• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Neon Blue V2.5E

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    There are two gift pokemon, Castform in Water Route and Larvitar in Sylectro Cave. (Though Larvitar has just been added in the latest patch.)
    Both pokemon are found inside pokeballs.

sorry for asking again, i'm currently in champ makers trying to catch entei

I wanna ask some question :
    1. where can I get the exp share? I want to use it on beldum and entei
    2. where is the tm 35 flamethrower?

thank you,

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    sorry for asking again, i'm currently in champ makers trying to catch entei

I wanna ask some question :
    1. where can I get the exp share? I want to use it on beldum and entei
    2. where is the tm 35 flamethrower?

thank you,

Redownload the latest patch, there are two new move tutors, one in Sylectro Town and one in Florrest Village. The one in Sylectro Town teaches tm's from 1 to 25, and the other one from 26 - 50, so flamethrower is in Florrest Village.

You can get 2 exp shares, one way to the right of Eon Town, there will be some gems on the floor, and when interscted with you'll obtain them.

Second way is to talk to the npc between Florrest Village and Lightsone Route. That npc will gove out an exp share.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    Redownload the latest patch, there are two new move tutors, one in Sylectro Town and one in Florrest Village. The one in Sylectro Town teaches tm's from 1 to 25, and the other one from 26 - 50, so flamethrower is in Florrest Village.

You can get 2 exp shares, one way to the right of Eon Town, there will be some gems on the floor, and when interscted with you'll obtain them.

Second way is to talk to the npc between Florrest Village and Lightsone Route. That npc will gove out an exp share.

how can I redownload the latest patch? I play it on android using johngba, and I downloaded the rom from gbahacks.com v2.5d last updated on 20th January, is it the latest patch? because I can't found tm tutor on sylectro town

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    how can I redownload the latest patch? I play it on android using johngba, and I downloaded the rom from gbahacks.com v2.5d last updated on 20th January, is it the latest patch? because I can't found tm tutor on sylectro town

That probably isn't the latest version even if it's v2.5d, because I kept updating the attachment in this thread.

Just download the patch from here, an IPS patching tool, and a fire red v1.0 rom.

Patch the NeonBlueV2.5D.ips onto the fire red rom while using your last save (.sav) file, and just change the patched rom file name to match the .sav file.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    That probably isn't the latest version even if it's v2.5d, because I kept updating the attachment in this thread.

Just download the patch from here, an IPS patching tool, and a fire red v1.0 rom.

Patch the NeonBlueV2.5D.ips onto the fire red rom while using your last save (.sav) file, and just change the patched rom file name to match the .sav file.

It works! even the tm are reusable

thank you very much

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    I'd just finished my playthrough, that was pretty enjoyable ride https://ibb.co/KsjmBFT

if possible for improvement, you could make more competitive moveset for NPC trainers, expecially gym leaders, rivals, and elite four, not just level-up move. The champion's suicune that I fought still have gust and aurora beam, you can put surf and ice beam for example to make the battle more challenging.

Thank you for making this rom hack, keep up the good work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    i am 100% sure there was an other one because i putted two pokemon's of mine their but i can't find it again... :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Does this game have a Discord server? If not, then please make one! Also, does this game have PSS split? I want my Feraligatr to have a physical Water and Ice move like Waterfall and Ice Fang...

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    i am 100% sure there was an other one because i putted two pokemon's of mine their but i can't find it again... :(

That sounds like a pretty bad glitch since I don't ever remember putting an NPC that takes player's pokemon like that, if you remember the place where that happened (if it has), I'll try to look into it.

Does this game have a Discord server? If not, then please make one! Also, does this game have PSS split? I want my Feraligatr to have a physical Water and Ice move like Waterfall and Ice Fang...

This game doesn't have a discord, nor will have one, all questions can be asked here.

But as far as the pss split goes, I could probably make a seperate ips file with it if I get to know how to change the moves, but since old movesets would be applied some pokemon like Houndoom would get crippled because all dark type moves it gets turn into physical moves (though Gengar would benefit from it).

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    That sounds like a pretty bad glitch since I don't ever remember putting an NPC that takes player's pokemon like that, if you remember the place where that happened (if it has), I'll try to look into it.

This game doesn't have a discord, nor will have one, all questions can be asked here.

But as far as the pss split goes, I could probably make a seperate ips file with it if I get to know how to change the moves, but since old movesets would be applied some pokemon like Houndoom would get crippled because all dark type moves it gets turn into physical moves (though Gengar would benefit from it).

I mean Houndoom and the other Pokémon that are crippled from it, there is always at least one move for them like Dark Pulse and like I said, Waterfall and Ice Fang. But I understand if you can't. I will just try to get a +Sp. Atk boosted nature on my Totodile or just use Cyndaquil.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    I mean Houndoom and the other Pokémon that are crippled from it, there is always at least one move for them like Dark Pulse and like I said, Waterfall and Ice Fang. But I understand if you can't. I will just try to get a +Sp. Atk boosted nature on my Totodile or just use Cyndaquil.

Actually, in the meantime I made an alternative patch (the 2.5X version) where I applied the PSS (no new movesets though and I didn't test the game out but it should work) and it's in the attachments.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Actually, in the meantime I made an alternative patch (the 2.5X version) where I applied the PSS (no new movesets though and I didn't test the game out but it should work) and it's in the attachments.

Yoo, really? Thanks dude, deffo gonna patch the game with the PSS patch!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Odd. Occasionally my first turn in a battle gets completely skipped. I battled a Wild Caterpie, it used tackle. I had selected Bite on my Larvitar, but after Caterpie's Tackle, it went to the next turn.
    Edit: Now it's actually upgraded to extremely annoying. I can't catch stuff cause after the first skipped turn, the mon either gets one shot, or (in this specific case) uses Whirlwind.
    Edit: Gust isn't a Physical move under the PSS. It's Special.
    Edit: Sometimes a second Wild Mon comes out as the Victory music plays in a Wild fight. Says it's sent out by Brocc.
    Edit: How am I supposed to progress the story? I'm blocked by some old dude wanting Tea (Can't find it) a "vicious" Moltres, Psyducks that prevent me from getting a badge, and boats that block the path from Sylectro to Aquares.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Odd. Occasionally my first turn in a battle gets completely skipped. I battled a Wild Caterpie, it used tackle. I had selected Bite on my Larvitar, but after Caterpie's Tackle, it went to the next turn.
    Edit: Now it's actually upgraded to extremely annoying. I can't catch stuff cause after the first skipped turn, the mon either gets one shot, or (in this specific case) uses Whirlwind.
    Edit: Gust isn't a Physical move under the PSS. It's Special.
    Edit: Sometimes a second Wild Mon comes out as the Victory music plays in a Wild fight. Says it's sent out by Brocc.
    Edit: How am I supposed to progress the story? I'm blocked by some old dude wanting Tea (Can't find it) a "vicious" Moltres, Psyducks that prevent me from getting a badge, and boats that block the path from Sylectro to Aquares.

Thanks for the detailed bug report, this seems like it was caused by wild double battles that I inserted in the last patch. I removed that and things seem to be ok now, and also, I forgot to change gust to special as well as some other moves and that's taken care of now too.
    I encountered another pokemon being sent out by a trainer in wild battles as well as the first turn being skipped, but I only didn't get the glitch where you couldn't catch the pokemon after the first turn (or it using whirlwind.)

(Try patching again with the latest release and see if the issue with the wild battles persists)

And for the progressing, here's what you need to do to advance further:
    - After defeating bikers in Champ Makers, and getting the call from prof. Cornel, fly to Aquares Island (you can catch a Farfetch'd in CM) and go south-west, where a tuber will be and you can pass there.

- Find the parcel there
    Spoiler:
    and fly to Champ Makers, go right into Voxel Town and that should be it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I had boost on, and skipped through the Prof's phone call after Commando. Where am I supposed to go?

Back