Witness Protection Program.

With that said, in fifth gen maybe it'll be your dad that sees you off and your mom who's AWOL. Wouldn't that be a twist xD

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
    In the anime, *relating to Ash, so this could also include Gen I* Nintendo did release a statement saying that Ash does have a father, and he is out there on an immense Pokémon journey just like Ash. They never specifically said they will show him in the anime, but they did mention they'll bring him in the show if it will help Ash, or if he truly needs a father figure to get over an issue. Which I think is just a small hint that he'll be on the show.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ash_Ketchum#Family

WolfgangWhiplash

Heavy Metal Bulldozer
    Years
    Maybe the player characters are all adopted.

How does that make you feel?

EDIT: Also, where do the single mums get money from? As far as I know, they're all housewives and only the D/P/P mum does something related to contests -does not remember-.

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
    The fathers are on adventures, forgetting they have kids. Or, they are hiding in shame from the fact their kids are going to be stronger than them.

Years
    From my knowing, the mom in Pokemon Emerald, Sapphire, and Ruby does have a husband. Norm. The fifth gym leader.
    Yeah. Pwned.

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
    But we all know what the single moms do on their spare time, right?

Pokemon Moms, Are they all single?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    They got chased off by the champions of the region, the champ of sinnoh has a very interesting story. -hint hint wink wink- xDDDDDDD

Back