• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon Needed

Years
  • In Pokemon Sapphire I have 131 Pokemon. I am trying to complete the pokedex as much as I can. On the 28th of this month I am getting a part for the GameCube called the GameBoy Player, it can be used as a GameBoy Advance. I have Pokemon FireRed with 63 Pokemon on it 17 of which I got sooner or later in Sapphire. I have 46 Pokemon I am going to trade to Sapphire from FireRed so I can have 46 more Pokemon. Here thay are: Can any of them be found anywhere in Hoenn without trading?
    Metapod
    Weedle
    Kakuna
    Rhyhorn
    Rattata
    Mankey
    Magikarp
    Caterpie
    Paras
    Diglett
    Onix
    Farfetch'd
    Clefable
    Ekans
    Drowzee
    Eevee
    Nidoran (Male or Female)
    Hitmonchan
    Doduo
    Exeggcute
    Tauros
    Venonat
    Raticate
    Lapras
    Tangela
    Areodactyl
    Kabuto
    Koffing
    Arcanine
    Ditto
    Gloom
    Hypno
    Golbat
    Seel
    Marowak
    Arbok
    Dugtrio
    Horsea
    Dragonair
    Meowth

Please Help!

This should give you all a bit of a challange...

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Hello, and good luck with your quest to fill out the Pokedex. A lot of the first generation pokemon you listed can't really be found in hoenn, but some can.
    Rhyhorn - the area of the Safari zone that needs the Mach Bike (a sandy slope)
    Magikarp - fish *anywhere* with the old rod. [the old rod is from a fisherman in dewford]
    Golbat - evolve zubat, which is found in most caves.
    Gloom - in the safari zone, kinda uncommon

I think those are the only ones for your list that are catchable in sapphire [might be others, i've played emerald, but not sapphire =s] if you do do a *big* tradeover, try trading the lowest stage of the evolution over, once for each pokemon line, so you can get all the stages, without having to trade too much.

Since evolution stones are buyable in FRLG, you can theoretically buy them with ease in Celadon, then give then as *held items* to the pokemon that need them, ready to evolve when you need.

Last edited:
    Back