• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon, Old VS New (have some questions here)

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2006
    Short Story:
    First, as my name states, Scizor is my favorite Pokemon. I was a fan of Scyther back when Pokemon first started and moved on to Scizor when the metal games came out. Ironically, I had cought a Red "Shiney" Scyther and the evolved Scizor was Gold (not sure if it was because of Scizors color or if all Steel types were gold when shiney). On a side note, I just cought a "Shiney" lvl3 Zigzagoon this morning while training as well as a Volbeat with Pokerus.

New:
    With the announcement of Pokemon Pearl and the stunning graphics on the upcoming online game I decided to pick up Pokemon again and check it out. I had Saphire a few years ago and just beat the Elite 4 on Emerald and FireRed and have started hatching my own Pokemon. I started practics trying to get a good Sableye, but his stats are just too low regardless of how I raise him. I have a good Scyther with the Adiment personality that I'm experimenting with now.

Questions:
    The Scyther is turning out OK, but his stats just aren't near my old teams. The new Scizor version of this Scyther has a higher Strength, but all the other stats don't really compair. To my knowledge, Adiment personality increases Strength while lowering Special Attack, but are there any other side effects that may make me want to aim for a neutral personality instead? I had trained my new Scyther with both the Pokerus virus and the Macho Brace, though I had never given him any Vitemens during the training and it was too late when I tried.
    So, is there no way to transfer my Pokemon from "Crystal" to "Emerald" somehow? I don't think it's possible directly, but is there a way through the 'other' Pokemon games to transfer my old team?

Odd:
    Just a quick referance question, did any of you who played the Metal games have their Pokemon raise in stats over time even after achieving lvl 100? Most noticeably was that my Scizor and MewTwo kept increasing in stats during the Stadium 2 days.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Questions:
    The Scyther is turning out OK, but his stats just aren't near my old teams. The new Scizor version of this Scyther has a higher Strength, but all the other stats don't really compair. To my knowledge, Adiment personality increases Strength while lowering Special Attack, but are there any other side effects that may make me want to aim for a neutral personality instead? I had trained my new Scyther with both the Pokerus virus and the Macho Brace, though I had never given him any Vitemens during the training and it was too late when I tried.
    So, is there no way to transfer my Pokemon from "Crystal" to "Emerald" somehow? I don't think it's possible directly, but is there a way through the 'other' Pokemon games to transfer my old team?

No, there are absolutely no other "side effects" of natures. Adamant will increase Atk by 10% and reduce SAtk by 10%. That is all. Neutral natures are totally pointless. Why they are even there is beyond me, other than to piss off trainers that catch good Pokes only to see them be neutral natures, or when breeding you get stuck with a neutral nature. As you found out, you must give vitamins to your Poke FIRST, as they no longer work after your Poke reach 100 EVs in that particular stat. As QB stated above, you CANNOT, in any way, trade Pokes from the metal games to the advanced games.

Odd:
    Just a quick referance question, did any of you who played the Metal games have their Pokemon raise in stats over time even after achieving lvl 100? Most noticeably was that my Scizor and MewTwo kept increasing in stats during the Stadium 2 days.
    There are two things at play there. First is the EVs that existed back then, but were not as easily manipulated. The other was a glitch that included depositing your Poke in the Daycare Center.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Just since you asked, it's because of an EV glitch that occurs in that generation. From what I recall, you use up all of the PP of one move and deposit the Pokémon before withdrawing it once more and having the Pokémon centre attendant heal it.

Shane, correct me.

Furretking1990

Da Furret King
    Years
    same stat thing

I had the same stats issue with my feraligater in Gold. It reached a lvl 100 and just kept on getting higher attack from that point, even w/o pokerus.

Back