• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon New Red (working title)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    Hello.

Name: Pokemon New Red (Working title)
    Author: Pkmngoldftw
    Hack of: Gold

I am going to be starting up my own hack very soon.
    I don't have a title so for the moment it's just called "New Red".

Storyline:
    This hack will essentially be a remake of red. Now you might think "This is boring, it's been done! the only difference is it'll be fire red with Gold design". Not true. Sure you start off as Ash and in Pallet town all the way up to the Pokemon League. But when you finish, you're not going to 1 Island, 2 Island 3 Island etc... You're going to Johto!
    The second you get into Johto (starting at New Bark Town from when you surf across) you already meet Hiro (the player for Gold) just as he's about to start his journey. And you meet him again, not for a battle (well, there will be a battle with him at one point of the game, but it'll be near the end ;)).

New Features:

• Kanto will not be the same. It will be much like RBY but I will add some changes and extra fun stuff. Same goes for Johto, things will most likely look the same, but won't be the exact same.

• You get to choose a Johto starter when you beat the pokemon league (which will be the same as it is in RBY but with GSC graphics). The Starter is at Lv. 10, and it doesn't mean you have to give up on your other Kanto pokemon.
    • When you gave 16 badges you can battle in the Johto league.
    • You do meet Gary in Johto again and he still battles with you. He doesn't become the Viridian Gym leader in this game (but he would have after) and plus you would be playing the game against Goveni so it wouldn't matter if he's a gym leader or not.
    More features will be announced in this thread soon. But for now that's all I'm telling you.

So I'll be getting started on this hack pretty soon, I just need to get some software (i've been testing out some already).
    Though it's hard to find GSC software in English for hacking.
    I'd need a map editor, like GoldMap or something, a Poketext editor, a starter chooser (already got that one), how to actually script the hack the way I want etc.
    I would greatly appreciate if people who has made GSC hacks would show me what programs they used so I can try them.

Thanks and I hope this is the right thread, after all, at the moment this is only an idea (but it will be put into production asap).

-pkmngoldftw

Back