• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- The New Age [Pg 13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    While Len was doing his part cooling down the Links, He really got suprised seeing Rani leaning right up into his face over the fire. She looked really mad, And the fire just made it seem more fitting.. It scared Len a bit. "Listen up," she hissed quietly. "It's my job to protect you lot, and it's a job I'm happy to do, but could you please stop shouting so much? I know you need to communicate, but all this extra noise isn't going to help keep Kara in the land of nod, okay?"

Len was just silent. He didn't realize how much of a hypocrite he was shouting like that, despite how he wanted to keep Kara in lala land. "Er.. Sorry for the interruption," she said quickly. "Carry on." Rani told him. Len, still a bit scared just said "er.. Yes ma'am! Hehheh...." At least the previous shouting didn't wake Kara up. He thought of this as a reminder to think twice before doing anything... And also a reminder not to get rani angry. Len shuddered a little bit and continued his work.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    "Er.. Yes ma'am!" Len exclaimed quietly, followed by a small nervous laugh. Rani's ear twitched and she couldn't help but allow herself to grin slightly. Finally, some respect...
    Rani cleared her throat quietly again and wiped her ever so slightly smug look off her face. This was no time for selfish pride. She hadn't taken her eyes off Kara, and now narrowed them as she continued to watch the sleeping enemy, frowning sadly.
    If Kara did wake up, they would be toast. Everyone was worn out, and what could she do? She might be a Growlithe, but that's all she was. Against a formidable enemy like Kara, size mattered, and Growlithe weren't large creatures. She was truly a poor bodyguard for the team.
    Earlier that day Rani had told herself she didn't yet deserve to evolve into an Arcanine, but perhaps she could only prove herself if she was the stronger creature. It would certainly be of more benefit to the team if they had an Arcanine to protect them rather than a Growlithe. Still, the fact was that she wasn't an Arcanine. Rani would simply have to use the power she did have to her advantage if Kara woke before they were ready.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk tried to hold back laughter as Rani 'ordered' Len around. The little guy was hilarious! Shierk carefully removed all of the links from the mold and looked them over. They appeared to be circular in shape, and they had an opening in the side that made it look like a C. They were a little lumpy, but they were strong. Shierk tossed them into a pile near Rani. "Hey Rani and Rokan, could you guys weld these together with your flames? just place the open end of the link around another one and seal it with your flames. That should hold them. Haley, could you cool the links that Rani and rokan weld? I don't want to tire len out." Shierk smiled, They would have this done in no time!

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Rani turned her head as Shierk spoke her name, then looked at the pile of small links that sat in a pile nearby. She nodded at Shierk's orders to begin to weld the links together, and turned around to sit by the metal. After putting her weight onto her back legs, Rani could hold things (though it was still difficult due to her lack of opposable digits), so she took two of the links.
    "Rokan," she asked, "How about we split the job in half? We'll both do half the links, then put them together at the end."
    Pushing super hard, Rani bent one of the links she held so it was even more round and laid it over the other. It was unbalanced, and moved around slightly, but because it was more round than it had been, it was hooked on better and therefore did not fall. Rani then grabbed the ends of the link the first rested on and, after blowing hot air onto it to make it more ductile, curved the two ends together. She then closed her eyes to focus herself, and began to draw up heat from her belly. It rose in her throat, and she opened her eyes before directing an erratic stream of small flames onto the touching points. Unable to control the direction properly as yet, the Ember attack also hit her paws (and unbeknownst to her, the ground as well). Her Flash Fire ability, however, meant that the fire did not faze her. The ends of the link were soon welded together, and now all that was left was for them to be cooled. If she put it on the ground to await the splash of cool water from Len or Haley, they could melt out of shape, or even perhaps char the ground, though of course it wouldn't set on- FIRE! Rani suddenly realised that a small patch of grass beneath her paws was alight, and quickly began to blow at it to put it out – Only to regret her decision when her hot breath increased the fire's spread.
    Holding the newly welded link in one paw, she stamped repeatedly on the flames with the other until they were all out. She didn't lift her head, instead meekly holding out her first link for spraying with cold water.
    Perhaps… No one had noticed?

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Sheirk shouted to Len and Haley asking for them to come over and help out cooling some of the pieces as he finished them. Len shouted back saying that he was coming over to help but Haley told Len to do it on his own- she would do some stuff later. Then she realized that the screams may have awakened Kara, and so Haley turned around rapidly to see if the enemy pokemon was still sleeping. In response to the shouts Kara had rolled over, but nothing more. Haley had not realized that she had begun to hold her breath, but now the wooper let it go in a quiet sigh of relief.

A few moments later, a somewhat quieter shout came calling Haley to help cool the chain as the links were welded together. Pushing up to a standing positon, Haley trumped over and watched while Rani proceeded to weld one link and then nearly set the whole field on fire. Quickly Haley readied her water gun, but Rani was faster and managed to stomp out the flames before anything bad happened. Relieved, Haley turned to the piece of metal that Rani was now holding out and sprayed it with a gentle water gun. Then, she looked back up at Rani. "Quick work putting out those flames. Oh, and your ember attack is getting much more powerful. Nice job!" Haley hoped that would make Rani forget her fire-starting mishap.

Megaman765

Years
    Shierk later called out to Haley to help out with cooling the links and even mentioned that he didn't want to tire Len out. "Oh, Thanks" Len said with a slight smile and laugh. He really did have the right idea about Len. He was really tired anyways. So Len walked on back to where he originally sat down with Haley and went to rest. "Alright Haley, It's your turn." He told her. Haley eventually went to do her part helping Rani and rokan cool the links down in place of Len.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    A light spray of water hit the links that Rani was holding out, followed by kind words from Haley. Rani was surprised - she hadn't expected kindness. She turned and smiled at Haley.
    "Thanks, Haley," she said. "Because I was raised in a family full of Fire Types, my sister and I were taught at a very young age how to extinguish out of control fires. Of course, if that had been any bigger… As for my Ember attack becoming more powerful-" Rani regarded the charred grass in front of her in disdain- "Perhaps that's not really a good thing… I need to practice keeping control of it. My father always says… Said…" Rani's voice faded, and she cast a glance at Shierk, Rokan and Kreep. She paused for a few moments, then blew extremely hot air onto the second link to bend it so the ends were touching. "He said, as a future Arcanine, it was my duty not only to learn how to create fire, but to control it…" she said sadly. "Though now I think about it…" Holding the two ends of the link together with one paw, she held her other paw behind the metal to catch any wayward flames as she blew the small Embers onto the break to meld them together. "He never really used his Fire very much…"

Last edited:

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    While resting and recharging its batteries (sorry, a figure of speech) Mack felt far more better and regenerated.
    Earlier when Max asked Mack a question about the fact of being genderless, Mack wasn't too sure how to answer that, until she took it back.
    Perhaps she was just wanting to know it more, or just confused about how it feels to be a genderless Pokémon. This gave Mack an idea to get to know Max more as well.
    "Your uncommonly powerful strength, was it an ability you earned, or is it hereditary..... meaning, gained by birth?" There goes that habit again, Mack frequently uses a large vocabulary, especially when it's nervous. And boy was Mack tense as ever.

Briefly looking away, Mack observed how everything was going. The process with the chains seemed to go well and was nearing completion. But Kara's long nap was nearing completion also. She started to stir and mumble, thus anytime she could wake up.

Last edited:

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    "Oh no, I offended him! Way to go Max. . ." When Mack didn't respond, Max had begun to feel bad, maybe responding to an odd question like that really hurt his feeling "Me an my big mouth, I should really learn how to think before speaking" Max sat up and frowned, then she started to apologize for her rude and out of line question "Hey look Mack I'm really so—" she was cut off mid apology by Mack, who decided to ask a question of his own, mostly about her strength she blinked at his question "W-well, I think all Machop are strong from birth, I don't think we were ever weak. . . I mean compared to other Pokémon anyway, not to imply that your weak or something. . ." she trailed off glancing at Kara, perhaps it was time to change the subject "Sooo. . . things seem to be running along smoothly yes?" She gave an awkward smile "Worst. Conversation change. Ever."

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Wow... this was the first time in Mack's lifetime that someone tried to not call it weak. Pretty much everyone that Mack knew, would call it shrimp, feeble, or something like that. Mack felt pretty neat about this.
    It wanted tell her that her strength is very potent, even for a Machop. But since Mack wasn't in a research facility or something, rambling wasn't really a good option.

(OOC: Boy, it's getting more difficult to stick with Mack's personality. Especially around Max.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Rani gulped as she finished speaking, then scrutinized the link she'd just put together to check that it was strong.
    Rani hummed, vaguely wondering what the others thought of her after what she had just said. She had tried to appear sort of humble, even if she was once again mentioning her heritage and that she'd hopefully become an Arcanine one day.
    Now however, a thought was growing in her head. Her father really hadn't used his fire very much.
    "He preferred to use his speed and strength, you see," she continued. "He said that any Fire Type can use fire, but Arcanine could not only use Fire but run at great speeds and use their great strength in battle. Not that he battled much, either. Just hunting, really..." Rani paused again and blew a few more Embers onto the link before leaning over to the edge of Shierk's fire pit and grabbing a round, flat stone in her teeth. She dragged just to the side and in front of her and placed the warm link on it. She smiled at Haley.

"If you don't mind," she said, "Could you cool that for me?" Rani then yawned loudly, widely opening her jaw, then gasping as a twinge of pain shot through it. She gingerly placed a paw on it, wincing as she touched it. It was still slightly swollen from Kreep's attack earlier. "It looks like my jaw's still a bit sore from your strong Vine Whip earlier, Kreep," she said softly, smiling at the Bellsprout in question. Still, as long as I don't open my jaw too wide, I'll-" Rani was interrupted by another yawn. "Oh, I do apologise," she said swiftly. "Gosh, I don't know what's coming over me!" She chuckled nervously and reached for another link, stifling yet another yawn.

'Gosh,' she thought to herself, 'Why this sudden tiredness? Perhaps it's because I never did this much physical work at home, or even as a bodyguard... That must be it. My body's just not used to this... Not to mention it must take a lot of energy to produce Fire attacks. Nothing to concern myself about.'
    Rani smiled to herself and waited for Haley to cool the last link.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Haley listened to Rani say a few quick responses before going on to speak a little about her father. Seeing as another link was ready, the wooper let a small stream of water gun flow out of her mouth and hiss for just a fraction of a second as it hit the metal. But then Haley heard something stir behind her and turned immediately.

"buehslyedhspkcyadkhejdakjebstjh..." Kara murmered in her sleep and then rolled over agian, taking a deep breath. Haley took a step back in fear and looked around while rapidly speaking to the other pokemon.

"Uh, guys? Kara is starting to wake up, so we gotta hurry! Len? I hope you know can use hypnosis again if she wakes up." Shaking just a tiny bit, Haley glanced back at each of the pokemon before calming down. Maybe Kara was going to stay asleep; after all, this had got to be the most peaceful sleep she had recieved since the gliscor joined Darkrai.

Megaman765

Years
    "Aw geez..." Len whispered to himself quietly. Len really didn't want to be around when kara woke up. If anything, He would be her first target after all the insults from before. "It's ok... I'll... just put her to sleep again... with hypnosis... yeah! Lemme just prepare it..." Len tried to get control over his newly found skill but as he tried to get the swirl on his belly to rotate around like before... but nothing happened. "What the... Hey! Why isn't it working?!" He muttered in his head.

It should have worked... If a pokemon learns a move he should have complete control over it. This wasn't the case for Len however and this was a very bad time for it to happen. "This is bad... this is really bad..." Len quickly paced over to shierk with the, Just-about-complete Chain. "Comon it's now or never, If she wakes up I'm... I mean "We're" done for!" He whispered to him. Len quickly went to keep watch on kara and try to get hypnosis working for him again. It's just like his bubblebeam attack. He couldn't control that either... As len kept an eye on kara, He kept attempting to get hypnosis working.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk shook his head slowly and poured the last of the links. "Len or Haley, these are the last of the links, cool them quickly and hand them to Rani or Rokan." Shierk nodded after giving them the instructions and looked at the remaining Iron behind him. They had all the links for the chain, and he didn't think they would be needing the rest of it any time soon. He smiled quickly before placing a large lump of it in his fur. His 'static' ability created a slight electro-magnetic field around him, which should keep the iron in place. Looking away from the others, he grabbed the rock with the flattest surface he could find, and surveyed it carefully, before noding. he began to whisper to himself, "perfect, this will work well."

Shierk grabbed another piece of iron, and heated it in the fire before turning back to the flat rock. "I have to shape it and temper it before I can make it what it needs to be." Shierk took a rock at his side, and he began pounding the glowing metal...

Megaman765

Years
    Len quickly cooled down the remaining links as soon as shierk gave him the instructions to do so.While using water spout he was still keeping an eye on kara who was still rolling around in her sleep. "the sooner this gets done the better..." He thought to himself. After the links seemed to be finished cooling off Len stepped back to make sure they were in good shape. "Alright looks good... Now I just need to hand this over to... hand... hands... Crap." Len forgot again that he didn't have hands... He whispered over to rani and rokan "Alright they're cooled down. Let's finish this thing imprison Kara, And get some rest" Len said with a satisfied tone.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    "Comon it's now or never, if she wakes up I'm... I mean "We're" done for!"
    There were obviously more important things to worry about than her father's attitude towards using fire. Rani began to quickly start adding more links to the chain, knowing she didn't have time to waste. She made the links only just hot enough to meld together, and began to work double time, until a decent chain was beginning to appear. She was slightly worried about the possibilities of the links not being very free, but for the moment they seemed okay-
    A light spray began to form beside Rani, and she looked up from her work to see Len using Water Sport on the links Shierk had just made. She smiled down at the hot metal in her hands and swiftly held out the chain near what Len was aiming for to be cooled by any loose water. It made a light hissing sound as it did so, and Rani then checked that it was chain like in its fluidity. Luckily, the hot links hadn't stuck to each other. With that done, Rani began to furiously meld the last of the pile of links Shierk had given. Her whole body felt deliciously hot as she wielded the Embers and her hot breath to add the final links to the chain.
    Wait, wasn't the chain a little short? For a beast like Kara-
    "Alright they're cooled down. Let's finish this thing imprison Kara, And get some rest," Len's voice whispered to her and Rokan. Looking over, Rani now saw what Len had been cooling; another pile of links. She grinned at him and scooped the pile over with her front left leg and paw.
    "Thanks, Len," she whispered back, "And thanks Shier-" she paused, wondering what Shierk was doing with the large rock in his hands. She cleared her throat, causing a few weak Embers to fly through the air. They burned themselves out as they flew.
    If she had had eyebrows, she would have raised them, but she then turned to the new pile of links and began to attach them to the chain. "Len," she leaned over and muttered as she pressed the ends of a link around another, "Can you be spraying a light spray of water over these as I make them? That way I won't have to keep stopping to have you or Haley spray them after every link is added and they won't stick together." Rani cast Len a smile, then went back to her work.
    The chain was practically done. Just a few more links would do it. Then she could get some rest – she was exhausted from creating all of this heat.

Megaman765

Years
    "Can you be spraying a light spray of water over these as I make them? That way I won't have to keep stopping to have you or Haley spray them after every link is added and they won't stick together." Len replyed to Rani "Oh sure. We probably should have done that in the first place". So Len prepared water sport with rani to finish up the chain. "Just gotta finish this up... almost done..." Len used Water sport and cooled down the chain's awaiting Rani to do her part.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    It had been a lot of hard work, and Rani was exhausted, but thanks to everyone's efforts the chain was nearing completion. All that remained were the final few links, which Rani swiflty attached. However, they had to be sure the chain was going to work, so Rani scrutinised the links to make sure they were all attached and sturdy. She gave them a quick tug and used Bite on the chain, but it did not yield.
    "That's it!" she cried softly. "The chain's done! Alright, now how are we going to wrap Kara in them without waking her up?"

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Hearing the progress that the group has done, Mack shifted closer to see how they were doing. It looks like it was nearly finished! "Amazing, it is a much longer process to smith a chain than it seems." It thought to itself.
    Rani was quite fast at linking the chains together. The last few took only a brief moment to finish.
    "That's it!" she cried softly. "The chain's done! Alright, now how are we going to wrap Kara in them without waking her up?"
    Mack forgot about that. If they even get close, Kara could instantly awaken. Maybe one group could hold her down, while another tries to wrap it around her. After all, they were officers now.
    Hastily, Mack turned back to Max and said, "Their chain is just about finished. ...We now are needing to find a way... to use it on Kara. ...Anything to suggest?"
    Mack wanted to tell her its idea, but it felt like it wanted to hear her voice again.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Max narrowed her eyes thoughtfully, how would they be able to snag Kara in the chains, without waking her up? "Maybe we could use the chain as a lasso?" She thought about this briefly, playing the scenario in her head, which involved Max, in a comical fashion, whirling the link of chain over her head and wrapping it around Kara, hog-tieing the Gliscor like a Miltank "Nah, that's stupid" she snorted and shook her head, ridding herself of that thought "Maybe we could try and knock her out again." Max smashed her fists together and grinned "I think a couple of poundings from my fists could do the trick, I could probably knock her unconscious again before she even has a chance to even wake up!" she paused ". . . But no, that's too risky" Max frowned slightly and scratched her cheek "Hmm, this is a bit hard. To bad we didn't have a Jigglypuff around and maybe we could have lulled her back to sleep. . ." she glanced at Mack "You think maybe one of the others knows how to sing real good? I was never a singer, I'm more of a bruiser so..." she shrugged lamely before breaking out into a goofy laugh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back