• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Tower of the Stars

RhoAlpha

I lack sanity.
Years
  • Hello, readers and writers of this community! Here I shall post my WIP fanfiction, Tower of the Stars!
    Anyway, I'll posting this fanfic on another website as well, sonif you see it on Fanfiction.net, please dont assume that its someone else, k? Great, now then, lets get to the story!

Chapter one: Blue paws?

Memories flashed before me.

Would I dare believe these nightmares that took the form of reality? What was this city, that was shattered and burned into a pile of ashes? Where was I, hell, or was that once my home? Memories that once seemed to make sense all became lies when I stared upon the wasteland. My wasteland. Tears dripped from my eyes, and when they finally blinded me, the memory faded. My mind became blind to everything, and a face appeared, not one I had seen before, it was a face that wasn't human, it was mostly black and blue, with two floppy ear-like things hanging below its actual ears, and the face seemed to be that of some strange dog-like creature. I looked at its eyes, and its aquamarine eyes stared back. The strange creature stared back, but it seemed almost familiar...

Then I was dragged into nothingness.

...Where am I?
    I could feel the bark of a tree on my head, and grass under my back. I attempted to open my eyes, but my muscles would not respond. I couldn't see anything thanks to my irresponsive muscles, but at least I wasn't unconfortable here...

A pissed off voice suddenly yelled at me, "Hey! You! What the hell you think you be doin in my territory, boy? Get out, or I'll have ta slash your neck, boy!"

Well, there goes the calm, here comes the storm. Shit, and my muscles are still not responding! I began to panic, but my muscles still wouldn't work. What was going on here? My conciousness returned, but I still couldn't move!

"Thats it, boy, you dont wanna go? Well then you die in your sleep, ya shit!" The voice continued. Shit, someone please help me here!

A few moments passed, but they felt like hours, and I panicked more than I think was safe for my health.

Then I heard another voice, but I couldn't quite understand what it said, but then I could hear a loud sound similar to an explosion, and it became quiet.
    A voice, higher pitched than the other, and much calmer began to speak to me, "You have been paralyzed, but give me a moment, I have some cheri berries."
    ...Did that other guy paralyze me somehow? Why the hell would he do that? He wanted me out of his territory... Wait, what are cheri berries? Is he just mispronouncing "Cherries"?
    My thoughts were interrupted as I felt a paw open my mouth and pour in a strange, spicy liquid. I hadn't swallowed yet, but I could feel my muscles begin to respond. In mere seconds, I was finally able to move, so I swallowed this "antidote", and slowly I got up and opened my eyes. Trees and bushes surrounded me menacingly.
    ...A forest? How the hell did I get here?
    The voice spoke again, "I'm down here, by the way, and that damn Scizor is now toast, so dont worry."
    ...A Scizor? Wasn't that a pokemon? Pokemon don't even exis-
    I looked at where my hand SHOULD be, and was, to say the least, VERY surprised.
    "My hand... My hand is a FUCKING BLUE PAW?! WHAT THE HELL?!"
    "Uh, are you sane? Riolu's dont have hands, they have paws. And of course your paw is blue, why the heck wouldn't it be?"
    I looked for the source of the voice, only to find that it was a small, mostly black creature, with some red fur on its head and some above its eyes. Its paws looked like stubs. This was a zorua, no doubt, but pokemon STILL dont exist, so this has to be some weird dream, right? I continued to be shocked.
    "You need help"
    "I don't know whether I'm dreaming or not...", I muttered
    The zorua responded in an offended tone, "Hey, I, for one, dont particuarly LIKE the idea of being a creature in some insane persons dream."
    No wait, that was sarcasm, not anger.
    "Uhhh... I swear, I don't even know what the heck is going on here. A moment ago I wasn't a riolu..."
    "Alien race conspiracy? I think not. Now come with me if you dont like the idea of death-by-scizor-that-is-very-pissed."
    "Um, sure, I guess", I was still clueless as to what was going on, but I figured panicking wouldn't help, so I forced myself to stay as calm as possible.
    ...I still dont understand, though, pokemon never existed before I showed up in this forest!...Or perhaps I'm just a complete idiot. Either one works.
    I started to wonder how I got here, but nothing came to mind...
    Wait a second, NOTHING AT ALL CAME TO MIND.
    I FORGOT MY MEMORIES.
    "Shit, where'd I put them?"
    "Put what?"
    "Uh, my sanity?"
    "Probably elsewhere, but where almost at ther edge of the forest, then we go to town and find you a doctor."
    This zorua was SERIOUS?!
    "Uh, I was joking about me being insane, and about what I said before, I was joking...", yeah, that sounded believable, maybe. Maybe this zorua is already convinced I'm not sane.
    "Dude, one does not simply get saved and pull an elaborate prank on their savior."
    Damn, good point, but I should thank him about that.
    "Uhm, anyway, thanks for saving me earlier, I owe you."
    "No you don't, you actually served as a good distraction while I snuck up on that faggot. I actually was the one that put you there..."
    "What the hell! Why did you do that?!"
    "..."
    Jerk, at least he didn't cause my death. That wasn't fun though.
    "Well, I still am going to try to convince you that I was pulling a prank earlier."
    "You already failed, dude", The zorua smirked.
    I smirked as well, "Well, I still dont need a doctor, so I hope you were joking about that earlier."
    "Yup, I was."
    ...Damn, this zorua is good at pulling pranks, but then again...
    Its a zorua.
    "Anyway, I should introduce myself, I'm Zack, a nomadic... Prankster..."
    He didn't seem to be sure about being a "prankster", but I didn't feel like questioning him. After taking a moment to think, I then remembered my name, but still nothing else.
    "I'm Jack Greensky, but I can't seem to remember anything else..."
    "Well, I was heading to treasure town, you should come along, then, maybe someone there can help you.", Zack suggested.
    "Sure."
    And then we exited the forest. I was still confused, but at the very least I had a "Tour guide" in this strange new land. Still hoping this is a weird dream though.

Oh, and the story is SUPPOSED to be humorous, but it shall get darker later on. Very darker. :3

RhoAlpha

I lack sanity.
    Years
  • Well, heres the next chapter!

Chapter 2: Nomadic cult?

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Tower of the Stars

At times I ask myself, "Where am I?", and I always seem to get the answer, "Not here."

I woke up, from a dreamless sleep. I was under a apple tree where Zack and I decided to rest for the night. The zorua was beginning to stir, too. The sun was already pretty high in the sky, so we would need to get going immediately if we were gonna get to treasure town in time. I grabbed an oran berry from a nearby bush.
    …Dunno why but these berries taste familiar… Kind of.
    Zack was up… Finally. After a we both ate, we headed towards treasure town.
    "So, when did you become a nomad?", I asked Zack.
    "Uh, when I felt it was necessary."
    …Wait, how in the world would that work? One does not simply become a nomad at a young age SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY FELT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA.
    "How the hell does that make sense?"
    "Did I say it was supposed to? Nothing seems to make sense anymore, after all. I mean seriously! A few years ago, a random human from the future saved the world from time itself stopping! And when that seems crazy, the human somehow was brought back FROM NONEXISTENCE! That shouldn't be possible!"
    …This zorua REALLY knows how to make its point, but a human? Why does the name of that species seem familiar?
    "Well, um, maybe the human still existed in a paradox? Maybe?"
    …That seemed logical. I feel smart.
    "Well how do you suppose that it would escape?"
    "How do you suppose it wont?"
    "Damn this argument."
    I smirked and replied, "Your own fault, dude."
    "Oh, look, a distraction, lets get back on track, shall we?"
    ...I could see several buildings in the distance, maybe that's treasure town?
    "Look! Ahead of us! Treasure town!"
    …My thoughts have been confirmed.
    We hurried up the pace, but I then began to wonder, what exactly was the point of heading here?
    …Oh yeah, to find someone who might recognize me, I feel dumb.
    Soon enough, the town was right before us, and I stopped to read a sign.
    "Welcome to treasure town, a friendly home of explorers and adventurers!"
    "Oh, and forget, 'people who don't live here'"
    I sighed, "That's not exactly how it works, dude."
    "Shut up, I'm still the smarter one here"
    "Wanna bet?"
    "You don't have any Poke, so no"
    "…", Damn, he didn't even realize that's a joke, or at least SUPPOSED to be a joke…
    Zack lead me to the town square.
    …Its more of a circle.
    "This is the town square… Or center, whichever you prefer to call it. Officer magnezone should know if any riolu's have gone missing recently, so lets go see if he knows anything.
    Suddenly, a bidoof showed up.
    "Golly, you two lost?"
    …It's a fucking tiny town, you'd have to be fucking dumb to be lost.
    I held in my cursing, "No."
    "Golly, guess I was wrong then, yup yup.", the bidoof had a flawless country accent. That's all I thought about as he left towards a pink tent.
    Then I realized something.
    "THAT TENT IS A HEAD, HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT'S CREEPY.", I raised my voice, earning a few glares from people who obviously dislike my… Vocabulary.
    I decided to ignore them and follow Zack to the perso- I mean Pokemon, called officer magnezone.
    He was at the northern end of town, which actually took a while to get to. Wow, the place was bigger than it looked.
    We had to ask some "magnemite", which I will now call magnetite n' magnemite… What?
    ...Cave formation jokes! They're funny!
    I decided not to argue with myself about a cheesy joke, instead focusing on the giant magnet robot thing that showed up.
    "BZZT, GREETINGS YOU TWO, BZZT. WHO IS THE AMNESIAC ONE? BZZT."
    …This robot must be malfunctioning to make noises like that. Oh wait! Its not a robot! It's a UFO Magnet! I'm a genius now.
    "I am.", I replied.
    "BZZT, I AM AFRAID THERE HAVE BEEN NO REPORTS OF INSANE RIOLU'S GETTING LOST IN FORESTS, BZZT. THERE HAVE BEEN NOT LOST RIOLU'S AT ALL, IM AFRAID, BZZT."
    …That was anti climatic…
    I was ever-so-slightly discouraged by this, but then I realized something.
    …I need a job.
    "Well, then, Jack. Wanna join me and become a nomadic cult- I mean prankster?"
    I smiled at that dumb joke there, its hard not to, "Sure, being a member of a traveling demonic cult sounds fun."
    We both laughed at my continuation of his joke.
    …Nailed it, I am destined to be a comedian. Maybe. No wait, nevermind.
    Well, after saying goodbye to magnemite, magnetite(A/N I like to keep my puns, deal with it), and officer magnezone, we left towards a clothes shop.
    "We will need scarves, to help boost our strength and protect us from stuff like paralyzation.", he told me.
    "Alrighty then, I guess."
    We stepped into the shop and were greeted by a levanny. I'm wondering how I seem to know what all these pokemon are called...
    "Help me find a cheri scarf and a aspear scarf. The cheri scarf will protect the wearer from paralyzation, and the aspear scarf will help protect the wearer from moves that can freeze a pokemon.", Zack informed me.
    …Moves? Why does that sound familiar and strange at the same time? And apparently, pokemon can literally FREEZE each other! That doesn't sound good. Better find those scarves.
    I looked through the shop, which was filled with rows of all different kinds of clothes for all kinds of pokemon, even for four-legged pokemon! I suddenly found the idea of a four-legged pokemon wearing a suit I found that said, "I can walk on two legs, I prefer not to.", overly hilarious, and I gave in to the laughter. After a few moments of laughing, Zack saw the suit and told me that my sense of humor is terrible. I sighed and continued searching. After some time, I found some scarves and asked Zack if these were the right scarves.
    "Yup, those ones. The green one is an aspear scarf, and the red on is a cheri scarf. Grab them for me, I'm too short."
    "Alrighty then."
    We, or rather, Zack paid for the scarves, and we left.
    I couldn't help but wonder if that was real money he used to pay, or just an illusion.
    "Oh, and if you were wondering, that's what poke is, it's the currency. And I wasn't just using illusions. I'm not evil.", Zack said, almost as if replying to my thoughts.
    "Are you a psychic? I was just about to ask you that!"
    Zack was unamused, "No, I'm a dark type, quite the opposite, actually."
    ...Oh.
    We continued on, but by the time we reached the edge of town, I asked, "So we are now the wandering demonic cult that will steal the souls of many?"
    "Yup, now wear this cheri scarf, I'll wear the aspear scarf.", Zack replied, handing me the red scarf.
    After we put on our scarfs, I asked, "Wait, where were you carrying those scarves, anyway?"
    A bag suddenly appeared next to him.
    "Don't wanna get robbed, so I make my bag… Its not a purse… Invisible."
    …Almost, so close to making that joke. Oh well.
    We then left treasure town, and headed towards a place called, "apple woods".
    …Who ever named that place was feeling creative.

A/N:
    I'm gonna start doing authors notes at the end of each chapter, k?
    I hoped you like this chapter! We finally got to see Jack attempt to be funny. And fail.
    Muhahahahahahaha! He will never fulfill his dreams! Maybe. Heh.
    Anyway, I sure do wonder why Zack seems so upset about a human from the future showing up and causing all logic to die. :P
    Anyone got any suggestions for what the team that saved everyone should be? I only really decided that all former humans will become human-like pokemon, unless for whatever reason I see reason to break that rule. And I'm hoping I get some suggestions before next chapter, maybe?
    Anyway…
    *Tosses smoke bomb at ground and teleports*
    The smoke bomb had no purpose. :D
    Cya in the next chapter!

RhoAlpha

I lack sanity.
    Years
  • It was the flames of war that burned the world to ashes, but it was the lies I lived in that left me in the dust.

I woke up from another dreamless sleep. Zack was still asleep, however, and I looked at the sky to find out how long until morning.
    The moon was high in the sky.
    …Oh. How the hell did I not notice that I was still night? And what woke me up? I wasn't having a dream, and I don't think I would've woken up unless I was dreaming.
    Sighing, I rested my head back on the bottom of the tree, and closed my eyes.
    …This time I had a dream.
    I stood in what looked like a optical illusion. A figure wearing a black cloak greeted me.
    "Greetings Jack, please have a seat.", the cloaked figure spoke. Its voice sounded like a stereotypical businessman, almost. I sat in a chair I didn't know was there a second ago.
    "I would like to welcome you, Jack, to my home. Your probably wondering how you got here, right?"
    "Uhm, yes, sir."
    "No need to be formal, and you currently are asleep, its only you consciousness that is here, right now. I'm going to be blunt, you are dreaming."
    "Oh, then I really am going insane."
    "That's not to say you aren't here, Jack. Immortals can speak to mortals through dreams."
    …What? This dude is an IMMORTAL?!
    "…"
    "Jack, you're here for a reason, I need to talk to you."
    "Uhm, yes, sir?"
    "You already said the same thing earlier, and I'll say this again, 'No need to be formal'"
    "Yes, sir"
    The cloaked man sighed and took off his hood. His face was pale, and he had a beard. He looked like a detective without the awesome fedora and pipe.
    "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Fate, the immortal being of chance. I want you to understand something, Jack. The world you now are in is in danger, and not even I know yet what the cause is. The shadows, as those demons were called, seem to be related to the danger that world is in…"
    "Shadows?"
    "You don't remember, do you? Well, when you wake up, you wont remember this meeting at all, so it doesn't matter. Jack, just know this…"
    "And later forget it?", I added.
    "No, its knowledge, you will remember it, probably.", He coughed and continued, "Theres an endless number of ways something could or couldn't happen, so any possible event has a fifty-fifty chance of occurring. Theres hope, even when it seems lost Jack. Now go ahead and wake up and forget everything I told you, I'm going to take a nap for several weeks probably."
    Jack woke up, this time feeling like he had a dream, but he couldn't remember it at all.
    …I wonder if its morning this time…
    I looked up, almost looking directly at the sun on accident. The sun was pretty high.
    Only then did I notice Zack growling.
    "Dude, what the hell, I've been trying to wake you up for at least ten whole minutes!TEN WHOLE FUCKING MINUTES, NOW LETS GO TO APPLE WOODS NOW."
    With that being said, we headed towards the forest.
    …Still can't remember my dream, damn it.
    We found many apples, but only got some, and there were strange candy-like foods on the ground, too.
    "Those colored foods are gummi's, by the way, and don't ask why they are just randomly here, because no one really understands mystery dungeons. If its free, take it."
    "Unless it's a demonic possessed doll, in which case, run.", I replied.
    "Uh, no, its still free crap."
    "Death is free."
    Zack finally gave up, "Good point."
    I smirked and turned my head to face the room ahead of us.
    A roselia, looking really pissed, punched me in the face.
    …With flowers…
    "Intruders!", The roselia seemed to be quite the jerk, so I did what any fighting type would do in this situation.
    Beat the hell out of the enemy with a stick from a nearby tree.
    Then I realized how I was feeling weaker.
    "Jack! Knock it out quickly! You got poisoned by its poison point ability!", Zack told me while fighting a tangela.
    So I did what he said, but the flower-punches somehow hurt, so when I had finally knocked it out, I was barely conscious.
    "Eat this", Zack handed me a pink berry, and I ate it. I immediately felt the poison stop… Being poison. The berry was apparently an antidote. He then handed me an oran berry while he ate one himself. I ate my berry in a few bites, and the healing power of the berry helped with the pain of those flower punches.
    "Ready to go on, dude?", Zack asked.
    "Depends, are you?"
    "Yes."
    "I agree"
    Zack looked confused before realizing that I had essentially said "Yes.".
    …I finally succeeded at confusing someone! My life is complete. Mostly. Mostly not at all.
    We continued up a staircase which I question how the fuck that even fucking works.
    "How the hell are there stairs in a forest?"
    "Don't ask me, ask the person who built this place."
    "And who is that?"
    "Exactly."
    We continued in silence, and came across a few more enemies, but I was getting used to fighting them and Zack just burned them into… Burned enemies? Whatever, the enemies were knocked out so who cares, anyway?
    After a long day of exploring-finding-staircase-knocking-out-enemies-getting-free-items we finally left the forest.
    "So, that's a mystery dungeon, huh."
    "Yeah, they're really mysterious…", Zack began.
    "No dip."
    "Yes dip."
    "No."
    "Yes."
    "Good morning to you, too."
    "Okay.", Zack suddenly seemed to realize that I was better at keeping a straight face when saying something random than him, so he shut up.
    …I AM VICTORIOUS!
    "So, now that we have gotten some poke from that dungeon, we should head to town tomorrow. Fall will be coming soon, so we need more than these scarves, and since you seem to like fighting with a stick, maybe there is a place that sells swords. We also need a map, full elixirs, and a knife."
    "Why a knife?"
    "We are a cult, remember?", Zack then laughed, "No, its actually so we can make a better camp, we can use a knife to cut branches into smaller pieces of firewood, and also to carve branches into things we can use."
    "Like another knife?", I joked.
    "We head to treasure town tomorrow, and your joke was terrible."
    …Oh.
    The sun was setting, so I grabbed an apple, ate it, and fell asleep.

A/N:
    Sorry for the short chapter, but its late and I wanted to get it posted both here and fanfiction.net
    Soooooo...
    :3

RhoAlpha

I lack sanity.
    Years
  • Chronological order? What that?

A shadow-like creature stood back-turned to a pile of ashes that were once a city. The creature stood in front of a teenage boy. The shadow smirked, showing its sharply pointed white teeth.

Its blood-red eyes stared at the boy, daring him to step forward. When the boy stood his ground, not moving, the shadow-like creature took one step forward, flexing its claws that were stained from previous victims. It had been a long time, however, since the creature had killed a human.

The human had light colored skin that had been burnt by the sun in some areas, black hair that was messy and overgrown, a casual outfit that was clawed and covered in dirt in some spots, but his aquamarine eyes that showed no emotion. He held a long, thin sword in one hand, prepared for a fight.

The human had fought these creatures before, as his scars showed. Survival meant he had not only fought, but also ended the lives of these murderers.

Did that make him a murderer himself? Perhaps, but he fought for a great cause. Sadly, there were none to still protect the lives of as far as the boy knew. He had survived, only to fight when it was too late to save anyone. So what was his cause?

"I will kill you if you stand in my way, shadow."

The shadow let out a distorted laugh, "I do not stand in your path to die, Jack. I am here to finish you."

Jack did not care for what this demon said, if it wanted to fight, then so be it.

He stepped forward, and attempted to slice the demon, but ended up slicing nothing as the demon sidestepped. The demon countered by trying to stab Jack with its long claws, but Jack was equally as agile. Jack had sidestepped and jumped forwards to counter the shadow. He spun in mid-air, holding his sword in front of him in attempt to chop his foes head in two. It was to no avail, as the shadow had protected itself with its claws. The bloodstained claws did not only serve as a weapon, but also as a shield, Jack knew, but this was the first time a shadow had deflected an attack with as much skill as this shadow. Jack landed roughly, and the shadow took its opportunity. The demon threw a punch in Jack's direction, who had no time to dodge, leaving the human with a painful gash in his shoulder. Demons, however, were not very intelligent, and the shadow did not expect Jack to be able to continue using his sword after being injured in his shoulder. Jack threw his sword to his other hand and stabbed the shadow, who did not expect the counterattack. Jack had been wounded before, he would only need to use the device Professor Elm had invented to heal his gash.

Jack needed to get back to the abandoned lab, however, before nightfall, so Jack ignored the pain as best he could and continued on.

The lab was not exactly completely abandoned, there were robots that took care of the place, having no actually sentience, they did not need to worry about the demons. Only Jack did.

Jack stepped into the room labeled "Library", as this room was the most quiet, Jack had started using this room as his workspace.

The boy held a large, pink-colored pearl. This pearl, however, was no ordinary pearl, it was a dimensional catalyst capable of warping space when negatively charged. A machine sat on the far end of the room, and Jack, holding the catalyst carefully, walked towards the machine and set the pearl on a metal plate. Jack turned on the machine, which prompted him for a password. He typed in the password and then was prompted to scan his thumb on a small scanner located on the side of the keyboard. Upon scanning his thumb, the machine was activated, and after a few moments of booting up, the pearl began to darken.

Jack knew what would soon happen, and he was more than ready to leave this world.

However, he had one last thing to do. Grabbing an old piece of paper and a nearly dry pen, he scribbled a note.

"Brother, or anyone else who somehow has reached this place,

I want you to know that there may still be hope, the well known Professor Elm had invented a machine that warps space itself, allowing travel between connected universes. I have found the dimensional catalyst and activated it, which will open a portal to the universe where the catalyst was created. I am certain that the shadows are up to something more that the end of humanity, and I am completely determined to find out what.

The password to activate the machine is "WASTELANDcatalyst7385"

To disengage the thumb scanner, pull the dark green plug from the machine, NOT FROM THE OUTLET, THAT WOULD CAUSE THE MACHINE TO TURN OFF AND NOT TURN ON FOR 24 HOURS.

If you don't like the idea of death, activate the machine, and enter the dimensional gate.

I, Jack Greensky, am on the other side as you read this, though to be still alive is yet another question."

Jack Greensky placed the note on a desk nearby the machine, then turned to face the dimensional gate that formed.

"I know there still some hope, somewhere."

And he stepped through.

Palkia stood in a forest that was now dead. He knew time could be changed, just as it had been by an exploration team that prevented the paralyzation of time itself. He sighed, the only way to prevent this from ever happening was to end himself. He only could hope that the alternate universe that his lifeless catalyst pearl would be sent to would have someone capable of preventing the end of all life here. He could only hope.

Palkia sighed, and with a loud explosion he was gone, and so was the catalyst pearl that was his blood in a solid, spherical form.

His last action was to send his catalyst through the fabric of space, where it would land in a timeless world where the sun would never set.

Please, let whoever finds the pearl be capable of preventing the shadows from ending all life.

Please.

A human stumbled through a mostly abandoned lab, eventually finding a library.

"This is where that robot said the human was last…"

The human was a teenaged boy, seemingly only a few years older than the last person to set foot here. This boy, however, looked more tough than the other, and held two short swords instead of one long blade like the other had. The boy had dark brown hair, and wore casual clothes that were in no different a condition than the clothes of the previous inhabitant. This boy had brown eyes that darted in each direction, searching for something.

A note.

The human read the note carefully and slowly, but soon remembered who the author of the note was, his brother. He had forgotten his last name as he hadn't even used his own name in a long time, but upon reading the note, he remembered his brother, and let out tears of joy.

After so long, he may finally see his brother again, though fear choked him for a moment when he read that his brother did not know where the portal led.

Even though there were so many possible ways this would end up badly, a chance was better than none, so he followed the instructions his brother left, activated the dimensional gate, and stepped through.

"If you survived this long, I can only hope you can survive longer, brother."

A/N:

This is a chapter that is more of a prologue, but I'll probably end up writing more events that occurred in past. Anyway, I think its pretty obvious that this chapter was written differently, being in third person. Also, I think I nailed the battle scene, and I think I'll be skipping walks from now on, so yeah…

Read and review mortals! Heheheheheheh I'm so ebil.

Btw, ebil is more ebil than evil, so be warned! xD

RhoAlpha

I lack sanity.
    Years
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Tower of the Stars
    Chapter 4

Even in winter, the sun would scorch the land. For this reason, all above-ground plant life had withered, and few animals still survived above-ground. I at one point believed there were still survivors underground. Perhaps and underground resistance?

I woke up from a blank slate of dreamless sleep. The slate soon got filled with my surroundings.
    …And a new day begins.
    I grabbed an apple from our… Not-purse.
    …I still don't know what to call it, the word "Purse" wont leave my mind.
    After devouring the apple, I looked towards the rising sun, nearly blinding myself. I still didn't know why the regular temperatures of this place seemed so… Not painful?
    …No dip, me.
    Zack had finally woken up, after the few moments of almost blinding myself.
    "Lets go.", He immediately said.
    "Wait, aren't you gonna eat before we leave?"
    "…Oh, yeah."
    "Well, I'll go grab some more oran berries, we can sell them for a small amount each, but if we take a lot we can make a good amount from them."
    "Good idea.", Zack said, almost choking afterwards due to his stupidity.
    "Zack, you should shut up and swallow before talking."
    "Good ide-", Against all logic, Zack then coughed out a bite of his apple to prevent choking.
    I was not inclined to continue talking, so I walked over to a nearby oran bush, that was located a few feet from where we were camping. I, being inpatient, didn't bother picking berries one-by-one, I just ripped off a huge branch and walked off victoriously.
    …I, once again, am a genius, lets see how long this lasts.
    A few moments later, and the branch was inside of the bag. I don't really understand how it fit. Some things don't make sense here. After all, there are maps that apparently automatically map out the area the map is in, and its just paper! Zack was right to say this world lacks logic nowadays.
    We head off to treasure town.
    "So, Jack, we should split up to get everything. You can go get some clothes, and I'll get supplies and tools."
    "Alright."
    "Then we go invent the teleportation machine."
    "Good idea."
    Zack almost fainted from laughing so hard he nearly choked ON FUCKING OXYGEN. I just shrugged, however, and walked on with some poke to get the clothes.
    …Damn zorua got what he deserved, death by laughter.
    Eventually, Zack caught up, and we stood right in front of town.
    A corphish walked up to greet us, "Hey, hey! Never seen you two before, welcome to treas-"
    I didn't bother letting him finish, "We know where we are, mortal."
    …Dunno why I said "Mortal", but the tone I said it in was threatening enough, so the corphish left, not wanting to argue with my attitude. I didn't feel the need to care, however.
    With that, Zack and I split up. As we had planned, he left towards the kecleon market, while I left towards the levanny clothes shop.
    A while of walking later, and not to mention ignoring the residents of treasure town, and I was there. I walked through the door and was greeted by levanny again, and this time I returned the greeting.
    …I need to find some clothes for the cold.
    And so, I searched around the place where I had seen the scarves the last time I was here, and I found…(A/N Drumroll please!)
    …A cloak worthy of being worn by a demonic cult premium member, and not to mention in the menacing black color! I got two, one small and one in my size, paid, and left.
    …I still have a lot of poke left, maybe I should see if there are any weapon shops here...
    I looked around for a while, and after an annoying thirty minutes of searching, I found one.
    …FINALLY. MY SEARCH IS COMPLETE.
    The shop was run by a friendly machoke, and had a large variety of swords. I looked around for a while, and eventually I came across a strange, but powerful, looking sword.
    A katana, as it is called. The sword of the agile, the sword of the greatest of sword masters.
    …Wheres a Sensei when you need one?
    I bought it anyway, it wasn't too big, as I was quite tall for a riolu. There were few riolus that don't evolve before reaching this height, so I was only a foot shorter than a lucario, when most riolus are about half the height of a lucario. In other words, I had no problem carrying the blade. On the other hand, its kinda illegal to kill pokemon, so I had to keep the katana in its leather… Thing that I use to carry it? I have no fucking clue. (A/N I didn't feel like searching it up, I write on my tablet as of now, I'll search up the name later, probably.)
    I had spent nearly all of the poke I had, and I walked towards the town square to meet up with Zack.
    "Dude, I got you a cloak, here.", I tossed him the cloak, and left him to struggle to get it on.
    "Damn it."
    Laughing evilly, I set off towards the edge of town, and the bidoof from two days before greeted me.
    …Again.
    "Golly, you must be new to treasure tow-", He obviously didn't remember me. This was a fact that would lead to my anger… Occurring?
    "SHUT THE HELL UP YOU FUCKING IDIOT I KNOW WHERE I AM YOU DUMB PIECE OF SHIT.", I didn't bother letting him finish, when have I ever? I did get a few more stares than last time for my fantastic word usage. How nice, they really don't seem to understand the many uses of curse words. The bidoof got the point and backed away.
    …Use number one, letting your frustrations become more obvious!
    I didn't bother quizzing these… Potential students, however, I had better things to do.
    …Sword training.
    Enough has been said.

I headed out towards the beach to practice using the katana I bought, and after a few moments of accidentally forgetting what the hell I was doing as I stared at the waves, a zorua wearing a cloak appeared.
    A rather large cloak, too.
    I barely managed to not laugh at Zack, "Dude, that cloak is huge!"
    "You were the one who was supposed to get clothes for the fall and winter, and THIS is what YOU PICKED."
    "So? You look hilarious, I think I might die.", ironically, I said that in a serious tone. A very serious one.
    "Shut the hell up, jerk."
    "Good idea, I need to practice using this katana."
    "Try stabbing the earth and see what happens to the planet, maybe it bleeds."
    "Now YOU are the one making bad jokes! I AM FINALLY FREE OF THE TITLE 'WORST COMEDIAN IN EXISTENCE'!"
    "Nah, the title still fits you."
    "Oh."
    I suddenly realized I wasn't gonna get any training done by arguing with Zack, so I started practicing by stabbing trees that were located near the beach.
    "You just left a tree to suffer.", Zack joked.
    I smirked and continued the joke, "So suffer it shall."
    Then I forgot how to take training seriously and began to stab the tree until it could be legally considered "dead".
    …I wonder if trees would be considered vegetables if they had the same rights as pokemon.
    The very idea seemed more funny than it should have been. Terrible sense of humor, once again, confirmed.
    Wait a second.
    I looked towards the tree I stabbed and saw that three of my stabs had carved a triangle.
    I could no longer resist.
    The temptation was too great.
    "ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED."
    "Uh, what the fuck?"
    I shut up and decided I would never say that again, I mean seriously.
    That's a really old joke. Like five year-
    Wait, what the hell is the illuminati? Shit, must've been an old joke from my past that I almost remembered. That's kinda sad.
    "What ever you had said a second ago, never say it again."
    He still isn't a psychic type?
    "Sure, wont say it again."
    "Good."
    I noticed just then that the sun was setting, so we set up a small camp right there.
    I was too tired to care about eating after we had set up a fire, so I just skipped eating and closed my eyes, laying with my head on my scarf as a pillow. Stabbing trees is tiring, seriously! I don't even get it myself, though. Don't ask me.
    …And I am talking to myself again, "Hello, me!"
    And I was asleep.
    "Goodnight, me!"

A/N:
    Yay, new chapter! And guess what! Guess!
    Summer is gonna be over. I have to read a book called "Enders Game" for school.
    That wasn't good news D:
    But heres the good news!
    I am getting closer to the chapter when Jack will create a "team" with Zack, which will take the form of a… Nah wont spoil it here.
    Anyways, I would like to thank Psychotic Sic for being the first to favorite and follow this fanfiction! Thanks! But I still could use some feedback in the form of reviews :P
    Uhm, Im not being a unthankful author I swear! I just think it would be nice to have some feedback! Also, if your reading this fanfic from PokeCommunity, scratch out review and put in "comment"!
    Uh, so yeah, as I have said before and will continue to say plea-
    (suddenly, two guests appear!)
    Zack: Allow me, author. Please read and review, or suffer a slow and painful illusional death.
    Jack: Zack, its your turn to shut the fuck up. Uhm, please read and review, but don't worry about what my friend said! Seriously, he just forgot his coffee! I think.
    Zack: I don't drink coffee…

Back