• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: One of the worst cartoons?

Rad_Riardos

PokeMaster
    Years
    Normally, for the original watchers, it was hard for me to outgrow it, because I wanted to see what happened. Hate the old episodes, just want to see the new episodes, and movies. Battling is the only thing I like. But if pokemon always kept things on track, then it would be better. Guess it's just trying to make a long season.

Ryu Hoshi

Traveling fighter for hire
    Years
    Normally, for the original watchers, it was hard for me to outgrow it, because I wanted to see what happened. Hate the old episodes, just want to see the new episodes, and movies. Battling is the only thing I like. But if pokemon always kept things on track, then it would be better. Guess it's just trying to make a long season.

More like milk it for all its worth

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2009
    you have to notice how old the article is thought since the other cartoon havnt been around in years. also the plot has to be simple or 5-10 year olds wouldnt get it.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    Say 'Pokemon' or 'Gotta Catch 'Em All' anywhere in the world and people will know exactly what you're talking about. Pokemon must be pretty popular for that to happen, no?

Personally, I dislike the Anime. I prefer Animes like Naruto and Bleach, with excitment and violence rather than a repetitive plot, uninteresting characters, and predictable anime like Pokemon.

^ All IMO, people. Don't get mad. @_@

Guest123_x1

The first two or three seasons were very good (perhaps the early episodes that ran in syndication were some of the best)-but then once Master Quest (season 5) came along, things began sliding down quickly (which is why I quit watching the show come Hoenn)

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    I agree kinda, Pokemon is a bit too boring becuase it gets to repitive ;_: even my mom said the first seasons where better. Although Pokemon still tickles my fancy but I can understand a critic writting something like that.

PokemonRox

h a r u h i
    Years
    I like the shows.. the people that wrote that story dont understand that there are thousands of people who still like pokemon..

~PokemonRox:t244:

Ryu Hoshi

Traveling fighter for hire
    Years
    I like the shows.. the people that wrote that story dont understand that there are thousands of people who still like pokemon..

~PokemonRox:t244:

its not about how many people like the show.its about the story around the show all together.and lets face it.theres not that many people that still watch pokemon from the day it originally aired in the U.S untill now,and repetitiveness is a key factor to that

Shadow0faBandit

Your worst Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2007
    its not about how many people like the show.its about the story around the show all together.and lets face it.theres not that many people that still watch pokemon from the day it originally aired in the U.S untill now,and repetitiveness is a key factor to that

The repetitiveness will always be there unfortunately. Pokemon would probably do alot better if a more in depth story line was given to the series. Pokemon will probably be another simpson's show, where it never ends. If the game developers could keep up with the show that would be a dream, but I think Pokemon needs to come to an end within the next five years or so.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Is it just me or did the person that wrote this article seemed to have spent more time playing the games and not enough time watching the anime? I mean the person even use the word leveling in his article when the anime doesn't even say a thing about leveling pokemon, except in one SUPER old episode.

I know that Pokemon isn't the best of all animes or shows but it still pretty coolies compare to other shows. I think we all know the show is repetivie and kinda doesn't do much on character development but still there is some character development. I mean Ash use to be a kid who was kinda a bit too overconfident and immature but now he is a bit more control. Then at the end of Battle Frontier May had some character developement too. Not much but it is something. Then it seems like Diamond and Pearl i doing a bit better compare to the other season.

I know somebody else already said this but it is true. Pokemon has been running for more the 500 episodes and still getting good ratings so it has to be doing something right.

Silly person who wrote that article. Teeheehee

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I don't get why people TRY and predict whats going to happen, I completely ignore what I've seen before, Adding contests wasn't repetitive. The personalities arn't always repetative.

I can live with most of it, I like seeing the new cities and just the new adventure they're on every episode.

I do have one problem with it though. Its more geared to new watchers, the repetitavness I don't like is when they have to re-explain the battling concepts, or how they want the brand new viewers see Ash grow from a loser (like loses battles) to a winner. I just wish they'd gear that stuf more to the dedicated fans.

I can deal with a repetative plot. As long as they don't COMPLETELY start over (I love seeing the NEW characters develop.)

Back