• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mutation

Years
  • Starter pokemon is an enigmatic lab rat that you must eventually choose to mutate into a grass, fire, or water type mammal. There will be other animals with similar traits that have yet to be included.

All sprites are using gba battle sprite restrictions.

The pixels may appear blurry, open image in new tab if this is that case!

Pokemon Mutation

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nice, those are some really cool and pretty sprites. :D

Thanks, means ALOT!

These sprites are either brand new, revamped old sprites, or reconfigured sprites of mine used to match the GBA style. I hope there are more to come.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for some concepts they would like to see, feel free to give your input.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    These look amazing! They are so creative, I can't say I've seen anything like them. I love the food-based ones, such as the snake/tree one. I also adore the weird rat bee thing, and the bananarats are so derpy, I love it. There are two or three sprites that could use a little work, such as the pink mermaid thing, who lacks depth in the upperpart of her body, but most of them look soooo good.

Years
  • Glad to see you're still in the game. Just a tip, although I don't see any problems regarding this in your work, remember to keep your style consistent. Style is important when it comes to pixel art and especially a variety of different pokemon for a pokedex.

Years
  • Yeah, some sprites, like my Mermaid, "Lythical", are a bit older and definitely need to have more depth! (right on point Moral)

To that point, I have a bit of cohesion work to do as Logie has pointed out.

Adding more black outlines will make some of them more modern....I used to be big on no using a ton of black lines. I think this is the most striking stylistic clash among these sprites!

Also, my wild-boars need a ton of work! (I just sort of threw it together last minute.)

Years
  • Added the final evolution to my 3-stage bug/dragon line. Flyvern

Added darker outlines to unify style.

I should add names next so I can actually refer to the pokemon I am updating!

Back