• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokemon NeoRed

How far should the first beta go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
  • -INFORMATION-
    Hack of:
    Silver

Hack Name:
    Pokemon NeoRed

Introduction:
    Hello, my name is Melash. As you probably know, I'm also working on another project called AncientEmerald. However, I'm taking a quick break from that project and starting a new one. Why? My other hack has some glitches I have been unable to fix. Don't worry, it's not cancelled, just delayed. Now then, I'm sure you want to hear about this hack instead of the other!

Storyline:
    We all remember the original Red. We all remember trying to beat Brock, fighting Team Rocket in Mt.Moon, and playing through the Kanto region. That was one of the games that started it all. However, what if you could relive that adventure...in full color? That's right, this hack is essentially Red in full color.

Features:
    Here is a list of the main things that will be changed from the original Red:
    Everything in full color
    Night/Day and Day of Week
    Extended storyline
    New music

....and much, MUCH more!

-MEDIA-
    Screenshots:

Pokemon NeoRed
    Pokemon NeoRed
    Pokemon NeoRed
    Pokemon NeoRed
    Pokemon NeoRed
    Pokemon NeoRed
    Pokemon NeoRed
    Pokemon NeoRed
    Pokemon NeoRed

Movies:
    I could make one of the introduction...?

Awards:
    Nope, none.

-BETA SECTION-
    Progress:
    Okay, this hack was started on July 22, 2009. I will show a progress bar in a few days here.

Beta Releases:
    I will release a beta when I feel like releasing one. Do not ask me for a release date!

-FIN-
    Closing:

Okay, I wasn't even planning on posting this hack for a while, which is why the quality of this thread isn't very good. Either way, please post your comments here.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Since you're most likely going to be ending up with extra space for scripts/maps, will you plan on implementing another area?

Anyways, I kinda want to see you finish AncientEmerald first... but this is showing some nice potential, and it looks exactly like Red!

Good luck on both projects.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Since you're most likely going to be ending up with extra space for scripts/maps, will you plan on implementing another area?

Anyways, I kinda want to see you finish AncientEmerald first... but this is showing some nice potential, and it looks exactly like Red!

Good luck on both projects.
    Yes, other areas will be implemented. Also, I am still working on that hack, and this.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • This is looking interesting and are you going to use Johto for anything? And please remember to include the delivery truck?

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • great, another rb remake with silver as the base. ;p (although I hope THIS one actually gets finished, unlike the others I know of...)

Anyway, It looks great. What are you going to do about the second region? Johto? Sevii islands? A new region?

Also, it would be cool if you used Coolboyman's silver patch that makes it linkable with pokemon brown. (mostly because in the thread that was closed when brown 2.0 came out, he said he planed to make a red, blue, and yellow patches with the new pokemon in them and... I haven't heard anything about them recently...) You might want to ask for his permission first though...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back