• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Guardians of Sin and Virtue OOC/Sign Up

Years
    I think a mini-mission would probably be a good idea. Something to figure out a good flow. This is also gonna be one of my last posts, because I stapled my thumb plus I'm going on holiday soon.
    Same here. My school term starts in a week or so and I won't be able to be online as much as I am now. Perhaps I'll allow my partner to take over my character if I'm not on for more than 2 days. But I'll see first.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    Well later tonight i'll post a character sheet. On an iPad right now and it's hard to type.

EDIT: I hope I can join still, sorry for late entry.

Name
    : Layne

Species
    : Buizel - The Sea Weasel Pokémon

Appearance
    : A bit taller than most Buizel, and he wears goggles on his forehead.

Member of
    : Open for recruitment. (I'll go where you think I'd fit best to be honest.)

Moves
    : Aqua Jet, Water Pulse, Iron Tail, Dig

Personality
    :
    Layne has a strong will, and strong spirit, but this makes him very serious, and not always on the side of humor. He is very disciplined, will get a little angry if people don't take what he thinks is important, seriously. On the lighter side of him, he enjoys being in and around water. Water relaxes him, soothes him, and calms him down.

History
    : He doesn't know too much about his past, he just knows that as a child, he grew up near the water. At one point in his life, he was very happy. He grew up strong, and healthy. He took lessons in how to fight in close combat, but his heart lay true to water. He would spend a lot of time in the ocean. When he was 15,
    Layne found love in another Buizel, by the name of Autumn. The two shared a lot in common, and lived together for two years. However, one day they went out in the ocean, and the weather quickly turned against them. The two tried to stay together, but got separated when a huge wave overtook them. Layne frantically searched for her, but could not find her. Layne quickly posted a call for help in finding her as soon as he reached shore. The rescue teams who came incould not find her, and called off the search after a week of searching. Autumn was assumed to have drowned.
    Layne changed quickly after that. He became more aggressive, and isolated himself on multiple occasions. His liking in Rescue Teams dampened after Autumn's death. Layne never had a thing against rescue teams, but he couldn't let go of the fact that they weren't fast enough in rescuing the one pokémon he loved.
    Layne never stopped going back into the ocean. In fact after Autumn's death, he started visiting the ocean even more. He doesn't know why, sometimes he wonders if he'll find Autumn alive somehow, or if it's just a way for him to comfort himself. While in the ocean, he became to locals, the unofficial life guard of the local beaches, as he did some water rescues to some pokémon in trouble.

Strengths
    :
    Layne is a very strong swimmer, and unlike most other Buizel, who can hold their breath for mostly 5 minutes, he can hold his breath in water for 10-15 minutes on a good breath of air (Buizel do not have infinite lung capacity unlike popular belief. Buizel are still mammals.). His goggles on his head are for wearing underwater, so he can see better. He is also somewhat adequate in hand to hand combat.

Weakness
    : His negative outlook on the brighter side of life can make him a pokemon you won't want to hang around. If he gets too angry, he can become very upset, get aggressive, and maybe even get a little reckless. He also carries somewhat a little grudge against rescue teams, and not just because they weren't able to save Autumn.

Aspirations
    : "Aspirations? You're talking to the wrong pokémon. I don't have any. The only thing I do is live life one day at a time, remembering the past, but living by today."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Accepted. Welcome.

Also, I'll post the missions later today. I'm drawing blanks as of now.

Years
    @SamuraiMaster
    Well well, what do we have here? A Buizel, excellent choice, speedy and hardy. :) Oops, I forgot to introduce myself, my bad. I'm Diamond1304 and I'll be taking the role of Aquart the Squirtle. Did I ever tell I love water types? Oh, I'm digressing. >.< Pardon me, I just point out certain things that I find curious, not that it's bad but just for clarification. Buizel doesn't naturally learn Water Pulse, unless through breeding, which is a topic I'm weak at, so don't mind my ignorance of the subject. I own a Floatzel in my Diamond so I quite know it's movepool. Oh and you probably had a TM am I right? I'm such a fool to forget that. X-(

SamuraiMaster

Years
    @Diamond:
    lol nice to meet you and yes I am very much aware of the moves that Buizel learns naturally, by breeding, and by TM. Though if I don't see rules stating otherwise, I will take advantage and use a moveset I find useful and interesting. Heh. I as well own a Floatzel in Platinum, though I have yet to TM it Water Pulse (TM in Gen 4). And I appreciate the compliment on choosing Buizel. Water types do rule.

@ChariChu
    I used to roleplay here a lot back in the day. I may start up a few RPs sooner or later, but yeah, I'm big on RPing pokemon. Probably my favorite thing to roleplay lol. Took me a while to come up with Layne lol. It does have a catchy ring, doesnt it lol

Thanks Chari and Diamond for the welcome. I like it hen RPers do that. (The other place I come from is a little too serious. Perhaps that's why I came back here for once lol)

Blazesaga

Even heroes can lie in shadows
    Years
    Notice: I may not be posting as much, with school and stuff back in.
    Sorry....

SamuraiMaster

Years
    I'll go ahead and also say starting January 8th, and lasting through the 23rd, the Stock show will be in town, which I will be working a good amount of.

So my posting will be somewhat limited. I will try to post each night at least, though it may be a little difficult as the shifts each day are from 10 AM to 4, and 4 to 10 PM. So yeah.

But I will do my best.

I am currently waiting for the minimissions to be made available before I put in another major post, simply because I may be able to somehow fit my character into one. O I'll post if someone finds their way to where the beach is lol.

Whichever goes first.

Blazesaga

Even heroes can lie in shadows
    Years
    I'll go ahead and also say starting January 8th, and lasting through the 23rd, the Stock show will be in town, which I will be working a good amount of.

So my posting will be somewhat limited. I will try to post each night at least, though it may be a little difficult as the shifts each day are from 10 AM to 4, and 4 to 10 PM. So yeah.

But I will do my best.

I am currently waiting for the minimissions to be made available before I put in another major post, simply because I may be able to somehow fit my character into one. O I'll post if someone finds their way to where the beach is lol.

Whichever goes first.

Don't worry about not posting much, most of us can't do that either do to school and work and other things now that winter vacation and the holiday season is over.(looking at the time differances and locations) Not a single one of us lives in the same country, or at least not the same area in the country. So your JAN 8 8:00AM might be mid afternoon JAN 7 for some of us. And as for me Early if not midnight JAN 7/8
    Just foreworning you about the time differances.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Like Blaze said, I understand the whole life getting in the way and what have you. This isn't totally a commited thing, so everyone post at your own leisure, when you're on, and when you get the chance.

SamuraiMaster

Years
    I am well aware of those lol. RPGW (Where I come from) has tons of people like that. But we'll all be cool lol.

Years
    I'll be able to use the Net freely for about 1 month or more until mid February. Oh and post those mini-missions up quick cos I'm dying to do one! XD

Ok, I have a few questions to make to clarify.
    1. I assumed that this PMD RP is somewhat similar to the current gen's PMD of Time/Darkness, so I presume that like in the game, the job bulletin board is also updated in the flip-side manner..? I don't care how the bulletin will be updated, just clarifying whether in the 1st place the bulletin is updated with more new job requests.
    2. Do we make the missions ourselves or will Michael post them? I'm ok with anything just that it would be more creative if we made the mini-missions, but it would also be slightly difficult. And it would be better that Michael himself made the missions as he would know how they would link with the plot but the disadvantage is he might not have time to post them and thus, delaying the RP's progress abit.

On the issue of time differences, just to let y'all know that my timezone is GMT+8. And I don't think that we'll worry about not being able to post all the time cos if we did so, the RP might have done and finished faster than now. And IMO, the best RP is one that's not stressful and is more carefree and for leisure. Of course, we shouldn't let it die so at least post once or twice a month. I hope we can all agree on that, ya? :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Don't worry, I'll make the missions. I'll also try to give the areas a little bit more creativity than going into someplace and going into layers upon layers upon LAYERS of floors. Something creative for each one. Forests, the mountain (which MAY have layers), and what have you. I'll make the missions later today when I'm done running errands.

SamuraiMaster

Years
    made a slight edit in my bio. Nothing major, just a little change in what happened with Autumn.

EDIT:

Had nothing better to do, so I made a quick sketch of Layne.

Yeah the goggles suck, and the eyes are a little off, as are his paws, but hey, I did this in like 30 minutes. And the picture I drew this from was.....well I don't even know. Enjoy.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Guardians of Sin and Virtue OOC/Sign Up

Last edited:

SamuraiMaster

Years
    Thanks. I'll probably do some more drawings sooner or later on.

Though trust me. I'm not too proud of this one. I've done MUCH better drawings of Buizel. But hey. From the side it was drawn, and the angle he looked, I don't know. *shrugs*

I'm also just very critical of my work sometimes. I guess it's an artist thing. The artist may never be too proud of his work.

Anyway, I'll do some more later on as I said. May try to attempt other characters as well if you guys want.

Back