• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mythril

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Hello People,
    Thought I may as well submit, even though I'm still working. I am able to work at least an hour a day on this. Any suggestions will be taken seriously (unless it is an unserious suggestion.)
    Here we go!

Title: Pokemon Mythril
    Hack of : Pokemon Gold

Story: On (insert name)'s 16th birthday, it is time for him to become a full member of his village. In order to do so, he must enter the Sanapin cave, and reach its bottom.
    Upon doing so, he receives his first pokemon (Sandshrew), and discovers that the world will be destroyed by Team Terra. The elder of the village starts him on a quest to stop Terra, before the point of no return is reached.

Features:
    Storyline is the big focus. I am not a very good artist, so there will be few new sprites and tiles.
    All areas will be rescripted.
    *Partial* Love interest for main character.

Update 4/29/08
    Sanapin cave has been fully scripted.
    World has been given the name of Krant

Update 6/09/08
    First Town Is complete, With the exception of 2 small glitches I am in the process of figuring out.
    1. There is a random NPC with an off colored sprite near your house. Talking to will crash the game. Why, i have no clue. There isn't even a player event in that spot.
    2. Your Mom's flags are not working properly. Again, I have no clue, but am working on it.
    However. The First Beta is out. Not much, but I was excited to put it up. Still needs work, but now summer will let me do much on this.

Attatchments
    1. End of Sanapin Cave
    2. Sanapin Cave entrance in first town
    3. Beginning of Sanapin Cave
    4. Kelly's House (figure it out.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, a gold hack!!! this sounds neat! I like the whole
    On (insert name)'s 16th birthday, it is time for him to become a full member of his village. In order to do so, he must enter the Sanapin cave, and reach its bottom.
    . This sounds cool. If you make this a fire red hack ill be able to help you out alot. I dont hack GSC. So if you decide to make this a fire red hack, ill be a mapper and scriptor.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    I prefer GS hacking, as I have spent many long hours figuring out all the hex coding. Only thing I need to finish the hack (besides time :( ) is how to change the title screen. And I prefer to work alone ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    May as well.

Hey CBM, if you're out there, could you give me some advice on how to edit the title screen?

Hat?

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    I don't really have any suggestions, I just commented to say that the screenshots look great and the story sounds interesting, good luck with your hack!

simplynaruto

Banned
    Years
  • Younghove please dont go and tell a person to hack fire-red. Its overrated and I know I hav no place to talk seeing as a hack of fire-red is exactly what I am planning but hacking gold is fine enough You also need more knowledge with hacking gold and all retro pokemon games so it acually turns out better. Anyway good luck zarakava.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Thanks for your support. I plan to have this released by the end of summer, and I'd say a Beta probably around the end of May, but don't hold me responsible for the May release. I am currently finishing out my Freshman year of HS, and school takes priority over this for me.

Zarakava

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    I have to bump this to prevent posting in a month old thread. Work has been temporarily suspended because of school. I just do not have the time at the moment. However, this is my last week then finals, so summer will see updates. I still have many ideas, just no time to implement right now.

Hat?

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    I liked it, the scripting was great in Sanapin Cave!

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • YAY! A fellow gold hacker :)
    Firstly, you're gonna need TLP (Tile Layer Pro)
    secondly you need the titlescreen.ips in the .zip i attached
    inside that zip there is also a palette file (credit to Cartmic) to make TLP easier to use
    i dont remember the offset for the titlescreen but once you apply the patch it's somewhere in there :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    lol tightness. I needed some help with the title screen. Thanks much dude.

I work slowish because i prefer working alone and testing it all, but I just couldn't figure out the title. I think for the mom, i may just rescript that part, because i did half a month ago, and now I cant remember what i was doing there, so I'll just set all her events to scratch.

Thanks for input.

EDIT: did anyone else get the glitches i had in the first post. I think it was my emu not working, instead of the hack, because i just booted it up on my DS, and the glitches arent there.

I've figured out the glitches i posted. New IPS will be up in about 5 hrs. I got drivers ed, then gonna fix em.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    New Ips.

Updates:
    Glitches fixed
    Stranark Town Finished
    First route began
    Kelly's House mapped, 1st visit scripted.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    hey guys. I am going to start working on this again. The laptop that i had been using crashed, but i have found my files again.

Hat?

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    Nice! I wondered what happened to Mythril! Good luck!

Back