• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Octoreon (beta 0.0.10)

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2023
    This is a beta release for pokemon octoreon for us to get some feedback.
    The game still follows the main story as fire red with a few changes and its more challenging.
    There is a new story we want to tell that will be happening alongside the main game.
    It is just 3 guys working on it and we are new to rom hacking and as time goes by we will be adding more releases with more stuff.
    Pokemon Octoreon (beta 0.0.10)Pokemon Octoreon (beta 0.0.10)Pokemon Octoreon (beta 0.0.10)Pokemon Octoreon (beta 0.0.10)Pokemon Octoreon (beta 0.0.10)

You will have to a clean copy of pokemon fire red 1.0
    Here is a file for the bps. file

Attachments

• Pokemon_-_Octoreonbeta0.0.10.zip
      4.2 MB · Views: 39
    Years
    • She/her
    • USA
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I'll try to find fire red 1.0. For future reference, 1.1 (squirrels) is a lot more common. I'll let you know how it goes.

sylingga

Red Everywhere
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I'll try to find fire red 1.0. For future reference, 1.1 (squirrels) is a lot more common. I'll let you know how it goes.

No, romhack more likely use FR 1.0
    and squirel not always 1.1, it has 1.0 too

both binary and decomp has tend to use FR v1.0

only a little (maybe 1 out of 10 of romhacks that use 1.1)

Years
    • She/her
    • USA
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    No, romhack more likely use FR 1.0
    and squirel not always 1.1, it has 1.0 too

both binary and decomp has tend to use FR v1.0

only a little (maybe 1 out of 10 of romhacks that use 1.1)
    Well regardless, I wasn't able to get it to work with any version of fr I could find, sorry. Maybe I'll keep searching. Maybe it's my patcher

Edit: I got it to work! There is a checksums mismatch but if you get the patcher to ignore it, then it works. I'm excited to play this romhack!

Last edited:
    Back