• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon:Nautical Requiem

Cerebrawl

g/s/c ROM Hacker
    Years
    Here's the idea for a hack I'm starting.
    Hack of : Gold

Team thing( I haven't named them yet.) are attacking. You quickly see your next door neighbor, who always told you stories about how he fought Team Rocket when he was younger. He gives you the offspring of one of his pokemon who fought with him to protect you. He tells you to follow the route to he port south of town, and that he'll be there son after he's gotten everyone away safely. At the end of the route your meet your rival, an beginner baddy. After beating him the old guy catches up. He asks for his name and then tells you that this is the son of HIS rival. Anyway you get on the boat and the next time you speak to the old guy he explains why they attack the small island you call home. They are after Lugia and your island is the ideal place to set-up base to search for it.

Well that's the basic story. I'm going to sort of divide the game up into 10 "chapters" or mini quests. At the end of the first 8 chapters you fight and executive or similar. Who after you beat will flee leaving the hoard of goodies behind. So basically there like gym leaders. I haven't really fleshed out the storyline that much but I'm planning on making it so after you have beaten the 8 "executives" You return to your island and fight the Five leaders of the team aka the Elite four in the original game. After beating them they make good there escape by using a machine to raise a huge storm. Many of team thing are still out in their ship when the storm hits, with many innocent people trapped on board. From the title you can probably tell what happens next. The final chapter is a rescue mission.

So what does everyone think of this storyline, any suggestions.

And BTW does anyone have a tutorial for title screen hacking in gold. It's the one thing I don't know how to do. :embarrass

Cerebrawl

g/s/c ROM Hacker
    Years
    How about something useful from you, like maybe feed back on my hack theme, suggestions or even an actual link to a tutorial, because after your post I scoured the tutorial thread for the third time and still have not found one.

I'm sorry if I was a bit short with you, but I was in a crap mood when I posted. Anyway I found out how to hack title screen so if anyone could comment/add to the idea soonish because I'm going to have a big hacking session on Sunday because I have the day off work.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    It is a good idea not entirely sure how you will do the boating thing but it's a challenge so it will be worth doing. I'm sorry I don't have any more ideas for you so you can expand your story but I just got back from work and my brain isn't working too well.

Back