• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- The New Age [Pg 13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk blinked a couple of times. Rokan and Rani both had really....accurate ideas. He had thought the Electivire had symbolized himself, and he thought what Rani said was true. He honestly didn't know what to think. After all, this could be Darkrai trying to trick him. But, Darkrai couldn't know they were after him. They hadn't even left yet! Shierk sighed. This had to be his subconcious talking.

Shierk looked at The two Quadripeds in front of him. "Hmmm. I need to think this over...I'm going to watch the battle okay girls?"

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    "Of course, Shierk," Rani replied to the elekid. "Just don't get really mad at Kreep again, okay? Don't want you falling asleep again!" She smiled playfully and yawned.

"I can't really be bothered to do anything at the moment. I think I'll just rest here for a bit." She smiled at Rokan and Shierk, then stepped backwards next to the tree and lay down.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    Rokan nodded to acknowledge that Shierk had dismissed himself and retreated several feet herself, to the location of the fountain. She jumped up onto the ridge and lay down, paws crossed elegantly and head held high. Rest was not her first priority; she simply enjoyed the vantage point her position gave her. It allowed her to see everyone at once, at least everyone who could be seen, and keep track of what was happening, though she was disadvantaged by her inability to hear dialogue.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    ((OOC: Lights, Camera ACTION TIME!! I'm back and ready to kick things off with a little ACTION! Prepare for awesomeness.))

Kara (not Haley this time!!) was just starting to doze off when she felt the tree jerk below her. Round yellow eyes stared down from the branches as she looked at a female machop pounding at the trunk extending below her. If I wasn't trying to hide I would use some kind of flying-type move and blow that little pest into oblivion! Sheesh! Okay... so when am I going to drop in... The well-hidden gliscor looked through the leaves and watched as many events took place, the most interesting of which was when the elekid officer fell asleep and was swallowed up in a nightmare. Was that Darkrai? He was at the hideout when I left... but maybe did he follow me? Either way, watching cute, clobbering officers being beat down by a simple dream is exciting! Wheeeeeeee don't let the evilness stop~ But eventually, the yellow pokemon awakened and chatted with the two fire-type ladies. A few other pokemon came out to make an intimidating total. Yayyz! A counting game! Lets see... a magnemite, an elekid, a vulpix, a growlithe, a bellsprout, a machop, a poliwag, and a wooper. A sizable crew... but I have a bazooka with me~ How nice is it to be a criminal and steal any weapon I want? Kara had stashed her prize in a bush to the far end of the field, but she knew that she was fast enough to reach her firearms if need be. And besides, Kara still had her pistol. Looks like it's time to make my entrance!

A powerful leap sent Kara high above the branches and she came down with a thud in the center of the group. The gliscor held up her scorpion-like tail threateningly and twirled her pistol in her claws before taking a firm grip of it. "Hello there pokemon~ you look like your having a fun time with that sparring 'n all!~ I thought that maybe I would join in, after all, I was just passing by and wanted to join in!" Suddenly her gaze turned from playful to serious. She prepared to shoot and cracked her neck. "So then... who wants to spar with me?"

((OOC: Now I play as Haley!))

Haley was proud of her efforts in learning water gun- it would be a useful skill when the time came. So, when Len decided to go outside, she happily joined him and took some steps out into the training field. the cool grass felt soft below her feet, but it looked like quite a bit had gone on while she was inside. Len also looked like he wanted to find out what had happened as well, so he approached a magnemite- Haley barely remembered his name as Mack -and asked. A lot really had gone on and Haley absorbed the information whole-heartedly taking in every detail. Shierk had a nightmare? So that was the scream I heard earlier... I wonder what that was.

Wooper and quagsire can learn ground-tpe moves, and with mudkips and their evolutions in Haley's family, her bond with the ground was even stronger. Thus, when a large and heavy object landed, Haley knew right away. Instantly her attention was flicked toward the newcomer- a large she-gliscor that looked ready to fight. The menacing pokemon wore a yellow band around one of her legs and a silver ribbon around her neck. She had pretty earrings that looked as if they were made of some kind of expensive jewel- but not a diamond, and her eyes were covered with with a pair of yellow-green lensed goggles. Haley shook with fear as the pokemon spoke to the group in a cruelly friendly tone. "K-Kara..." Haley whispered, just barely loud enough for the wooper to hear herself. How did she find us?

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk's eyes narrowed. Why now? Of all of the times they could have been ambushed, why did it have to be now? They were all still in training. none of them had any experience in true battling, and Shierk was still exhausted from the nightmare. Still, he pulled himself into a battling stance. He may not affect her, but he still could try. His father's father had been a hitmonchan, and he had passed one move on to his son. Shierk didn't think that he had inherited the move but...if any time was a good time to try, it was now.

Shierk stared directly at Kara, concentrating on his coldest, strongest emotions. He concentrated on his arm, and dragged all of the cold emotions up. He felt his arm get colder, and was suprised to see frost on it. "Woah, I can do it!" This thought caused his concentration to slip however, and the coldness disappeared. "Damn. I can't do it." Shierk snarled at Kara and began Leering at her. This however had no effect because she wasn't looking at him. Shierk ran directly at her and jumped, executing a quick attack directly towards her.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Mack instantly flinched when the Gliscor made her landing right among them.
    "Oh...my gosh! This must to be Kara." Mack thought to itself. The threatening expression, the weapon, and her dark intentions told all.
    For a split second, Mack thought she had been causing Shierk to act disturbed in his sleep, but it remembered that only Darkrai could do so.
    "...what to do now?" Mack again thought as it stood frozen still as she asked for someone to spar with her. Mack would fight, but it never had much experience (at all) at combat. Making a fool of itself was one thing it intended to not do.
    Then, an unexpected thing occurred. Shierk bolted towards her and lunged.....!

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    "Kara... She's with darkari... ohohoho... Do I got questions for her..." Len thought with a feeling for vengeance. This was a rather unexpected Turn of events. Kara presence could only mean Darkari knew that the officers were after him. As Kara glared at the officers it seemed she was ready for a fight and wouldn't leave without one.

Len turned to Haley who he just taught water gun to and whispered... "Haley, pop quiz. Time to put that water gun to use. Kara's weak to water attacks, If anything, It should weaken her. I'll use bubble beam also when she makes her first..." Before Len could continue, Shierk made his first move and went for Kara. "What is he... Hey! Don't be so reckless!" Len said to himself.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    What on earth was happening?

Oh, how Rani wished that she had gone back to the fountain to continue washing instead of resting by the tree! Had this Gliscor - Kara, probably - seen everything that had happened? If she had still been over at the fountain, perhaps she would have been able to escape-
    Wait! What was she on about? Escaping when the enemy had arrived and others were in danger? She would never do that!
    She could never do that.

Rani stood up and bared her fangs at Kara. This was no time to escape. She had made it onto the Elite Team for her immense loyalty and now it was time to show it. She'd never flee. She'd never abandon the team.

Many of the Pokemon on the team thought that she was simply a stuck up prejudiced growlithe who thought she was better than anyone else but couldn't do anything, but she would show them. She would prove herself to them.

When it came down to it, her attacks wouldn't do much damage. Neither of her attacking moves had a type advantage and she was definitely much weaker than that Gliscor. Not to mention that Kara had a pistol. Rani's Ember would travel much slower than a single bullet, and to attack head on would be suicide. Getting in such close range of an enemy that could easily shoot you down was a terrifically bad idea. If only she was an Arcanine and could use ExtremeSpeed. Then they might have a chance.
    Perhaps if they didn't provoke her, she wouldn't attack. The Buizel competent in the use of firearms might appear and be able to harm her a little, or at least deter her from attacking them anymore.

Yes, they should play it safe. No need to be reckless and risk-

From in front of Rani came a snarl, and Shierk began to run towards Kara.
    "No!" she yelled at him before stepping backwards and realising what a fool she had been to speak. But it had just slipped out! After all, Shierk could be making the biggest mistake of his life! She could only watch as he prepared to attack. The only thing she could do was wait. But if it did go badly, she knew she'd be at his side immediately, making sure Kara couldn't hurt him again.

She could only hope this wouldn't be his final stand.

Strikit

Years
    Despite how hard Rokan had been trying to stay alert the soft gurgle of the water flowing down the fountain relaxed her, set her mind at ease, and her eyes began to fall shut. But the sudden appearance of a strange scent made her wrinkle her nose. It made her fur stand on end and a growl build in her throat, but she couldn't identify it.

At least not until Kara burst from a tree near to where Max was practicing. With a roar she was on her feet in an instant, sprinting to her teammates. She'd never let a partner take a job alone, and now would be no different, especially since their lives were in danger.

She halted near to Rani, eyeing the Gliscor carefully. What were her weak points? Did she have any abilities that may come helpful? That was when she saw Shierk prepare for a Quick Attack. Her heart sank, for she knew Kara was undoubtedly much more experienced than the lot of them, and Normal-type moves wouldn't be effective against her anyway.

"Shierk, you idiot!" she snarled, flames building, ready to be released. She just needed to wait for an opportunity.

The wings, she decided. She would go for Kara's wings. Surely an air-bound Pokemon would be disadvantaged by damage to their ambulation devices.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk recognized his stupidity seconds before it was too late. He was careless, and he had let his anger get ahead of him. As he continued to sail towards Kara, it seemed as if everything slowed down. hierk looked around himself as he headed for his obvious doom. To his left, were Rani and Rokan. Rokan was charging up an ember to use on Kara. Rani shouted, and had probably caught Kara's attention. Shierk's gaze fswitched from Rani to Rokan repetedly, and then to a black stain on Rani's chest. He yelled "CHARCOAL!" Then he was hit by Kara's X-scissor and knocked into the ground. Yep, he had been noticed. Shierk saw something standing over him, and he closed his eyes tightly, praying for help.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Charcoal? NO! Rani had left the charcoal back by the fountain! A moment after he shouted, Shierk was down on the floor. Now really would be a good time to be holding that Charcoal, but the fountain was on the other side of the lawn! She couldn't just leave Shierk. She had to try to protect him from further attack. If it came to it, she would hit Kara with her attacks, even if she couldn't do much damage, but she wouldn't run away to get the Charcoal and risk Shierk being hurt even more.

Last edited:

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Haley flicked her attention back to Len when he spoke up, and after hearing what she had to say Haley decided that it was a good plan. But her thoughts were interupted when Sheirk began charging toward Kara in a quick attack. NO! That's a bad idea! Sheirk is gonna get himlelf killed. Rani and Rokan seemed to be alarmed by his decision as well, and Haley could hear a few shouts but didn't make out what they said. Her head was spinning. What should I do? Is there any way that Sheirk can get away unharmed? Still standing rigid with fear, she watched and waited for the enemy gliscor's next move.

((As Kara))

The pathetic little elekid who had been having the nightmare seemed to find it to be a good idea to charge up to Kara and hit her with quick attack, but his friends disagreed. Too late! Your mine now~! As soon as the pokemon was in reach, Kara launched an x-scissor attack and nocked him back. Instantly, she jumped up and landed on his chest, digging in with her sharp hind claws. "Tee hee hee! How cute, you thought you could attack me~! May as well get rid of all of you at once huh. That would be the best plan~! Lets see how an electric-type and his fire-type friends stand up to this attack!" Kara swung the heavy tip of her tail high into the air before bringing it down hard on the ground. A pleasing rumble sounded as the earth began shaking violently with the power of her earthquake. And Darkrai said that it would be hard for me to learn earthquake! Ha, ha ha hoo ha! Yessss.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    "Shierk!" Rani yelled as Kara flew down and pinned him to the ground. She made to run towards him, but suddenly Kara slammed her tail against the ground, sending a shockwave through it. As the earth shook beneath her feet, Rani felt her legs give way and she shrieked as she fell. If only she was a type strong against ground, or a Pokemon that could fly! She felt so helpless to protect the others!

Megaman765

Years
    Kara swung the heavy tip of her tail high into the air before bringing it down hard on the ground. A pleasing rumble sounded as the earth began shaking violently with the power of her earthquake.

"Watch out!" Len yelled. The Rumbling earth sent Len rolling backwards but eventually got back up on his feet. Without a firearm, The only attack Len could rely on is his bubble beam, yet he still had yet to master it. Still, it was all or nothing in this case. Len got into position out of kara's grip and prepared to fire a bubblebeam. Len then turned to Haley and said..

"All at once, Fire your water gun with my bubblebeam. That should hurt her a bit." Hoping She got the plan, Len fired his bubblebeam straight at Kara hoping that it wouldn't screw up like in the target range.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Mack saw it coming. Shierk lunged at Kara, but she instantly countered with X-Scissor and pinned him down as well.
    "May as well get rid of all of you at once huh. That would be the best plan! Lets see how an electric-type and his fire-type friends stand up to this attack!" She said soon after. She swung her tail upward and slammed it into the ground, thus causing an earthquake. It had most of them off their feet and temporarily stunned.
    Fortunately, Mack could levitate and quickly rose into the air and avoided the quake.
    Hoping that she didn't see it, Mack looked down and saw Len and Haley prepare an attack.
    "I hope this works! If her wings get wet she'll probably have difficulty flying." It spoke softly to itself.

Strikit

Years
    Rokan's flames went up in useless smoke as the ground beneath her began to rumble. She knew instinctively that it meant no good for her, though she did not know exactly what Kara had done. Whatever it was, she wanted no part in it. She began to move quickly, lunging this way and that in an effort to keep her feet off the ground enough so that she would not be harmed. It was a slim chance, she knew, but she could try nonetheless. In the meantime the water types sent an aqua assault. She prayed it would work.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    The world…it….was...shaking. Shierk opened his eyes and was relieved that he wasn't greeted by Kara shooting him with her guns. Unfortunately the relief left him when he saw the chaos around him.

Kara had her tail in the ground, creating a powerful earthquake. Shierk felt the ground rumble, before the next shockwave hit him. It looked as if the ground was rippling, bending to this witch's will. None of them had the power to stop her, except for Len and Haley. Well…maybe. If only he could just figure out how to use that attack. He kept thinking, until the next ripple hit.

He was amazed by its power, even as he was blasted into the air. Shierk saw his body fall back towards the earth. Impact. Shierk stood up wincing a few times. He couldn't walk, but he had to get to Haley and Len, he had to tell them his plan. From what Shierk could tell, they were behind him and to the right. Shierk bent his legs and jumped, just before the next ripple passed.

He landed directly next to them. Shierk turned towards them, feeling pain in places he didn't know hurt. "Guys, don't attack yet, wait for an opening. She's holding her defense while she's I this attack state. She's most likely to be weakest right when she releases her attack." Shierk looked around confusedly. "By the way, where's Alexei? Shouldn't he be out right now?" When it became obvious that he was nowhere to be found, Shierk's mind switched back into battle mode. He looked down at his arm and blinked a few times. His dad's ice punch had been powerful, a fist covered in ice hurtling towards the enemy at top speed.

Shierk couldn't even get a layer of frost. He tried once again, holding his fist up in front of him. He concentrated on his coldest most heartless feelings and directed it towards his arm. Tiny little ice crystals began forming, only to thaw when Shierk saw them. He looked up from his arm. "At the moment I can do nothing to help. I am sorry to place this weight upon you Haley and Len, but without Alexei here, you may be our only chance at survival."

Megaman765

Years
    Len noticed Shierk who just landed next to Len preparing his attack. Shierk was struggling, But told Len not to attack Kara yet. And wait for an opening. He was also concerned about where Alexei was at. "I have no idea where he is, But Don't worry, We got this." Len continued to prepare his bubble beam, Waiting for Haley to prepare as well for Kara's next attack. "As soon as she attacks, Counter with our water attacks... Also.. Shierk.." Len turned to Shierk. "Next time.. Don't be so reckless. Showing off is just going to get yourself killed, no offense..." He said with a rather serious tone.

Len turned back to Haley and said.. "Any time your ready."

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    "Shierk," Rani called when he heard him speak, "Just zap her! Zap her when she's covered in water!"
    She hoped he could hear her over the rumbling of the ground, but she also hoped that after hearing it, Kara wouldn't do something to mess up everyone's plan.
    Sure, Kara was a Ground Type Pokemon, but surely there would be some damage done if there was water all over her that would conduct the electricty... After all, when she had been covered in water from the fountain and touched Shierk, the electric shock she took weakened her a lot! It was worth a chance, surely?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back