• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Neon Glow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
Pokémon Neon Glow
First Demo Now Available!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an upcoming Pokémon fan game full of tons of fakemon and even regular Pokémon!
Get the first demo now on GameJolt!

Features
  • Tons of Fakemon: This game features over 200 brand new fakemon!
  • "Regular" Pokémon: The game is to contain as many of the Pokémon from previous generations but fakemon come first.
  • New Region: Discover the brand new Palimo region, full of new areas to explore!
  • Fairy Type: No explanation needed.
  • A New Type: That's all I'm going to tell you (shh, this is a secret).
  • A "good" team as well as an evil team: Players can join Team Light to take on the evil Team Dark
And more!

Story

Welcome to the Palimo region. Just like any Pokémon game, your character must start their own Pokémon journey. First they select their starter Pokémon and go off battling and going through the generic 8 gym progression but don't be fooled... this game isn't as generic as you may think!

Not long into the journey your character gets caught up in an unique adventure when they run into the evil Team Dark! Leading to the discovery of a the mysterious "Neon Stone" this stone holds a power able to somehow combat team dark! Now you must team up with the elusive Team Light and take down Team Dark while recruiting gym leaders and other people to join Team Light along the way. It's an action packed adventure that's full of twists and turns!
Credits
####################################################
#### Pokemon Essentials ###
####################################################

### General graphics / Music / Intellectual property ###
###########################################################
Nintendo
GameFreak
###########################################################

Last edited by a moderator:

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
I'm just going to say that there's not a lot to grab people's attention here. It's pretty much the exact same as a ton of other fan-games that exist. Player gets a Pokemon, goes on a journey, fights evil team, etc.

Another thing: you called it a unique adventure, but you're not stating what makes it unique. If you show how something is unique rather than just saying that it is, that'll probably grab more people's attention.

Also, the new type wouldn't either Light, Shadow, or Cosmic, would it?

Years
I think I kind of agree with what Lazor said. Not to be rude but it sounds plain. Make it have a deeper story. I would say an example but that's the story of the pokemon game I'm creating right now. But something I could tell you is think about your main character and not as a plain character that the player uses but a main character that the player can understand because it has a story.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
I'm just going to say that there's not a lot to grab people's attention here. It's pretty much the exact same as a ton of other fan-games that exist. Player gets a Pokemon, goes on a journey, fights evil team, etc.

Another thing: you called it a unique adventure, but you're not stating what makes it unique. If you show how something is unique rather than just saying that it is, that'll probably grab more people's attention.

Also, the new type wouldn't either Light, Shadow, or Cosmic, would it?

I'm sorry, I am trying to keep the game secret a little until the first demo but I'll give you some somewhat interesting spoilers if you want :)

Of course the game sounds pretty basic that is the idea and well I'm trying to be a little innovative here goes:
As mentioned, Team Dark is the evil team in the game and you encounter them after finding them at the site of a meteorite/asteroid crash. The space rock emits a strange energy and seems to be very powerful, Team Dark claims it is the only thing that might be able to stop them. You see Team Dark is in possession of one of two Pokémon that control all timelines and infinite possibilities, upon owning both Pokémon they will be able to influence the timeline so that they are literally unstoppable but the energy from the stone is unpredictable, it can not be controlled by anyone except whoever is in possession of it and can not be located, even by influencing the flow of time. it is so random that it always appears in a different location for each timeline so it is the one thing Team Dark can't control.
Your character now comes into contact with the rival team: Team Light! Don't worry though, these are the good guys, they have been searching for the stone as well in hopes that it may stop Team Darks plans. Your character is to recruit gym leaders and other trainers to join team light but betrayal may be just around the corner and secrets are uncovered making you question what team is really the one that is "good" and what team you really should be helping.

I intend to have the plot at least be fun and interesting (although the first demo will only go to the second gym so you won't get too far in the story) and to include some innovative and fun features.
If you have some suggestions I would be happy to hear them :)

And no, the new type is not any of the ones you have listed. I was thinking of doing a virus or bacteria type but then came up with something else... (Still a secret)

I think I kind of agree with what Lazor said. Not to be rude but it sounds plain. Make it have a deeper story. I would say an example but that's the story of the pokemon game I'm creating right now. But something I could tell you is think about your main character and not as a plain character that the player uses but a main character that the player can understand because it has a story.

Adding a story to the main character could be cool but as my most recent post explains there is an advanced plot (I gave away spoilers) that kinda realize upon your character not being aware of the events at hand, grasping the player into the story because they also should not be aware of these things. I developed the character a bit by giving him a younger brother and made it so interacting with things will often give text that can be funny or just fun to notice. In fact most items in your house are interactive and give a message (ex: the PC in the house mentions that you need to click away from your favourite YouTube channel before being able to use it. You can change the channels on your household TV and you can also turn it off or on. Even interacting with a mug on the table activates the message; "It's half full but some may say 'it's half empty'" or vice versa).

Last edited by a moderator:

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
It's understandable that you'd want to keep some stuff secret. But it's hard to capture a player's interest if they don't know what awaits them in a game. So you need to find that limit of what you can reveal without spoiling too much.

That beings said, being innovative is hard, especially in fan-games. You'd really have to try hard to do something new, as there have been tons of fan-games, and a lot of different things have been done. If the route that you're planning to go, based off of the quotation marks, is that the good team isn't actually good... that's not new. I've seen some of that a few times before.

Other than that, I'm pretty glad to see that you're not using Light, Shadow, or Cosmic typing. I've seen way too many of those around.

Suggestion wise, I'd recommend changing the team names. Team Dark and Team Light are a little generic. But sometimes, simplicity works. They don't even need to have Team in the name. Just a thought.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
It's understandable that you'd want to keep some stuff secret. But it's hard to capture a player's interest if they don't know what awaits them in a game. So you need to find that limit of what you can reveal without spoiling too much.

That beings said, being innovative is hard, especially in fan-games. You'd really have to try hard to do something new, as there have been tons of fan-games, and a lot of different things have been done. If the route that you're planning to go, based off of the quotation marks, is that the good team isn't actually good... that's not new. I've seen some of that a few times before.

Other than that, I'm pretty glad to see that you're not using Light, Shadow, or Cosmic typing. I've seen way too many of those around.

Suggestion wise, I'd recommend changing the team names. Team Dark and Team Light are a little generic. But sometimes, simplicity works. They don't even need to have Team in the name. Just a thought.

I made sure to try and tell you as much as possible in my spoiler filled reply. I mentioned the plot involving time and space being altered by team dark so that all their plans will succeed, the strange but powerful asteroid, the fact that your character joins Team Light in an attempt to stop Team Dark, the fact that Team Light may not be as "good" as you may have thought and that the player will need to decide where their morals and values truly lie.

I am planning on going with that route but with a twist (although I had no idea it had been done before) I'm also planning a huge post game full of content and if I make future games they are to all link to one another, mentioning and sharing characters as well as teams.

I'll fill you in on another secret, there is more at work here then just Team Light and Team Dark.... There are always others.... puppet masters hiding in the shadows.

I would never use those typing's, at least not directly. The new typing is incredibly rare, only three Pokémon can have it and not until the late game will it come into play. It's not super strong or anything. (If you look carefully the name of the new type has already been mentioned, just not made obvious)

I chose those names because of how the player perceives them, automatically associating dark with bad and light with good is human nature. Playing off forced assumptions like these is what the game truly relies upon and keeping the things I don't want you to know hidden but always accessible, just not likely to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back